U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-11-2011, 06:26 AM

1,750 posts, read 2,401,470 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zerby View Post
Really. Did he tell us about the success he had in marriage, is he divorced? Abandoned, screw over by women? He talks an awful big game so Id like to know the details! On one hand he talks about the "game"..then moments later says not to play them!
'It ain't talking if you can back it up'...and trust me, I can most certainly back it up...

I married the love of my life back in 2007...we've been together for a total of 7 yrs now (dated 2004-2007, then married April '07)...I had been married and divorced 3 times previously...now, I could have done like a lot of guys do, and sit around like a mushroom and b***h about 'women being (fill in whatever embittered insult you choose)'---or in the case of the thread topic, substitute 'American women '...

But y'see, I chose NOT to do that, because while I was sitting sucking my thumb, I probably would have missed Mrs Catfish when she came into my line of sight...I mulled over everything that I had done right or wrong, not only in my marriages, but other relationships I had, bad or good...thus, when Mrs Catfish came into my life, she reaped the benefits of the brand new me, fully focused and locked-on about what I needed to do to make our relationship/marriage work...

What's the gist of all this? It's simple...when I spoke of 'not playing games', I meant just that---step up and do what you gotta do to turn the thing around...if it works, hip-hip hooray...but if it doesn't work, then move on, because obviously that woman wasn't meant for you...moving on, however, at least to me, DOESN'T entail trying to find some foreign 'yes woman' because Western/American women have made it known that 'they ain't havin' no nonsense'...it's not about them being mean, loud, bossy, whatever excuse you can find...it means have your s**t together from jump, and work WITH that woman and not AGAINST her...you'll be floored at how much better life can be when you're on the same page...

And my line about 'game'? That was defining all the silly stuff we guys sometimes try to pull---I know because back in my 20's and 30's, I was EXACTLY the kind of guy I warn against now...but I wised up, cleaned up my act, and learned to do what's right...does my journey work for everyone? No...I'm no expert on love and marriage---I'm just putting out here what worked for ME...and it didn't include a bunch of sour grapes against American women...

Now tell me, is that enough explanation for ya?
Rate this post positively

Old 03-11-2011, 06:34 AM

25,906 posts, read 38,144,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NotARedneck View Post
Maybe those 65 people got married when only 80 people got married.

I find the who area to be interesting. Nobody knows the exact divorce rate for a particular year until everyone is dead....or divorced.
Agreed. Congrats on your star, by the way.

Old 03-11-2011, 06:43 AM

25,906 posts, read 38,144,903 times
Quote:
The only bashing of women that has gone on here are the bashing of foreign women consistently by women here. Then categorizing American men who get foreign women as desperate or inadequate! Yeah that Tom Brady is quite pathetic for marrying a Brazilian woman
Tom Brady didn't marry Giselle Bundchen because she was non-American. He married her because she's smoking hot and probably nice to him and said yes. And practically no man in this country who is not Tom Brady is going to land himself a Brazilian supermodel just because he's American. He'd better be rich, handsome and wealthy to boot because that's the kind of man she can get.

You seem to be saying that American men don't want spoiled, entitled American princesses. Fair enough, I wouldn't want them either. But you do know how Americans are largely perceived in other countries, among our peers, right?

Old 03-11-2011, 06:53 AM

1,904 posts, read 2,689,955 times
It's all speculation for now, until we get some percentage statistics on the common reasons that leads to both parties ( AM/FM & AM/AW) ending marriages. I'm pretty sure there's been studies done.

Old 03-11-2011, 06:55 AM

1,904 posts, read 2,689,955 times
Quote:
The only bashing of women that has gone on here are the bashing of foreign women consistently by women here. Then categorizing American men who get foreign women as desperate or inadequate! Yeah that Tom Brady is quite pathetic for marrying a Brazilian woman
The sad truth.

Old 03-11-2011, 06:57 AM

2,632 posts, read 6,196,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by captaincatfish View Post
I really wish people would stop with all this whininess about 'boo-hoo-hoo...American women are so mean! I'm gonna get me a nice passive foreign woman who refills my Cheerios when they get soggy!'

I've got a theory---like to hear it? Here it is...

All this American vs foreign born women boola-boola is the result of SOME of these guys (yeah I said SOME...the majority probably ain't like this) finding out that American women aren't taking any of their post-adolescent crapola, domestic violence, and 'me tarzan you Jane stay home and make babies and cook for Tarzan' BS, and are telling them to make like a walking stick and hit the bricks...

And this is no slight to foreign born women either...please don't take it as such...but it gets monotonous all the time, with this 'I'm gonna get me a foreign girl...you Western/American women are a bunch of ball-breaking, gold digging, loud-mouthed beeyotches who won't say how high when I say jump!'

How about a little truth...either your game is weaker than Charmin in a monsoon, and you need to step it up...or (gasp!) quit TRYING to run games and actually treat a woman with some dignity and respect...maybe then you won't be running across the ocean with your tails between your legs and your d***s slung over your shoulders, looking for some shrinking violet who's gonna kiss your a** 24/7 and not question anything you do...

When I knew, back in the day, that I either needed to make a better me, or spend a lot of time getting personal with my right hand, guess which one I chose? It's not that hard, and all American women aren't the daughters of Cruella DeVille
Yeah right. Most women are cheaters, liars and manipulators. It's all over the T.V. Most women initiate the divorce.

It's like America is trying to feminize men.

Magazines and media aren't empowering women to stand up on there own. There encouraging women to have multiple boyfriends, and to be "mean girls".

Sometimes I wonder if its a scheme by the government. The media is the most powerful entity in our society and its practically brainwashing american women.

I had to get tested for stds because my ex wife had to sleep with the entire neighborhood. Thankgod I was negative.

All women aren't angels. So put your cape away please.

Old 03-11-2011, 07:10 AM

1,750 posts, read 2,401,470 times
Lightbulb Actually, I've Never Owned A Cape

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veyron View Post
Yeah right. Most women are cheaters, liars and manipulators. It's all over the T.V. Most women initiate the divorce.

Magazines and media aren't empowering women to stand up on there own. There encouraging women to have multiple boyfriends, and to be "mean girls".

Sometimes I wonder if its a scheme by the government. The media is the most powerful entity in our society and its practically brainwashing american women.

I had to get tested for stds because my ex wife had to sleep with the entire neighborhood. Thankgod I was negative.

I much prefer baseball caps, thank you...

And I'm sorry if you don't agree with what I said, which is your right...

But, truth be told, I meant EXACTLY what I said...every syllable, peiod, comma, and exclamation point...and what's more, nowhere in that post did I type or utter the words 'all women are angels'---same as when I qualified that ALL men weren't guilty of the behavior I described...

And I'm sorry if your experience with women has been less than pleasant...mine wasn't, and I'm not gonna go around b****ing to high heaven every 30 seconds about how lousy women are because some media-oriented BS tells me so...that ain't gonna happen because the media doesn't and won't have that kind of influence on me...

I'm gonna get off my fanny, turn off the TV, turn off the PC, close the newspaper, and get outside and interact with people instead of pretending that soundbites from 'Inside Edition' and 'Entertainment Tonight' are the be-all and end-all authorities on male-female relations

Old 03-11-2011, 07:14 AM

9,412 posts, read 12,312,839 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Veyron View Post

Bitter much

Old 03-11-2011, 07:15 AM

7,787 posts, read 14,971,491 times
Zerby, I'm curious. Are you American? How did you meet your spouse? Why did you marry her?

Old 03-11-2011, 01:14 PM

25,649 posts, read 23,684,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MontanaGuy View Post
They seem to be much more traditional and family oriented than many Americans are. I think this could be said of many Asian nations and it could be the reason that divorces are less common.
I know personally one Korean woman (small town) who married an American soldier and came to the US. They divorced. She married another american man. They divorced.

A former co-worker had a Korean mother/American father. As far as I know they are still married.

About 1/2 of the married Americans I know have been divorced, 1/2 never been divorced.

What does this prove. Absolutly nothing.

It would make sense to me if mail order brides accounted for a large percentage of American/foregin marriages because realistically it would be much more difficult if not impossible for these women to divorce, being in a foreign country, not knowing many people, maybe not speaking the language, no chance of a good job and no citizenship.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or