Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-16-2011, 07:49 PM

3,573 posts, read 6,481,267 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by carra View Post
Not so fast! I had come to this thread before him

And about the OP's advice I'm not going shoot it down, it's pretty good. I'll just point out that for some people it may not be enough. Some men have most of that and still can't get dates. We still seem to be missing something fundamental here. No idea what it is though (sparks? vibes? butterflies?... enter abstract concepts here)
Ok, the prize goes to you, carra! Now these points ARE GOOD enough to get a date so if you still can't get a date with these pointers then something is amiss.

Let's start with the ladies you surround yourself with. What kind of person are they? Are you picking the same shallow people? Are you going for a type?

Now about you, are you comfortable around the ladies, do you keep your appearance up, do you have confidence, how's your personality?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-16-2011, 07:51 PM

14,570 posts, read 23,102,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas User View Post
What do you do about getting cockblocked?
Depends on the situation and who is doing it. If you can be more specific we'll try to help you.

Quote:
What about the haters?
**** em. Most of them will be the beta males that are jealous because they don't get any *****.

Old 03-16-2011, 07:55 PM

3,573 posts, read 6,481,267 times
Quote:

What about the haters?
I don't understand these two questions. Explain.

Old 03-16-2011, 08:09 PM

12,671 posts, read 23,835,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosco55David View Post
Depends on the situation and who is doing it. If you can be more specific we'll try to help you.

**** em. Most of them will be the beta males that are jealous because they don't get any *****.
Then you also get labelled as arrogant too and people start to make fun of you.

Old 03-16-2011, 08:16 PM

14,570 posts, read 23,102,143 times
Quote:
Then you also get labelled as arrogant too and people start to make fun of you.
So what? You can't go through life worrying about what everyone thinks of you.

Old 03-16-2011, 09:01 PM

9,394 posts, read 15,709,601 times
Seriously. Haters gonna hate, you can't do much about it so just disregard them.

Old 03-16-2011, 09:10 PM

25,901 posts, read 42,754,151 times
Great post, cdubs!

Old 03-16-2011, 11:37 PM

14 posts, read 66,698 times
Great post. And it definitely applies to men and women.

Old 03-17-2011, 03:54 AM

404 posts, read 702,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by donie1 View Post
Ok, the prize goes to you, carra! Now these points ARE GOOD enough to get a date so if you still can't get a date with these pointers then something is amiss.

Let's start with the ladies you surround yourself with. What kind of person are they? Are you picking the same shallow people? Are you going for a type?

Now about you, are you comfortable around the ladies, do you keep your appearance up, do you have confidence, how's your personality?
The problem with having fixed general advice for dating is that everybody is different and every case is unique. There will always be someone who can't solve their problems with the same advice you would use for everyone else. Why? Because for any particular person, unless you personally meet them, you can never know what actually fails for them. Bad place to live? Too much focus on job and career? More attractive friends who blow their chances? A weird voice? The possibilities are endless.

About myself, I still haven't found what it is. Even asking a couple of girl friends for honest advice we still couldn't spot any real problem. I'm not very demanding about the women I meet, either: I go more for the cute type than the hot, spectacular ones.

Of course I don't expect anyone in a forum to tell me what the problem is, when even my friends couldn't. So just take my posts as some kind of venting

Old 03-17-2011, 07:53 AM

2,618 posts, read 6,169,694 times
Quote:
Not so fast! I had come to this thread before him

And about the OP's advice I'm not going shoot it down, it's pretty good. I'll just point out that for some people it may not be enough. Some men have most of that and still can't get dates. We still seem to be missing something fundamental here. No idea what it is though (sparks? vibes? butterflies?... enter abstract concepts here)
I didn't write this to solve all the world's dating issues. I felt that after reading a ton of the same types of threads I noticed a lot of people just have terrible mindsets when it comes to dating. I don't blame them as I had similar ones (I had negativity, had given up, generalized at some points), so I felt maybe this could be a short/quick reminder of how to look at dating in a different light. That was the biggest change for me, my viewpoint on dating and just looking at it from a different approach. Then everything got better gradually from there.

Quote:

What about the haters?
You can't control what other people do, but get used to dudes who will try to hurt your chances with a girl. Some guys are massively jealous, or maybe they feel like they need to watch out for their buddy's "girl" (you know, a guy likes a girl and thinks he's claimed her even though she doesn't have interest).

All you can do is rise above it and not let it bother you. Let's put it this way: If a guy tries to "cockblock" you and the girl drops you because of another guy's efforts...how much did she really like you? What does that speak about HER as a person? Do you want to date someone so easily influenced by others about false facts about you?

If she likes you, she'll want to be with you. That's the part a lot of people have a hard time realizing.

Quote:
The problem with having fixed general advice for dating is that everybody is different and every case is unique. There will always be someone who can't solve their problems with the same advice you would use for everyone else. Why? Because for any particular person, unless you personally meet them, you can never know what actually fails for them. Bad place to live? Too much focus on job and career? More attractive friends who blow their chances? A weird voice? The possibilities are endless.

About myself, I still haven't found what it is. Even asking a couple of girl friends for honest advice we still couldn't spot any real problem. I'm not very demanding about the women I meet, either: I go more for the cute type than the hot, spectacular ones.

Of course I don't expect anyone in a forum to tell me what the problem is, when even my friends couldn't. So just take my posts as some kind of venting
Why do you think you have a problem? I could say just from reading your posts that maybe confidence is an issue....why does there have to be something wrong? Dating isn't easy, it's hard to find the right girl. I was single for over 4 years, dated online for 1 year and a half before I met the right girl. It's not supposed to be easy, you're trying to find a one of a kind girl that is perfect for you in every way. If there were a million perfect girls for you running around then you wouldn't appreciate her when you find her.

Try to think about yourself in the sense that NOTHING IS WRONG WITH YOU and that you just haven't found the right person yet. I know it sounds cliche but that's a statement I truly believe in. In a country with an over 50% divorce rate, would you want to settle for anything less than a girl that is awesome for you? All you can do is increase your chances and improve yourself. The rest is out of your control and all you can do is keep putting yourself out there. If you're a good dude and you are confident that you have something to offer a woman and can make her happy....you'll find a girl that appreciates that. Try to find ways to reflect your good traits....play to your strengths.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships