Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-17-2011, 09:15 PM

30 posts, read 29,759 times

Advertisements

Can anyone tell me how to be impervious to foolish and unrational emotions of the heart?

basically, to act strong until im actually able to be strong...

take this however u want, im not really 110% on how to put this in words exactly, i just dnt want to appear as "weak" to my boyfriend anymore. In my mind, its the hugest turn off nd i think he's getting sick of it, nd i DNT blame him...

its annoying nd a hassle to the both of us.

PLEASE help. nd plz no stupid comments....or go for it
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-17-2011, 09:26 PM

754 posts, read 1,449,526 times
What is going on when you're getting upset? I'm sure you're not that way all the time so think about what it is that's upsetting you, is it a specific relationship issue? It could be the issue at hand or it could a form of insecurity. I would think about what it is that's upsetting me and go from there.

Old 03-17-2011, 09:29 PM

its totally insecurity bt it came completely out of nowhere!
nd i cnt control it.
nd its been bothering him alot lately(like i said, i DNT blame him)
nd then i get upset bc he seems upset about it.
its insane like a rollercoaster nd i just need to block that off bt idk how

Old 03-17-2011, 09:57 PM

3,485 posts, read 7,313,115 times
You are trying too hard to be "good for him" and when you don't get a large amount of positive reactions from him you probably feel that he doesn't like you as much as he used to. And then that probably feeds into your paranoia and insecurity. Then you try harder, and the cycle gets worse.

What you should really do is stop trying so hard to be "good for him" and try more to be an independent person so you can be a good team. Just concentrate on your own things and your own activities for awhile. Everytime you start thinking about foolish stuff you have to stop yourself. You can't say that you can't control this, because nobody else will control it for you!

Go hang out with some of your female friends! Absence makes the heart grow fonder.

Old 03-17-2011, 10:00 PM

34,938 posts, read 36,275,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miyu View Post
You are trying too hard to be "good for him" and when you don't get a large amount of positive reactions from him you probably feel that he doesn't like you as much as he used to. And then that probably feeds into your paranoia and insecurity. Then you try harder, and the cycle gets worse.

What you should really do is stop trying so hard to be "good for him" and try more to be an independent person so you can be a good team. Just concentrate on your own things and your own activities for awhile. Everytime you start thinking about foolish stuff you have to stop yourself. You can't say that you can't control this, because nobody else will control it for you!

Go hang out with some of your female friends! Absence makes the heart grow fonder.
^^Agreed!

Old 03-17-2011, 10:02 PM

754 posts, read 1,449,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miyu View Post

Great advice!!

Old 03-17-2011, 10:05 PM

@ Miyu

everything u sed was exactly on point.
I love how u sed "absence makes the heart grow fonder"

Old 03-17-2011, 10:11 PM

however this whole insecurity nd being dependent on him thing is bc of an issue that happend with my mom. she kicked me out bc her bf started a fight with me nd threatened to get his sister to "kick my ass" nd my mom defended him nd kicked me out...

i kno thats bad bt thats exactly what im trying ti fix...

Old 03-17-2011, 10:18 PM

34,938 posts, read 36,275,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RiiNaV09 View Post
however this whole insecurity nd being dependent on him thing is bc of an issue that happend with my mom. she kicked me out bc her bf started a fight with me nd threatened to get his sister to "kick my ass" nd my mom defended him nd kicked me out...

i kno thats bad bt thats exactly what im trying ti fix...
So, who do you live with now?

Old 03-17-2011, 10:43 PM

i bounce back nd forth between my grandma nd my sisters house
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships