Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Tall women, would you date or marry a short man?
Yes 51 53.13%
No 45 46.88%
Voters: 96. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-04-2012, 08:23 PM

3,516 posts, read 6,780,102 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by shortnblack View Post
Sometimes it doesn't matter how much spade work you put into a girl. If she's not into you, she's not into you. Simple as that.

I have always admired and appreciated the ladies that challenge the stupid height rules of society, especially the tall women.

It's amazing when you meet a tall beautiful lady that totally ignores who society tells her to be attracted to! God forbid her for being attracted to the shorter guy and the little guy having the hots for the leggy woman LOL!!! They'll both get branded as outcasts for having creepy height fetishes for each other.

It amazes me that ancient, prehistoric, caveman rules about the man always needing to be taller than the woman still holds weight in our society.

I really think you've got an overly dramatic outlook on this subject. Most of the guys I've dated have been shorter than I am and no one has mentioned it. Ever. No friends asking if I think it's weird, no family tsk-tsking that I should date someone taller, no strangers yelling rude comments about midgets, sasquatches, or fetishes. I didn't even realize anyone even cared about height until near the end of college.

Old 12-05-2012, 06:13 AM

855 posts, read 1,383,887 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnexpectedError View Post

I really think you've got an overly dramatic outlook on this subject. Most of the guys I've dated have been shorter than I am and no one has mentioned it. Ever. No friends asking if I think it's weird, no family tsk-tsking that I should date someone taller, no strangers yelling rude comments about midgets, sasquatches, or fetishes. I didn't even realize anyone even cared about height until near the end of college.
I have a real perspective on this subject through experience.

What part of the world are do you live in? Height discrimination has been socialized against men as an accepted practice. It often starts a very young age with girls being pressured by their parents and peers to conform to the height whims of society. It continues through highschool, post-secondary and sometimes into adulthood for both men and women but moreso women. Girls highly value the opinions of their girlfriends. If a guy doesn't measure up, she'll hear it from the group and often she'll be pressured to discard him by constant ridicule. The girlfriends don't want him in the whole picture because it looks odd. They are embarrassed for their girlfriend even though she might not care what they think.

BTW, I was being facetious. Not all guys and girls think it's a creepy fetish when the woman is taller. I've known women who bodly challenged our society's height norms. They have dated men way shorter than they are because they were attractive guys. I was a lucky one for a time. Only not so lucky because the tall girl left me for a guy slightly shorter!

Old 12-05-2012, 11:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shortnblack View Post
I have a real perspective on this subject through experience.
So do I, my experience just happens to run counter to yours. And I live in the American south, an area not exactly known for celebrating deviations from societal norms. And yet I have never heard a word from anyone when I've dated shorter guys. Some people may care a whole lot but most people do not.

Old 12-05-2012, 11:53 AM

32 posts, read 100,582 times
I am 5'7' and very good looking. I strike out all the time with taller woman. Enough said.

Old 12-05-2012, 12:19 PM

362 posts, read 559,775 times
Yes, as long as he doesn't have "short-man syndrome". My ex-husband was 1 inch shorter than me, and when we argued he would puff out his chest and try to stand taller than me.... it was ridiculous. I also had to wear flats in public, so I wouldn't tower over him.

If a man is going to date/marry someone taller than himself, he needs to be secure about it.

Old 12-05-2012, 12:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggwish View Post
I am 5'7' and very good looking. I strike out all the time with taller woman. Enough said.
And you have a 100% success rate with shorter women?

Old 12-06-2012, 10:59 AM

855 posts, read 1,383,887 times
Quote:
LOL! I strike out all the time with both short and tall women, moreso the short ones hahaha!!! I'm an inch shorter than you and have been told on many occasions that I have a very handsome face with perfect teeth. Just too short for short women and not tall enough for tall women.

Finding a woman in the middle of the height spectrom who excepts my whole package has been a struggle. I don't let it drag me down because I've got so much more in life going on for me that's pretty darn good.

Old 12-06-2012, 02:04 PM

12,566 posts, read 10,611,363 times
Quote:
Same height here buddy and I have never had a problem finding dates when I was single. My wife is taller than me.

Old 12-06-2012, 04:26 PM

499 posts, read 756,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLgirl727 View Post
Yes, as long as he doesn't have "short-man syndrome". My ex-husband was 1 inch shorter than me, and when we argued he would puff out his chest and try to stand taller than me.... it was ridiculous. I also had to wear flats in public, so I wouldn't tower over him.
//www.city-data.com/forum/newre...ly&p=27219343#
If a man is going to date/marry someone taller than himself, he needs to be secure about it.
No such thing as "short man syndrome". That's a stereotype. Perhaps it exists if you believe in "angry black woman syndrome" , "tall man bully/entitlement syndrome", "bit*h/penis envy syndrome" and every other stereotype.

I am not "that" short, but never had problems attracting women of all heights. You win some and lose some. Even if I was 6'+, there would still be some women who wouldn't be interested in me.

The short men who have women turning them down for being too short should rejoice. There are other fish in the sea and there are LONG TERM advantages to being shorter than average.

Old 12-08-2012, 07:09 PM

1,266 posts, read 1,606,224 times
i find tall women very attractive, hot, as in taller than me, because i find it to be sexually pleasurable that i can treat a woman who is in kinda dominant position, as like she were my Queen, Empress, and I am her Guard
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships