Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-14-2011, 07:54 PM

817 posts, read 811,099 times

Advertisements

Looks like you are in pretty much the same situation as I find myself in, I am a 27 year old man, very fit, very active, do a lot of trail running and hiking every weekend, even been on the summit of Mt.McKinley(not a thing for the average Joe), I read a lot, a very deeply respectful and spiritual person, guess what? Most women I find are very repelling and put up an abhorring attitude, a lot of times they don't even look at me like a human being, although most people think it's not something I notice, I am much better than the average person at judging such things, which is why I can understand where you are coming from.

The only advise I can give you is to just keep your mind away from all those things, try doing something outdoorsy or something that you love, where you could find something in life which you love, thinking about women who are beyond shallow would only make you further depressed, trust me, I have been in your situation, and life's better than what these shallow people think it is anyway.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-14-2011, 07:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WestCobb View Post
Two words for you: highschool girls.
Stupidest piece of advise ever, do you want him to go after minors, sheesh.

Old 03-14-2011, 07:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by truth to valid View Post
Thanks.

I wish I could think of something to do directly after work as it would make me feel better about my day because as of now, at the end of my days all I know is that I sat on my ass behind a computer screen for the larger portion of said day. No socialization whatsoever. I barely talk to another soul the entire day, stuck in a corner, like an inmate.

There are no girls whatsoever to meet a work.

I workout in my apartment at home so I have no plans to visit a gym...I just need some socialization after work hours.
Looks like you do an IT job too, I spend my whole day in front of a computer too, LOL.

Old 03-14-2011, 07:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yankeegirl313 View Post
Confidence.....
The usual bull**** when it's the women that turn down the best guys because they love going after the jerks.

Old 03-14-2011, 08:00 PM

Quote:
I'm not nervous at all! I'd prefer to get a girlfriend than to just get my tip wet. Companionship is what I'm after -- the virginity problem could come later.

Did I mention that I never had a girlfriend?
Most women these days are after jerks that use them and dump them, they later become single mom's and keep complaining that there are no good men in the world, when all the best men like yourself are walking right in front of them, it's the fault of the society that people like you find yourself in this predicament, virtues are overridden by materialistic values and shallow societal norms, no wonder most of the good men end up being single these days or go after women from outside the US.

Old 03-14-2011, 08:05 PM

3,573 posts, read 6,473,742 times
How about volunteering for organizations that you'd be interested in? Habitat for Humanity, Humane Society are the two that come up in my mind with people your own age. How about marital arts? Take classes for martial arts. Join a gym. Take night classes doing something fun or interesting.

Old 03-14-2011, 08:07 PM

1,077 posts, read 3,237,139 times
Consider yourself lucky, sex just introduces jealousy, envy, the inevitable broken heart, and of course, unmatched pleasure. Well, it's not all bad.....

Old 03-14-2011, 08:09 PM

Quote:
Because I have good looks (just take my word for it) am confident, in shape, have a decent job...yet still, no girl? If I was hideous or something then at least I could reason a little bit but I'm so far from those supposedly undesirable traits that I'm left wondering why?

I know the bulk of my problem is finding the right type of girl. Unfortunately, I never took advantage of my good attributes to get girls when I was in school so now I feel very much left out...and sad.

Where can I meet girls? I live in the suburbs and drive to and from work everyday -- hardly do I meet anybody new.
Actually, upon further reflection, I could suggest you one more place to go to, go to a local university near your place, find the dance department, and find out when they would be offering something like say, a salsa class(most popular). I am being honest here, one of my good friends took a salsa class with the exclusive intention of finding a good woman, and he did find a Russian girl, extremely pretty(modelesque looks), he hasn't looked back ever since, today, he says that it's the best decision he has taken in his life, so there you again, join a salsa class, you could get lucky, I have observed that the male to female ration is heavily in favor of the females esp. in these dance classes, so your odds of finding one that you might like go up.

Also, only take it in a university as you might see plenty of young women within your age range, taking classes in outside clubs might make you come across a lot of older women which I am assuming you are not after.

P.S. My friend is now married to that beautiful woman.

Old 03-14-2011, 08:12 PM

Quote:
I like that advice but aren't most of the people who attend those sorts of events 35+?

I want to meet someone 20-25.
I agree with this, I had been part of a lot of social meetup's, and observed that most people that turn out there happen to be the 40+ crowd, goes for both men and women, I had once gone to a singles event where 80% of the crowd had been 40+, and they had a great time, as for myself, I found a 25 old woman who ignored me, although I spoke to most of the people there and had a good social time, it's not like I had some success going there.

I heard that some of the 40+ crowd though had success through that meetup. So it works for middle aged folks for the most part.

Old 03-14-2011, 08:15 PM

Quote:
I don't even care for hot woman. Just any average-looking girl with a decent head on her shoulders would suffice.

Store approaches are weird because 1) I'm in and out so quick as I dislike the whole shopping experience and 2) if I stick around scoping out girls, I feel phony even being in the store for first place.
Don't try anything in the stores or mall, for the most part, women over there come for the shopping experience, not to look for a man, so if you start approaching, they would get turned off and some might even find it very creepy, I could never do such a thing either, and would perhaps never, those approaches are only for the so called "players", or people who use and throw away women, the one's that are rated very highly by women.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships