U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-03-2011, 03:19 PM

3,433 posts, read 5,727,638 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by he's so hott View Post
I'll just say that your observations mirror what I've seen. The look over there is a natural beauty that is starting to die here in the States. I personally didn't see any fake breasts, lips, eye lashes and so forth.
Exactly! One thing I dislike about American women (in general) is how they are programmed to think that marriage is sort of like what they see in the movies, a fairy tale(Sure!), their minds are full of BS!

Once an American woman become disillusioned and finally realizes that marriage is not like in the movies, then they get bored and file for a divorce.

Most European women would be perfectly OK with a living arrangement without being married. I went to a concert in Helsinki, Finland and I was amazed by how awesome Finnish girls are and how much more liberated they are,

I had so many girls come up to me and ask me what I was doing in Finland, where I was from, the girls were super down to Earth, very smart and super liberated, I later found out that in Finnish culture, it is not uncommon for the girl to ask the guy out I definitely miss Finland, great country!
Rate this post positively

Old 10-03-2011, 03:21 PM

37,547 posts, read 23,572,784 times
The grass is always greener.....

Old 10-03-2011, 03:23 PM

9,412 posts, read 12,312,072 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
The grass is always greener.....

Oh so true Mikala. People are essentially the same everywhere you go. And eventually you find something you dislike about the people and the culture.

Old 10-03-2011, 03:25 PM

1,833 posts, read 2,258,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Repubocrat View Post
I later found out that in Finnish culture, it is not uncommon for the girl to ask the guy out I definitely miss Finland, great country!

That goes for the entire Scandinavian area. Only problem is they're so liberated and into feminism that mothers dress their sons in pink clothes and dresses. No, I'm not making that up either.

Old 10-03-2011, 03:26 PM

24,352 posts, read 26,240,331 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Djuna View Post
Oh so true Mikala. People are essentially the same everywhere you go. And eventually you find something you dislike about the people and the culture.
And I think a lot of these guys who are scoring big in foreign lands are forgetting that their foreignness is a big draw. They're unusual just by being there. When I went to visit friends in a small town in Northern England, everyone wanted to talk to me because I was "The American."

Americans are the same, throw an average-looking Irish or Brazilian or Australian guy into any social situation in the States, and he'll be swarmed because of his "cute accent". And he'll probably go home bragging about how great American women are.

Old 10-03-2011, 03:39 PM

2,112 posts, read 2,428,538 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
And I think a lot of these guys who are scoring big in foreign lands are forgetting that their foreignness is a big draw. They're unusual just by being there. When I went to visit friends in a small town in Northern England, everyone wanted to talk to me because I was "The American."

Americans are the same, throw an average-looking Irish or Brazilian or Australian guy into any social situation in the States, and he'll be swarmed because of his "cute accent". And he'll probably go home bragging about how great American women are.
Great point (that reminds me of Love Actually LOL)

In some countries it's cool to be foreign and American. That coolness factor definitely ups the guy's desirability.

Old 10-03-2011, 03:39 PM

3,433 posts, read 5,727,638 times
One thing I don't understand about most American women( in general) is this obsession with getting married and having kids, where does this come from? For me, it is a huge turn-off!!

In most other developed societies, people live together for years, unmarried , no children and they are perfectly fine with it.

One problem with our society is this puritanism, false moralism, sexual repression and how much religion still influences people's ideas and behavior.

I hate religion with a passion, so, I find it really hard to relate to the way the average American woman thinks, marriage and kids? NO THANKS!

Old 10-03-2011, 04:00 PM

14,003 posts, read 14,736,407 times
Quote:
There is absolutely no reason to settle for an overweight American woman who wears sweatpants to the grocery store!
Even if you're an overweight guy who also wears sweatpants to the grocery store?

Old 10-03-2011, 04:10 PM

24,922 posts, read 35,577,409 times
Quote:
One thing I don't understand about most American women( in general) is this obsession with getting married and having kids, where does this come from? For me, it is a huge turn-off!!

In most other developed societies, people live together for years, unmarried , no children and they are perfectly fine with it.

One problem with our society is this puritanism, false moralism, sexual repression and how much religion still influences people's ideas and behavior.

I hate religion with a passion, so, I find it really hard to relate to the way the average American woman thinks, marriage and kids? NO THANKS!
I am religious but agree with you on obsessing about kids and marriage.

Old 10-03-2011, 04:37 PM

2,013 posts, read 3,869,587 times
Most American women arent feminine point blank, especially when you compare them to their counterparts in non western countries.

I've dated women in europe and its a mixed bag, depending on how well you can speak the language of the country your spending time in. A good deal of the women I had dated in WE grew up elsewhere (Turkey, Africa, SE Asia). I had found the local talent to be more feminine than women here in the states.

Now you'll come across feminine women here on the homefront, a good deal of them might be FOB but thats to be expected.

American women simply have too many masculine traits.

Sometimes I swear, living and f ing chicks out there ruined it for me here at home!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or