Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-20-2011, 10:51 PM

570 posts, read 883,264 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by artsyguy View Post
I worked with a morbidly obese elderly woman who I could tell liked me by her stare .... I did not think anything of it... I did not even bother getting annoyed. Also, I considered her a friend.

Probably b.c elderly women are not the group that comes to mind when you think of sick demented sexual predators/harassers.

But also, did that lady keep making sexual advances towards you, let alone one? after you told her to stop?

You obviously did not read very many of the posts, and are using your political beliefs to make a biased response about a situation that you purposely misread.

If I was homophobic, I wouldn't respond to a gay man's post, now would I?

Old 03-20-2011, 11:03 PM

oh, and mods- you can close this thread if you like. It was very useful, and I got my answers already.

Thanks to all that responded!!

Old 03-21-2011, 12:41 AM

15,395 posts, read 22,547,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1bright_future View Post
I am a straight male. And I believe in God. I believe homosexuality is a sin. However, as where it ranks on the seriousness of a sin - I don't know. This is not what the thread is about, but it is necessary that you know where I stand for the following.

I have had a couple of gay men in my life that were attracted to me. Plus I'm sure there were other gay men that I've came across that respected that I was straight even though they were attracted to me. I do not mind being friends with a gay guy. As long as the gay guy has a good personalty and same hobbies, etc, and doesn't try to flirt/sexually stare/anything creepy/etc at me. If it turns out the gay guy has a thing for me, yes I'd stop being friends with him and cut off contact. Just the same as how many men and women can't stay friends most times in those situations.

There are obviously non-creepy gay men, and creepy gay men.

My example of a non-creepy gay man - one who I could become friends with, is one who is open about his sexuality if asked, respects men and women, and enjoys life.

My example of a creepy gay man - would be one that hides the fact that he is gay, secretly tries to become friends with straight males in attempts to satisfy his perverted attempts at his sexual gratification, flirts/sexual talk towards straight males that he knows are uninterested, staring creepily all the time at straight males or a particular male that has already told him to leave him alone.

It honestly makes me feel disgusted/sickened/unclean/morally hurt/angered when a creepy gay man repeatedly makes sexual overtones/advances towards me after telling the creep I'm straight multiple times.

I have had women try to pursue me before, and one that has tried for almost 2 years now, however, I have never felt creeped out by a woman I am definitely not interested in , pursuing me, making physical contact, or undressing me with her eyes or making sexual flirts with me, etc.

My main question is , is what I felt above, the same feeling a women would have if a guy she was definitely not interested in kept pursuing her?

B.c if it is , I really never want to look the wrong way at a woman I like again and take things at her pace.
I find your post creepy as heck.........and it ....IMO...sounds contrived and homophobic......

Last edited by JustJulia; 03-21-2011 at 11:45 AM.. Reason: Removed off-topic links.

Old 03-21-2011, 12:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PITTSTON2SARASOTA View Post
I find your post creepy as heck.........and it ....IMO...sounds contrived and homophobic......

I'm sorry it sounded creepy to you, I wish I never met the person that made me post this online to seek help and advice to resolve the situation.

Mods, please close this thread. I already received the answers I needed to understand what was going on. I appreciate all the helpful responses.

I'm afraid if this post remains open, it will just turn into political anti straight Christian male bashing, instead of actual constructive dialog.

It really did show a lot about some people's reading and comprehension abilities though.

Old 03-21-2011, 04:15 AM

1,052 posts, read 1,649,588 times
Quote:
I'm afraid if this post remains open, it will just turn into political anti straight Christian male bashing, instead of actual constructive dialog.
Let's not play the victim or put words into people's mouths.

We ain't bashing you because you are straight, Christian, or a male.

We are criticizing you because you post something spiteful, vague, and non-comprehendable. Again, you vaguely stated that you are creeped out by gays flirting with you. But you are not by women, even the one that shamelessly did it to you for 2 years. What does this tell us as readers? We are left to fill in the gaps that you created.

You are avoiding the issues presented to you entirely and rather than try to explain your position or articulate what your entire post's point is, you go defensive and act like we are bullying you.

Trust me, if CD people wanted to bully you, it'd be much nastier.

But I agree that this thread should be closed. Not because it's incurring the wrath of CDers, but because it was pointless to be opened to begin with.

Old 03-21-2011, 11:04 AM

3,485 posts, read 7,317,631 times
Quote:
My example of a creepy gay man - would be one that hides the fact that he is gay, secretly tries to become friends with straight males in attempts to satisfy his perverted attempts at his sexual gratification, flirts/sexual talk towards straight males that he knows are uninterested, staring creepily all the time at straight males or a particular male that has already told him to leave him alone.

It honestly makes me feel disgusted/sickened/unclean/morally hurt/angered when a creepy gay man repeatedly makes sexual overtones/advances towards me after telling the creep I'm straight multiple times.

My main question is , is what I felt above, the same feeling a women would have if a guy she was definitely not interested in kept pursuing her?
Yes, that is exactly how I feel when a guy that I am NOT interested in keeps trying to pursue me. Sometimes even a guy that I might be interested in at first who comes on too strong grosses me out too, and attraction turns to revulsion. I think you don't feel as threatened by the women because women just tend not to be that creepy and threatening. They have little chance of raping or molesting you. They might obsess and stalk but you probably would never know it.

FWIW I think this particular feeling has nothing to do with homophobia, but more with sexual threat. Lots of straight liberal men probably feel the same way.

Old 03-21-2011, 11:11 AM

6,548 posts, read 7,286,453 times
Aaaanyways, I think people can be creepy, yes, but somehow I think this word is overused by women too. Sometimes women will call a guy creepy who just happens to be interested in them and trying to go out with them in a nice manner. “Oh my gawd, he’s creepy. He’s trying to ask me out”.

Last edited by JustJulia; 03-21-2011 at 11:46 AM.. Reason: Removed reference to deleted comments.

Old 03-21-2011, 11:24 AM

45,217 posts, read 100,800,760 times
Quote:
I'm sorry it sounded creepy to you, I wish I never met the person that made me post this online to seek help and advice to resolve the situation.

Mods, please close this thread. I already received the answers I needed to understand what was going on. I appreciate all the helpful responses.

It really did show a lot about some people's reading and comprehension abilities though.

Sexual harrassment is not acceptable regardless of the sex of either person involved.

If you feel you are being harrassed or stalked take my previous advice and bring a few friends with you to state in very clear terms to the offender that this will not be tolerated going forward.

But your original post indicates to some of us that you may indeed be homophobic.

You actually said, "It honestly makes me feel disgusted/sickened/unclean/morally hurt/angered when a creepy GAY MAN repeatedly makes sexual overtones/advances towards me after telling the creep I'm straight multiple times.

I have had women try to pursue me before, and one that has tried for almost 2 years now, however, I have never felt creeped out by a WOMAN I am definitely not interested in , pursuing me, making physical contact, or undressing me with her eyes or making sexual flirts with me, etc

Our words often tell on us, and yours seem to be saying you may be overly prejudiced, fearful and full of contempt - homophobic.

You do realize there are plenty of straight people who manage to disagree with homosexuality without being "disgusted, sickened, feeling unclean and morally hurt" by it, don't you?

Old 03-21-2011, 11:33 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,739,368 times
Closed at OP request.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.