Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-06-2011, 05:49 PM

86 posts, read 427,386 times

Advertisements

For all the shy men out there... what are some signs you give off if you are interested in someone?

And would you prefer the girl to just go and make the first move (if you are both interested in each other?) And how long do you wait/take to make the first move?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-06-2011, 06:00 PM

5,353 posts, read 5,773,850 times
As a shy guy, I love it when a woman makes the first move. But as a shy guy, if I know she's interested, I have no issue making the first move. Signs I give off? I don't know that I give off any until after the first move has been made, then I'm fine. Its fear of rejection that has always stopped me. If he knows you're interested, he should make the first move even if he is shy, but I'm sure he'd love it if you did (as long as you're ok with doing that).

I'd say any guy who waits longer than 2 dates is risking being in the "friend zone". Certainly by the 3rd date, I always forced myself to try, assuming there were no clear indications of interest on her part.

Old 03-06-2011, 08:39 PM

640 posts, read 1,728,465 times
Atlguy, what kind of signs do you look for to see if a girl is interested? Like if a girl keeps looking over at you, or seems to be especially awkward around you, do you pick up on the fact that she might be interested or do you tend to rationalize it?

Old 03-06-2011, 09:11 PM

5,353 posts, read 5,773,850 times
Making eye contact, smiling, touching me when having a conversation, running her hands through her hair, laughing at things I say, etc. I think I've gotten better at it over the years, but women are more subtle than men. As men, we have to learn to read the body language and trust it as well. I rarely find women to be awkward around me, they seem to be confident, which makes it hard to read. I don't rationalize it when I'm on a date, but if I don't know a woman, I may. I may just say to myself that she's a "touchy feely person" and not read into it.

Old 03-06-2011, 09:24 PM

20,259 posts, read 36,961,319 times
Eye contact, regardless of being shy or not. I used to be shy when young, but realized the girls found me handsome, so my confidence grew. Soon enough I figured that I could read or just tell a story with eye contact. By then my self confidence was established, but before then I would just look down and blush.

Touching does not work the same for everyone. In some families touching is not common, while in others it is.

To the OP: try subtle eye contact, but don't push it, and if you happen to know his sister or a friend of his, make friends with these. Once you have established some sort of friendship, figure a way to show your interest on the guy in a way that won't scare him. You can do this through his friends or relatives. If he likes you, you will see it in his eyes, or in his actions.

Old 03-07-2011, 06:41 AM

86 posts, read 427,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RayinAK View Post
Eye contact, regardless of being shy or not. I used to be shy when young, but realized the girls found me handsome, so my confidence grew. Soon enough I figured that I could read or just tell a story with eye contact. By then my self confidence was established, but before then I would just look down and blush.

Touching does not work the same for everyone. In some families touching is not common, while in others it is.

To the OP: try subtle eye contact, but don't push it, and if you happen to know his sister or a friend of his, make friends with these. Once you have established some sort of friendship, figure a way to show your interest on the guy in a way that won't scare him. You can do this through his friends or relatives. If he likes you, you will see it in his eyes, or in his actions.

I like a coworker at work, and we work at different divisions. But he'd ask why I wasnt at a certain company meeting. When i first noticed him at a meeting, he seemed very relaxed and slouching on the chair. But recently Ive noticed him trying to grab a seat near me during our company wide meetings, but I noticed he would fidget alot in his chair, and reposition or even sit on top of his hands to stop squiriming. So I dont know if he's just a fidgety person or maybe just nervous around me?

I tried talking to him and making eye contact, but I guess I am shy as well so I would look at him in his eyes but then quickly look down at his chest (cause I am shorter than him).

Old 03-07-2011, 07:21 AM

9 posts, read 96,249 times
Personally I act like a total bafoon and I notice that I do tend to studder and I do get tongued tied when talking to the girl that I like.

Ya his nervousness does seem like a sure sign that he likes you.

Old 03-07-2011, 07:29 AM

5,802 posts, read 11,835,435 times
Getting red faced like a tomato, stuttering,trembling like a leaf in the autumn wind, starting to sweat (especially in the palms of the hands)and oogling their hearttrobs with the dejected look of a beaten dog, that's what shy men do (I know it, I was a shy teen myself).
Because shy men are NOT Alpha male, but the opposite (Zygma males?)
And do not believe when females say to appear politically correct, that "shy men are cute" : confronted with shy men, they take to their heels!

Old 03-07-2011, 07:54 AM

2,066 posts, read 4,323,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheeerioS View Post
For all the shy men out there... what are some signs you give off if you are interested in someone?

And would you prefer the girl to just go and make the first move (if you are both interested in each other?) And how long do you wait/take to make the first move?
They ignore you and get tongue tied when talking to you.

Old 03-07-2011, 10:39 AM

640 posts, read 1,728,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pigeonhole View Post
Getting red faced like a tomato, stuttering,trembling like a leaf in the autumn wind, starting to sweat (especially in the palms of the hands)and oogling their hearttrobs with the dejected look of a beaten dog, that's what shy men do (I know it, I was a shy teen myself).
Because shy men are NOT Alpha male, but the opposite (Zygma males?)
And do not believe when females say to appear politically correct, that "shy men are cute" : confronted with shy men, they take to their heels!
Shyness CAN be cute. However, there does come a point when you want him to DO SOMETHING-to take the reins a little bit, to show some initiative, some need to conquer you...SHY GUYS...DO SOMETHING!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships