Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 05-04-2011, 03:56 AM
 
18,270 posts, read 14,424,679 times
Reputation: 12985

Advertisements

I think the tough is everywhere, stressedcollegegirl. It's hard finding compatible men. Just this weekend I was supposed to have gone out dancing with 2 guys. One was a singer and physically very good looking, but he smelled of beer and I just didn't feel like wasting my time on someone I know I don't want long term. I guess I could have gone out anyways and ****ed his brains out. But casual meets give me no long term joy. As for the other one, he has his own business but then he sounded just broke. He gave me a line I heard on the Tonight Show about how he doesn't touch his business account. Lies, lies, lies. Not interested. The older I get, the easier I can see right through them. So I canceled on both and wonder if there's any men out there who aren't into drugs, booze, cheating on their wives, broke, and just plain normal. Alas, the search continues....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 05-04-2011, 10:31 AM
 
Location: USA
31,013 posts, read 22,051,613 times
Reputation: 19068
Quote:
Originally Posted by stressedCollegeGirl89 View Post

What would you suggest? lol. You can tell me, I'm a big girl!
I'm a guy and I don't know much about make up, but I know what I find attractive in a woman. If I broke it down the things that I find attractive from your pictures, it would be Eyes, full lips, nice smile and pretty face. all very good features.

Not knowing squat about make up I know you want to maximize your good features "above". Suggestions on getting there?-Friends or make-up counter at dept store for advice.

I do know a friend of mine with similar features as you goes from "just nice eh" when you catch her with out make up to "Wow" when she’s going out on the weekends. She gets asked out a lot and not just by jerks.

Improving your outward appearance will improve your self confidence and increase your opportunity in attracting quality men in your life. Some will say it's the inside that counts and outwardly appearance doesn’t matter. It definitely matters in "this world" and it can definitely make you feel better.

Last edited by LS Jaun; 05-04-2011 at 10:41 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-04-2011, 11:57 AM
 
Location: Philadelphia, PA
1,163 posts, read 1,994,970 times
Reputation: 1002
Quote:
Originally Posted by temptation001 View Post
I think the tough is everywhere, stressedcollegegirl. It's hard finding compatible men. Just this weekend I was supposed to have gone out dancing with 2 guys. One was a singer and physically very good looking, but he smelled of beer and I just didn't feel like wasting my time on someone I know I don't want long term. I guess I could have gone out anyways and ****ed his brains out. But casual meets give me no long term joy. As for the other one, he has his own business but then he sounded just broke. He gave me a line I heard on the Tonight Show about how he doesn't touch his business account. Lies, lies, lies. Not interested. The older I get, the easier I can see right through them. So I canceled on both and wonder if there's any men out there who aren't into drugs, booze, cheating on their wives, broke, and just plain normal. Alas, the search continues....
There are some good guys out there...somewhere; I don't know where they are but they're out there! Just reading your post made me giggle as I try to imagine the scenario in my head!

Guy number two used a line from the Tonight Show...wow! What gets me is why he would mention that he doesn't dip into his business accounts in the first place? Sounds like one of those off-the-wall remarks that don't really need to be said. Then again, as a youngin', I would fall for those kind of guys hook, line, n' sinker because I don't know any better right now. Maybe I'll gain some smarts as I get older, hopefully. Sounds like you know what you really want and don't like to waste time with those who won't bring what you are looking for. I commend you for it!


Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
I'm a guy and I don't know much about make up, but I know what I find attractive in a woman. If I broke it down the things that I find attractive from your pictures, it would be Eyes, full lips, nice smile and pretty face. all very good features.

Not knowing squat about make up I know you want to maximize your good features "above". Suggestions on getting there?-Friends or make-up counter at dept store for advice.

I do know a friend of mine with similar features as you goes from "just nice eh" when you catch her with out make up to "Wow" when she’s going out on the weekends. She gets asked out a lot and not just by jerks.

Improving your outward appearance will improve your self confidence and increase your opportunity in attracting quality men in your life. Some will say it's the inside that counts and outwardly appearance doesn’t matter. It definitely matters in "this world" and it can definitely make you feel better.
Thanks!

So you are a guy....I wasn't sure if you were a guy or a girl. Now I know!

I don't know much about makeup either...so that makes two of us! I rarely wear makeup and on the chances that I do wear makeup (lip gloss, mascara, face powder) for special events, I do look really nice; I'm just too lazy to put some on on a day-to-day basis. I suggested to one of my best friends recently that her and I should throw a "makeup party" at my house, lol after playing some pool.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-04-2011, 12:32 PM
 
Location: USA
31,013 posts, read 22,051,613 times
Reputation: 19068
Quote:
Originally Posted by stressedCollegeGirl89 View Post
So you are a guy....I wasn't sure if you were a guy or a girl. Now I know!

I don't know much about makeup either...so that makes two of us! I rarely wear makeup and on the chances that I do wear makeup (lip gloss, mascara, face powder) for special events, I do look really nice; I'm just too lazy to put some on on a day-to-day basis. I suggested to one of my best friends recently that her and I should throw a "makeup party" at my house, lol after playing some pool.
Crap! Just checked, yep I'm a guy..still

The party idea sounds fun. add some pics of the difference if you do!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-04-2011, 12:43 PM
 
Location: The Island of Misfit Toys
2,765 posts, read 2,791,661 times
Reputation: 2366
Quote:
Originally Posted by stressedCollegeGirl89 View Post
It's been almost 9 months since I was in a relationship. I would love to get on the dating scene, but I haven't met anyone who I would be interested in dating casually...or met anyone for that matter. After my last relationship, I don't really want to get into a serious relationship...too "draining." If fact, I've never been the kind of person to go out on many dates, just go one maybe a few "dates" with a guy and then get into a serious relationship with them. Between, classes, homework, volunteer work, and working at the computer lab, it's been the same old, same old every week. I cannot find or meet anyone that is on my wavelength. A lot of these guys here at my college don't have the things that I look for in a guy.

What is a young lady to do? How can I effectively change my dating course?

You say you want the dating life but then claim you're not happy with it.

What does that tell you? That tells you that you don't really want it.

If you wanted the dating life, you would accept it as it is.

the dating life is not presently living up to your standards so I think you should not worry about it and enjoy your single life. Or look to other places states, countries that approach dating closer to what you imagine it should be.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 08:43 PM.

© 2005-2024, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top