Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-11-2011, 08:57 PM

37,592 posts, read 45,950,883 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattB4 View Post
Yes it does. Sorry that it is beyond your comprehension level as to why. I would explain it again if I thought you were capable of getting it but I do not see that as being likely. Suffice to say, the OP is lamenting the fact that her age men are seeking younger women. Your advice is to have her seek younger men instead, like you do. Not particular germane.

Game laws says you got to let the young ones off the hook or those not meeting the minimum size.
Clearly you have no clue about, well, about most everything. You have misread, and assumed incorrectly. Yet again.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-11-2011, 09:11 PM

1,561 posts, read 2,204,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
Clearly you have no clue about, well, about most everything. You have misread, and assumed incorrectly. Yet again.
Col. Mustard did it in the pantry with the lead pipe. I will match my lack of most everything to your lack of comprehension beyond that of a third grader (age of guys you prefer to date??) but I am afraid that Nature abhors a vacuum and the Universe will be wiped out.

Old 03-11-2011, 09:14 PM

37,592 posts, read 45,950,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattB4 View Post
Col. Mustard did it in the pantry with the lead pipe. I will match my lack of most everything to your lack of comprehension beyond that of a third grader (age of guys you prefer to date??) but I am afraid that Nature abhors a vacuum and the Universe will be wiped out.
Apparently not. You're still here.

Old 03-11-2011, 09:29 PM

14,078 posts, read 16,601,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sassafras12 View Post
And why do slightly above average looking men over 50 think that an attractive 35 year old woman would be interested in going out with them? Don't get me wrong. They're nice men. I'd go out with them. But do they really think a 35 year old would be interested in them?
I wonder the same thing. I'm in my late 20s and I just received a Match.com message from a 53 year old man. They send winks/messages to me all the time, and I'm pretty sure I set my upper age limit to 38. It's really annoying.

Old 03-11-2011, 09:33 PM

1,561 posts, read 2,204,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
Apparently not. You're still here.
Touché
Seems the OP has only complained and gone. So you are right, no need to spend anymore time here. I have more interesting things to do before entropy occurs.

Old 03-11-2011, 09:49 PM

9,006 posts, read 13,831,283 times
I think its one big myth that older men are interested in dating younger women. Maybe interested in sex only,but in always they tell me I'm too young to date. Most women in my family who are 50 have no problem dating. Men in their age range. Plus,there are young women who genuinely are interested in older men like me,and I'm not looking for a sugar daddy either.

I have too ask:why must the men in your age range who you want to date have to be above average looking?are you above average looking? I'm just saying if you concentrate on the heart I don't get why looks should matter.

Old 03-12-2011, 09:01 AM

10,364 posts, read 20,788,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamajane View Post
If I were a 50 year old man I'm not sure I would want to date 50 year old women either. I'm in my 40s and a lot of women my age seem kind of boring and I can't relate to them. It isn't about being physically active, it's a mindset. Of course, a lot of older guys have that mindset as well.
I see what you mean, but I've met people in their 30's even who were like that. They still listen to the same music that they did in their teens and still eat the same food and have the same views--it's like they decided to set their personalities in stone.

Old 03-12-2011, 09:10 AM

1,646 posts, read 2,372,847 times
I am 33 and most of the time I prefer younger men or aorund my age, just because they have less bagagge. And also, I take good care of myself and do not want to be with someone with health issues.

Like someone aged 40 would be weird, and some in their 50's no way (my dad is only 59 so no thanks)

Old 03-12-2011, 09:15 AM

4,721 posts, read 5,310,183 times
As a younger woman, I am currently dating an older man. He is 38, and I am 24. We do have a lot in common, and we get along well. I have never really dated men my own age much, because I am not into beerpong, video games, or babysitting. My bf has a great career, interests of his own, and is someone I can talk to for hours without once hearing the word dude come out of his mouth.

As for the OP, my family members that are in their late 40's to early 50's date a lot. They don't meet their dates online, though. They generally meet them through a friend of a friend or a family member. Good luck.

Last edited by Georgianbelle; 03-12-2011 at 10:11 AM..

Old 03-12-2011, 09:44 AM

1,431 posts, read 2,479,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgianbelle View Post
As a younger woman, I am currently dating an older man. He is 38, and I am 24. We do have a lot in common, and we get along well. I have never really dated men my own age much, because I am not into beerpong, video games, or babysitting. My bf has a great career, interests of his own, and is someone I can talk to for hours without once hearing the word dude come out of his mouth.

As for the OP, my family member that are in their late 40's to early 50's date a lot. They don't meet their dates online, though. They generally meet them through a friend of a friend or a family member. Good luck.
I hear you, although from the other side of the room (21 years, guy).

I can definitely see the appeal of an older woman. They don't age as horribly as society's norms in general would have us believe (provided they don't eat themselves into oblivion). Further, they have more confident, established personalities. I suppose it's best simplified as they are mature adults. I find this attractive in people.

Georgianbelle, you like meaningful conversations without the word "dude" and other slang? I too enjoy conversations in Formal English without hearing about the latest flash in the pan musician or slang-of-the-month from TV.

I feel like so few in my age range have anything going on upstairs and suffer from "generic tastes and personality disorder." The real, working world should fix that soon enough.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships