Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Tall women, would you date or marry a short man?
Yes 51 53.13%
No 45 46.88%
Voters: 96. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-27-2013, 02:44 PM

855 posts, read 1,384,399 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey;28861711[B
]From first hand experience, it feels MUCH better being hugged and cuddled by a man who is larger than me.[/b] That's not Hollywood telling me that, that's not society telling me that, that's my OWN personal experiences. I've dated mostly shorter men in the past and I'll tell you that it has nothing to do with protection for me..it's simply more desirable from a purely physical standpoint. Will I turn down a shorter man? No way. But it does feel different and many women find that more desirable, just as most men prefer someone they can hold as opposed to someone who will hold them.

For you, is it a different feeling being with a thin/in shape woman vs an obese woman? Which would you prefer?
Glad that it feels MUCH better for you to be hugged by a taller man LOL! Can you tell me truthfully and honestly that the red carpet rules haven't influenced your disposition of feeling "better" hugged or cuddled by a taller guy than a short guy? I don't think you can say that your height as a tall woman hasn't affected your opinion.

C'mon jet, don't need to sugar coat it. You need to feel petite, dainty, tiny, all the synonyms associated with a woman's desire to be dwarfed by a taller man. You know something, I'm happy to say that I've met a couple of awesome women who were much taller than me and loved it when I hugged them, held them and cuddled them. They found it very sexy.

It is no difference being hugged or cuddled by a taller woman or shorter woman, skinny woman or an obese women. I appreciate hugs from all kinds of women and I don't judge which one feels better. I will say this about my experiences with tall ladies. Being smothered in boobs to the point of playful suffocation is an amazing feeling that tall guys can't understand.

Good on you for dating shorter men in your past too. I'll give kudos for that.

Old 03-27-2013, 02:59 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,626,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shortnblack View Post
Glad that it feels MUCH better for you to be hugged by a taller man LOL! Can you tell me truthfully and honestly that the red carpet rules haven't influenced your disposition of feeling "better" hugged or cuddled by a taller guy than a short guy? I don't think you can say that your height as a tall woman hasn't affected your opinion.

C'mon jet, don't need to sugar coat it. You need to feel petite, dainty, tiny, all the synonyms associated with a woman's desire to be dwarfed by a taller man. You know something, I'm happy to say that I've met a couple of awesome women who were much taller than me and loved it when I hugged them, held them and cuddled them. They found it very sexy.

It is no difference being hugged or cuddled by a taller woman or shorter woman, skinny woman or an obese women. I appreciate hugs from all kinds of women and I don't judge which one feels better. I will say this about my experiences with tall ladies. Being smothered in boobs to the point of playful suffocation is an amazing feeling that tall guys can't understand.

Good on you for dating shorter men in your past too. I'll give kudos for that.
Ah, so you're discounting what I feel because it doesn't match up with your opinions. Got it. As for being influenced by the red carpet, I don't own a tv, don't read glossy magazines and the vast majority of my time is spent at an airport or studying. So I don't really have a lot of time to pay attention to what 'hollywood' tells me to like.

I never said I didn't like shorter men, I simply said it feels better TO ME physically to hug a taller man. Maybe I should add that it feels better to hug my 6' tall girlfriend as opposed to my 5'3 girlfriend. It's simply something I prefer because she's closer to my height and I don't have to bend down or have her face in my boobs, which isn't comfortable to me. Sorry it offends your sensibilities.

See, you say you like being smothered in boobs in 'playful suffocation', so I guess now small girls with small breasts should flip out and berate you for your preferences, right? Not every woman grows large breasts and I know PLENTY of tall women with very small breasts. See? That's a preference and it's something physical that you prefer to feel.

As for dating shorter men in my past, I will continue to date them in the future as well.

Old 03-27-2013, 05:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
Ah, so you're discounting what I feel because it doesn't match up with your opinions. Got it. As for being influenced by the red carpet, I don't own a tv, don't read glossy magazines and the vast majority of my time is spent at an airport or studying. So I don't really have a lot of time to pay attention to what 'hollywood' tells me to like.

I never said I didn't like shorter men, I simply said it feels better TO ME physically to hug a taller man. Maybe I should add that it feels better to hug my 6' tall girlfriend as opposed to my 5'3 girlfriend. It's simply something I prefer because she's closer to my height and I don't have to bend down or have her face in my boobs, which isn't comfortable to me. Sorry it offends your sensibilities.

See, you say you like being smothered in boobs in 'playful suffocation', so I guess now small girls with small breasts should flip out and berate you for your preferences, right? Not every woman grows large breasts and I know PLENTY of tall women with very small breasts. See? That's a preference and it's something physical that you prefer to feel.

As for dating shorter men in my past, I will continue to date them in the future as well.
I've never said being smothered in boobs was a preference Jet. A fun experience yes, but not a preference at all. Now with that being said, I've had wicked awesome fun with skinny, flat, wiry strong women. I'm not accusing you of disliking short men either. So sorry if you can't understand or believe that.

I also never said anything about feeling better or worse with regards to the height, weight, or general size of a woman when I'm hugging them. You were the one who said it feels much better with a tall guy, so you needn't go further with your girlfriends, especially in this thread. And, if I was one of your short girlfriends, I might be a little bit irked by your comment. I don't judge hugs between people because they all feel good to me.

I can understand how some people say it "fits" better to be with a person the same height. No arguing that. I don't judge how a person "fits" into my arms or how I fit into theirs. Can you say that you haven't?!

I will continue to approach women by the message I get from their eyes and I don't care if they are short or tall, skinny or chubby. If a woman's facial expression reciprocates me approaching her, I will. Gladly and confidently.

Old 03-27-2013, 05:56 PM

Quote:
I've never said being smothered in boobs was a preference Jet. A fun experience yes, but not a preference at all. Now with that being said, I've had wicked awesome fun with skinny, flat, wiry strong women. I'm not accusing you of disliking short men either. So sorry if you can't understand or believe that.

I also never said anything about feeling better or worse with regards to the height, weight, or general size of a woman when I'm hugging them. You were the one who said it feels much better with a tall guy, so you needn't go further with your girlfriends, especially in this thread. And, if I was one of your short girlfriends, I might be a little bit irked by your comment. I don't judge hugs between people because they all feel good to me.

I can understand how some people say it "fits" better to be with a person the same height. No arguing that. I don't judge how a person "fits" into my arms or how I fit into theirs. Can you say that you haven't?!

I will continue to approach women by the message I get from their eyes and I don't care if they are short or tall, skinny or chubby. If a woman's facial expression reciprocates me approaching her, I will. Gladly and confidently.
You said you liked being smothered in boobs. Just like I like hugging taller men. There both a 'fun experience' and a preference. Of course you judge people, EVERYONE judges people. I'm glad you like 'all hugs', so do I, but to say there is no difference between a hug from a 5' tall person and a 6'5 person is kind of ridiculous. How is it 'judging' when you notice a difference or have a preference? One of my closest friends is a guy who is 5'4 and around 110 lbs and hugging him is VERY VERY different than hugging my guy friend who is 6'8 and 250 or so. It's ridiculous to say it's exactly the same.

Oh, and my short girlfriends do find it awkward to hug me, they're usually the ones who bring it up. Especially if we're hugging in public because we DO get gross looks from pervy guys when I have to bend way down or their face is in my chest area.

And just because you have preferences doesn't mean you aren't allowed or aren't going to approach someone you find attractive regardless of what those preferences are. I just think it's silly to put others down for their preferences. If they aren't into you, they aren't into you. Move on. I used to get angry when men rejected me for my height, but it really doesn't bother me anymore. Why would I want to be with someone who wasn't into me? You can't force attraction.

Old 03-27-2013, 06:23 PM

863 posts, read 1,129,245 times
Quote:
Because there's always something better out there. People don't like 'settling'.

I agree, because I've had plenty of men reject me because 'I'd be too tall while wearing heels'.

It's not just women who are going around picking guys based on height, men do it just as often, it's just that they don't have to vocalize it since MOST women are shorter than MOST men.

Why Are People Still Hung Up on Height in Relationships?

Plenty of women are hung up on height. Plenty of men are hung up on 'petiteness' and 'smallness'.

There's NOTHING we can do about that so just ignore the ones who aren't interested in you. Is that so difficult?
Well, I was just airing out my thoughts. It's pretty difficult to accept that a lot women wouldn't want me based on my height alone. I mean, as corny as it sounds, I'm still human. I have feelings and loneliness is a feeling that I'm getting tired of. It's really hard for me to find someone. I'm trying to get over it as that's how life goes, but it's still tough. The poll above, however, does give me some hope.

For those looking for perfection in a mate is laughable at best. In my opinion, guys who reject you for being too tall while wearing heels are just as ridiculous as short women being "taller" than the guy while wearing heels. I swear, the lamest of people think they're hot stuff. Funny thing is, I've recently went to the Polar Bear Club on Coney Island and 95% of the people there were out of shape, both overweight and underweight. I wonder how many of the women there would've reject me because I'm too short (even though I love bigger women).

Old 03-27-2013, 07:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rs4 fan View Post
Well, I was just airing out my thoughts. It's pretty difficult to accept that a lot women wouldn't want me based on my height alone. I mean, as corny as it sounds, I'm still human. I have feelings and loneliness is a feeling that I'm getting tired of. It's really hard for me to find someone. I'm trying to get over it as that's how life goes, but it's still tough. The poll above, however, does give me some hope.

For those looking for perfection in a mate is laughable at best. In my opinion, guys who reject you for being too tall while wearing heels are just as ridiculous as short women being "taller" than the guy while wearing heels. I swear, the lamest of people think they're hot stuff. Funny thing is, I've recently went to the Polar Bear Club on Coney Island and 95% of the people there were out of shape, both overweight and underweight. I wonder how many of the women there would've reject me because I'm too short (even though I love bigger women).
I'd hate to say this... but not a lot of people are going to care about your feelings or if you accept their opinions on you. It's been extremely difficult for me to find someone and it bothered me for a reallllly long time until I realized that you simply can't please everyone.

I don't even think it's looking for 'perfection'. Some people only want to date brunettes, some people only want to date 'fit' people, there have been plenty of guys who have stated outright they refused to date a woman who had a flat chest, or a flat butt. There was an entire thread dedicated to 'flat chested women' on the Fashion/beauty forum. And just because one person has an 'imperfection' doesn't mean they have to get rid of all of their preferences.

Would you rather someone looked past their preferences and ultimately resented you for it? My ex did just that and it was horrible in the end when I found out he was in no way attracted to me. I much rather he rejected me in the beginning and been honest.

Regarding your comment about the lamest people thinking they're hot stuff... confidence is grand. I think everyone should think they're hot stuff and if they reject you because they somehow think they're 'better' than you, then they can go home alone or wait it out until they find what they're looking for. No skin off of my back.

Old 03-28-2013, 02:28 PM

Quote:
You said you liked being smothered in boobs. Just like I like hugging taller men. There both a 'fun experience' and a preference. Of course you judge people, EVERYONE judges people. I'm glad you like 'all hugs', so do I, but to say there is no difference between a hug from a 5' tall person and a 6'5 person is kind of ridiculous. How is it 'judging' when you notice a difference or have a preference? One of my closest friends is a guy who is 5'4 and around 110 lbs and hugging him is VERY VERY different than hugging my guy friend who is 6'8 and 250 or so. It's ridiculous to say it's exactly the same.

Oh, and my short girlfriends do find it awkward to hug me, they're usually the ones who bring it up. Especially if we're hugging in public because we DO get gross looks from pervy guys when I have to bend way down or their face is in my chest area.

And just because you have preferences doesn't mean you aren't allowed or aren't going to approach someone you find attractive regardless of what those preferences are. I just think it's silly to put others down for their preferences. If they aren't into you, they aren't into you. Move on. I used to get angry when men rejected me for my height, but it really doesn't bother me anymore. Why would I want to be with someone who wasn't into me? You can't force attraction.
OK, I understand where you are coming from but I don't really weigh in on the aesthetics of a hug. Yes, they feel different from person to person, height, weight, and overall body shape. I enjoy them all and I don't have a preference for a specific type of hug. Any woman who wraps her arms around me and holds me in a warm, close embrace regardless of what emotions she's holding is good for me.

You are right, you can't force attraction, but you can open up your mind beyond the superficial. It has nothing to do with calling someone out or putting them down for their preferences. I believe people in todays world more often confuse preference with entitlement. It leads to discriminatory behaviour against others and social dissension.

I've had experiences where I've become more attracted to women who I initially didn't think would turn me on at first instance. The main thing is that I didn't close out these women or shun them because the initial "physical" attraction wasn't earth shattering or predominant. I have my preferences like everyone else, but I don't live and die by them when choosing a woman.

That is ridiculous and ignorant if you ask me. The world would be a pretty boring place if everyone lived and died by what they prefer on the surface level.

Old 03-28-2013, 02:39 PM

Quote:
OK, I understand where you are coming from but I don't really weigh in on the aesthetics of a hug. Yes, they feel different from person to person, height, weight, and overall body shape. I enjoy them all and I don't have a preference for a specific type of hug. Any woman who wraps her arms around me and holds me in a warm, close embrace regardless of what emotions she's holding is good for me.

You are right, you can't force attraction, but you can open up your mind beyond the superficial. It has nothing to do with calling someone out or putting them down for their preferences. I believe people in todays world more often confuse preference with entitlement. It leads to discriminatory behaviour against others and social dissension.

I've had experiences where I've become more attracted to women who I initially didn't think would turn me on at first instance. The main thing is that I didn't close out these women or shun them because the initial "physical" attraction wasn't earth shattering or predominant. I have my preferences like everyone else, but I don't live and die by them when choosing a woman.

That is ridiculous and ignorant if you ask me. The world would be a pretty boring place if everyone lived and died by what they prefer on the surface level.
Of course one can open their mind, but you also can't force yourself to be attracted to someone you're simply not. Does that mean you'd be open to dating an 80 year old woman? Or a man for that matter? Wouldn't want to discount someone based on age or gender since those really aren't things we can control.

I don't shun anyone unless they show me they should be shunned and it's not based on how they look, but rather how they act. I also understand that people have physical dealbreakers and I'm not going to put them down for it. There are a ton of men out there that refuse to date women who aren't thin, just as there are women who refuse to date anyone who isn't muscular enough. That's their prerogative and if that's what they like, then that's what they should pursue if that makes them happy.

I have noticed, however, that people who are completely open to dating everyone tend to have much more of a problem dating than people who have narrower preferences and go for just what they want. They seem desperate and wishy washy with no real direction...and believe me, I was once like that so I know.

Old 03-28-2013, 02:40 PM

Quote:
I'd hate to say this... but not a lot of people are going to care about your feelings or if you accept their opinions on you. It's been extremely difficult for me to find someone and it bothered me for a reallllly long time until I realized that you simply can't please everyone.

I don't even think it's looking for 'perfection'. Some people only want to date brunettes, some people only want to date 'fit' people, there have been plenty of guys who have stated outright they refused to date a woman who had a flat chest, or a flat butt. There was an entire thread dedicated to 'flat chested women' on the Fashion/beauty forum. And just because one person has an 'imperfection' doesn't mean they have to get rid of all of their preferences.

Would you rather someone looked past their preferences and ultimately resented you for it? My ex did just that and it was horrible in the end when I found out he was in no way attracted to me. I much rather he rejected me in the beginning and been honest.

Regarding your comment about the lamest people thinking they're hot stuff... confidence is grand. I think everyone should think they're hot stuff and if they reject you because they somehow think they're 'better' than you, then they can go home alone or wait it out until they find what they're looking for. No skin off of my back.
Some people put too much emphasis on the physical and don't even think of the importance of what lies between the persons ears.

I do feel for you Jet.

It sucks to find out that a person wasn't into you at all and had no attraction for you only to hate on you because of their lack of attraction for you. That's not good.

Honesty is always the best policy and the truth will set you free. The truth isn't always easy to digest but it will set you free. Physical preferences is just a fraction of the overall attraction. In fact, physical attraction becomes a lot greater when I get pleasantly surprised by an amazing personality. That makes someone shine in a whole different light.

Old 03-28-2013, 02:59 PM

Quote:
Of course one can open their mind, but you also can't force yourself to be attracted to someone you're simply not. Does that mean you'd be open to dating an 80 year old woman? Or a man for that matter? Wouldn't want to discount someone based on age or gender since those really aren't things we can control.

I don't shun anyone unless they show me they should be shunned and it's not based on how they look, but rather how they act. I also understand that people have physical dealbreakers and I'm not going to put them down for it. There are a ton of men out there that refuse to date women who aren't thin, just as there are women who refuse to date anyone who isn't muscular enough. That's their prerogative and if that's what they like, then that's what they should pursue if that makes them happy.

I have noticed, however, that people who are completely open to dating everyone tend to have much more of a problem dating than people who have narrower preferences and go for just what they want. They seem desperate and wishy washy with no real direction...and believe me, I was once like that so I know.
OK now you're losing me Jet and I think you're taking it way out of context. 80 year old woman? That's outlandish. Dating a man? Sorry I'm not gay.

Don't know if you are joking or being serious. If you are being serious that's kinda ridiculous.

I find people who have more stricter physical preferences are the least happy people. I've never been one of them and I've met all kinds of them. Heavily guarded and forever searching for that specific person with the specific body part or parts on a checklist. Furthermore, by virtue of how I've been treated as a 5'6 guy, I'm more open and accepting of physical differences in people. You tend to be more free and easy with people when you want to avoid being discriminated against. At least that's how I look at it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships