U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-26-2011, 06:36 PM

6,155 posts, read 7,396,054 times

Advertisements

I'm friends with this guy, just friends, our relationship started out as physical but its evolved into a friendship but its stayed physical.
I like where we are right now because there in my opinion is still a good chance it'll be more once we are both further ahead in life.

Anyways she thinks I'm going to get hurt and she keeps making these assumptions and its driving me nuts but this next part is just down right pissing me off to no end.

The other morning she came banging on his bedroom door, its an apartment, she told us to wake up and drive her son to school and he left but I stayed in bed because I was still very out of it from the night before.

She came in the room and was like look at you in his bed again, you're just going to get yourself hurt and end up like me and told me I was pathetic and stuff.

This morning before she left for work she came in his room again and this time we were both still in bed asleep and I woke up and saw her with her face right in his yelling at him because she was pissed I was over.

She's older than us both, I don't want to deal with this stuff, I don't feel like dealing with someone causing drama, how do I in the most adult way tell her to let us be?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-26-2011, 06:53 PM

3,114 posts, read 7,922,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by txtqueen View Post
how do I in the most adult way tell her to let us be?
It sounds like you've already told her that? So now it's time to start locking the bedroom door! And looking for a new place to live...

Old 03-26-2011, 06:55 PM

3,573 posts, read 6,134,656 times
You both need to move out together and have your own place. Also lock your bedroom door.

Old 03-26-2011, 07:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bouncethelight View Post
It sounds like you've already told her that? So now it's time to start locking the bedroom door! And looking for a new place to live...
Let me clarify, I don't live with him, I am 21 and still live at home with my family,
I stay the night there a couple times a week.

And we aren't even being close to moving in together...

I think a more abrupt way of telling her she's in the wrong is in order.

Old 03-26-2011, 07:07 PM

20,190 posts, read 22,304,830 times
I don't understand why she is telling him to drive HER kid to school... that just sounds weird...

Old 03-26-2011, 07:42 PM

3,114 posts, read 7,922,305 times
Quote:
Let me clarify, I don't live with him, I am 21 and still live at home with my family,

Okay, fine, you're not officially the one who can make the decision to move, since you don't "live" there, so it's your boyfriend's call, but the bottom line is that you/he/both of you need to lock the bedroom door for now, and start looking for a better place for him to live, for the long term.

As for a more abrupt way of telling her - I think that's a waste of time. If you've told her to butt out already, and if she's still coming into your room in the middle of the night, and yelling at you, then finding a "new" way to tell her to butt out isn't going to work.

You can't solve all problems with a carefully crafted, well-worded, snappy retort. Sometimes the simplest, most elegant solution is to give up and move on.

Old 03-26-2011, 07:44 PM

26,124 posts, read 29,287,312 times
Who is 'She?" Sorry, but it's a bit cryptic and I don't know the cast of characters.

Old 03-26-2011, 07:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilnewbie View Post
I don't understand why she is telling him to drive HER kid to school... that just sounds weird...
She was doing it to be an ass cause she knew I'd be all left alone and she could come harass me.

Old 03-26-2011, 07:50 PM

Quote:

Are you paying her anything to stay there since you are staying there about 8 times a month? Food? Some money? Anything?

I guess since you're spending the night there so frequently, she's thinking that you owe her to take her kid to school when she's running late.

Old 03-26-2011, 07:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thursday007 View Post
Who is 'She?" Sorry, but it's a bit cryptic and I don't know the cast of characters.
I think, what I can gather, is that OP's friend with benefits rents a room from a single mother. So it's her, her friend, the women and her small son. Am I correct, OP?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships