U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-15-2011, 07:31 PM

12,945 posts, read 18,190,946 times

Advertisements

Maybe you should consider the city, even if you work in the suburbs. People live in the suburbs mainly to raise children because of the safety and good schools. Singles usually get bored with it and move to the city. More to do even if you don't meet the girl of your dreams.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-15-2011, 11:31 PM

22 posts, read 37,434 times
Okay, don't take this the wrong way but from what I read it sounds like you don't have very many friends or you need new friends, and because of that you might need to work on your social skills some more, which if all of that is true then that is what you need to address first.

Like everyone has mentioned, you need to go do something. Find yourself a hobby. Then go find other people who enjoy that hobby. To find those people search online like other people mentioned. Then start hanging out with them. Meet their friends and then do stuff with them. And then meet their friends and hopefully you'll find someone, and at the same time have lots of friends! haha

If you are as good looking as you say and all that, then the opportunity for casual sex/hookup has come up but you didn't go for it. So I'm guessing you are waiting for the right girl, and there is NOTHING WRONG WITH THAT. Babies and STDs are not worth risking your virginity with some random person. So do not go to bars or clubs to find women. Bars are for one-night stands and drinking/having a good time with buddies, etc; and clubs are where you go WITH women to dance and party, etc.

Last edited by DJIntegrity; 03-15-2011 at 11:40 PM..

Old 01-24-2012, 04:57 PM

24,682 posts, read 54,160,101 times
I'm not going to read another of these threads (it's not the first time a 'good looking' guy has had problems getting girls) but buddy, not all attraction is based on good looks. More than half of the problem is non-physical.

Why is the advice always 'join a church, club.etc' what are these clubs most people are talking about, honestly? The stamp collecting society? Not many women in my area join special interest clubs. Maybe scrapbooking or talking about babies but that's generally after they get married.

Last edited by Keeper; 01-25-2012 at 05:22 AM..

Old 01-24-2012, 05:48 PM

11,517 posts, read 11,343,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimac20 View Post
Why is the advice always 'join a church, club.etc' what are these clubs most people are talking about, honestly? The stamp collecting society? Not many women in my area join special interest clubs. Maybe scrapbooking or talking about babies but that's generally after they get married.
Our local community college, as well as rec centre, offer all kinds of evening courses from yoga to dance lessons to cooking to photography, auto mechanics classes, mixed volleyball, baseball and basketball teams.

Most people suggest joining a club or activity as a way to meet others who share common interests, because it's hard enough to meet people, let alone not having much in common with them when you do. A common hobby or interest is a great way to bond together.

Old 01-24-2012, 07:24 PM

24,682 posts, read 54,160,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberty2011 View Post
Our local community college, as well as rec centre, offer all kinds of evening courses from yoga to dance lessons to cooking to photography, auto mechanics classes, mixed volleyball, baseball and basketball teams.

Most people suggest joining a club or activity as a way to meet others who share common interests, because it's hard enough to meet people, let alone not having much in common with them when you do. A common hobby or interest is a great way to bond together.
Yes that's true, those fitness related activities are a great place to meet people.

Old 01-24-2012, 10:55 PM

8,010 posts, read 7,916,780 times
Quote:
I'm not going to read another of these threads (it's not the first time a 'good looking' guy has had problems getting girls) but buddy, not all attraction is based on good looks. More than half of the problem is non-physical.
But you revived the thread anyway.

Old 01-24-2012, 11:11 PM

3,439 posts, read 5,926,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ro2113 View Post
But you revived the thread anyway.
Almost a year later ...

Old 01-25-2012, 06:25 AM

365 posts, read 631,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by truth to valid View Post
Because I have good looks (just take my word for it) am confident, in shape, have a decent job...yet still, no girl? If I was hideous or something then at least I could reason a little bit but I'm so far from those supposedly undesirable traits that I'm left wondering why?

I know the bulk of my problem is finding the right type of girl. Unfortunately, I never took advantage of my good attributes to get girls when I was in school so now I feel very much left out...and sad.

Where can I meet girls? I live in the suburbs and drive to and from work everyday -- hardly do I meet anybody new.
This may not be right. But I think you should see a hooker. Get the sex thing over with.

Women can smell desperation. It is a real turnoff. So once you get over the whole v-card thing. Then you can approach women for something more.

Old 01-25-2012, 06:49 AM

9,131 posts, read 19,102,381 times
Quote:

They are suggestions for people to get out and maybe find people with similar interests. Guys can meet women anywhere. I think the point is, to get out and do things you have interest in, and you may run across women who are single and share some interests. Whether it is a bar, club, rec activity, shopping, bar trolling (I don't recommend that one for anything lasting), etc.

Old 01-25-2012, 08:55 AM

2,326 posts, read 6,847,203 times
Dude, you aren't even trying to meet chicks. You make active decisions every day not to talk to people and to stay in your apartment instead of getting out.

A perfect example is you choosing to work out at home when you could easily join a gym and be around other people, many of them in their 20's, female, and fit.

I've been going to the gym regularly since my junior year in high school and I have pulled tail at every gym I've been a member. Those places are gold mines, especially if you are as fit as you say, but you choose to stay home instead.

The "boring suburb" you live in is not a valid scapegoat, either. For five years I lived in Hendersonville, Tennessee; anyone who has been there will tell you it's a family-oriented bedroom community of Nashville. I had so much sex there it was like having a second job. Meanwhile, there are virgins walking around Manhattan who can spit out just as many (lame) excuses as you for their lack of sex. The bottom line is that every guy has some advantages working for them and some disadvantages working against them; whether or not you swing the balance in your favor and enable yourself to succeed is up to you. Like my old gym buddy used to say, "P---y is p---y, salt is salt, if you don't get none, it's your own damn fault!"

If all else fails, do what others have said and visit a house of ill repute. Shameful? Probably... but maybe you'll be more relaxed and confident without that V-monkey on your back.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships