Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Can you intuitively tell if someone is attacted to you?
Never or rarely 5 19.23%
Always or most of the time 12 46.15%
Sometimes or about half the time 9 34.62%
Voters: 26. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-21-2011, 02:28 PM

3,770 posts, read 6,739,508 times

Advertisements

I was wondering how good people are at telling if someone else finds you attractive or has a crush on you. Besides the obvious signs, like telling the person they are attractive or suggestive comments, can you tell from subtle cues? Try to think of people from the past that you have known for a while before you were sure they were interested in being more than friends. What were the signs?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-21-2011, 02:31 PM

18,270 posts, read 14,423,256 times
They hijack your time and/or space.

Old 03-21-2011, 02:41 PM

1,904 posts, read 2,986,415 times
It's in the way she looks at me. There're are a whole list of other subtleties to take into consideration depending on the person and scenario, but the look in the eye never fails me.

Old 03-21-2011, 02:49 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,156,959 times
Well, I'm married now so it's not like I try to be as discerning as I used to be! But I think I was usually very good at being able to tell who was attracted to me. Sometimes someone would take me by surprise and sometimes I was completely oblivious - but usually when I thought someone was attracted to me, I was right. I guess I can just tell by the way they look at me and the "vibes," for lack of a better word, they are sending me.

Old 03-21-2011, 03:02 PM

4,868 posts, read 8,408,034 times
hahaha, I'm the worst at this! There's usually a 3rd party that tells me some guy likes me and only then do I notice them getting nervous around me..lol.

the only time I really can tell is if I get pursued aggressively and the guy really tries to monopolize my time. Does it really get more obvious than that?

Old 03-21-2011, 03:32 PM

I agree with the eye thing. They look at you for the first time and their eyes get a little bigger and stuck on you. It's probably an involitary thing like they see something they like and want to look a little longer.

Some said that trying to take more of your time is a clue. It's funny because attarction can send the opposite signals. Often if I instantly like a girl that I haven't met or don't know well, I am speachless and feel like a dork. It's counterproductive. If I wasn't into them, I may chat and be normal. Maybe awkwardness is a cue?

There is this work neighbor (we aren't co workers, just work in the same building) that I became attracted to right away. She introduced herself to me as I was moving in. I have only seen her a handful of times in a couple months. It got me wondering if she can tell if I like her, just from subtle cues.

Old 03-21-2011, 03:53 PM

3,409 posts, read 4,644,139 times
I'm getting better at it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D5sfJ...eature=related

Old 03-21-2011, 06:17 PM

5,419 posts, read 9,193,173 times
I manage to miss every sign, the subtle verbal ones, body language, etc., but it goes along with the whole "socially awkward 16-year-old at heart" thing I seem to be unable to shake. lol.

Old 03-22-2011, 06:18 AM

10,364 posts, read 20,788,709 times
Yeah I usually pick up on it. There have been a few times where I was wondering if someone liked me and I was having a hard time puzzling it out, but in those cases it was usually b/c they liked me, but weren't attracted. Also, if they're very shy and awkward, I can still tell, b/c they'll be talking to everyone but me, but it isn't dislike, b/c I can also tell when people dislike me.

Old 03-22-2011, 04:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stepka View Post
Yeah I usually pick up on it. There have been a few times where I was wondering if someone liked me and I was having a hard time puzzling it out, but in those cases it was usually b/c they liked me, but weren't attracted. Also, if they're very shy and awkward, I can still tell, b/c they'll be talking to everyone but me, but it isn't dislike, b/c I can also tell when people dislike me.

Sounds like you can tell because they act differently to you than to others around you. For outgoing people, they are even more talkative and friendly and for shy people they are more shy. Makes sense.

Another thing I have noticed over the years, is that if I don't react positively to someone who likes me, then they suddenly act mean or rude. They make childish rude comments and low blows. This has mostly been the case for outgoing types, not shy types. They are pushy and are easily offended by rejection or indifference. That's also within the lines of "different" behavior.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships