Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-13-2011, 09:44 PM

3,409 posts, read 4,645,401 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by city_data91 View Post
This is something I can't stand. I hate it when this happens.

Example: When I'm eating with other people and they ask each other if they're ready to go, but they don't even bother to ask me (this has happened at least twice with at least 2 different groups of people).

With one of the groups, I wasn't ready yet so they were essentially ditching me. I have a feeling when they asked each other if they were ready to go, it was a rhetorical question and it was already decided the answer was yes. And they didn't care about my input.

With another group, I was glad to leave because I didn't even like one of the guys I was sitting with. Why was I sitting with him if I don't like him, you might ask? Long story. Unfortunately, my friends befriended him.

But the fact that I was glad to leave and get away from him is not the point. The point is he was acting like I wasn't there.

In my mind, I was sitting with them. But apparently in their mind I was just someone that happened to be sitting at the same table but not with them.

Another example: At a football game, I was with a group of people. I was watching the game, then I looked over and they were leaving. They didn't even bother to say anything to me.

I was thinking of saying "Way to let me know you're leaving"

Once again, apparently in their mind I wasn't with them and I was just someone that happened to be in the same area as them.
Wow CD-91! Is this really a problem with your friends? I mean other guys. I've never, ever, had that happen with other men or my friends. Strangers come up and talk to me all the time. In fact, just this weekend I had at least 10 random guys wanting to know what my hat meant and what they were into as well as myself. This is a little odd if you are dominate or a outgoing male.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-13-2011, 09:46 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,947,295 times
John, what state and city are you in?

But I think CD-91 is just BSing us here. He's really laying on the doublespeak rather thickly if you ask me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big-Bad-John View Post
Wow CD-91! Is this really a problem with your friends? I mean other guys. I've never, ever, had that happen with other men or my friends. Strangers come up and talk to me all the time. In fact, just this weekend I had at least 10 random guys wanting to know what my hat meant and what they were into as well as myself. This is a little odd if you are dominate or a outgoing male.

Last edited by artsyguy; 03-13-2011 at 10:02 PM..

Old 03-13-2011, 10:02 PM

Is this based on a true story?

Quote:
Originally Posted by justthe6ofus View Post
The only time that happened to me, it was a boy that I was interested in. It felt like he was looking past me everytime I spoke, like I wasn't there. He wouldn't acknowledge me either. Turns out he was as interested in me as I was in him...and he was just very shy about it. I married him 5 1/2 years later

Old 03-13-2011, 10:11 PM

It does sound like middle school behavior.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
Is this something that happened in middle school or more recently?

Old 03-13-2011, 10:38 PM

Maybe the OP's friends are weeding him out for a reason. lol. He seems to be so omniscient.

Old 03-14-2011, 10:20 PM

7,492 posts, read 11,829,224 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by artsyguy View Post
I never said I worked with incompetent people in a classroom: and of course they (incompetent students) belong there too. A classroom is not a job: it's a place to learn from your peers and your instructor. Jesus Christ what college do you attend? Gulag University? I'm so perplexed by your comments.

Now incompetent faculty and staff are a different story. They do not belong there. Incompetent students should be retained, trained, and mentored. They can learn from their peers or professors if they are cooperative.
I agree with you here and yet I don't. College is a place to learn and grow and find out what's important to you and what makes you click. It takes a lot of people time to figure this stuff out and in the meantime they go through the motions. That's where some students might need some guidance.

I personally also don't care how other people do in classes I'm in, I'm so focused on my own education. I could care less and Lord knows everybody has their bad days where they can't get it together. And incompetent professors should be outta there! But kids who skip two weeks of classes for no reason, or show up drunk or high and late a lot, don't belong in school. I'm sorry, they need their priorities checked. Some of these types might do well with some mentoring also. And like I said, I really don't care. But it affects everybody when good students who take college seriously, end up in groups with these morons.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships