Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-28-2011, 01:45 PM

15,852 posts, read 35,139,020 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mir86 View Post
How pathetically easy it is for a girl to find sex if she wants it, but not a relationship, while men have the opposite problem.

I've gotten propositioned like 3 times in the last week..I turned down each one. Seriously, what is in the air? I mean on one hand its flattering to know I got it (especially since I've been feeling fat lately, don't ask..I'm a girl), but on the other hand...its sort of not flattering, since its not the only thing I'm looking for and I think its a bad idea, hence me turning them down. Oh and I don't dress provocatively either.

Anywho, I'm just thinking out loud and thinking about life's funnies. Anyone else find this interesting?
I am not terribly surprised. Have you looked at a magazine lately? Checked out a Victoria's Secret Catalog? The message is that young women are here for ONE reason. And that they WANT IT, why else would they look like that? It's really, terribly insulting that women are promoted as sex objects everywhere you turn. I mean yes, it's natural and all that, but after awhile it gets OLD, as you are finding out.

This is why I am happy to be middle aged and over weight. When I was young and sexy, nobody took me seriously. Now, when someone listens to me I know they are REALLY listening to me and not staring at my boobs! It's a great feeling.

20yrsinBranson

Old 03-28-2011, 02:09 PM

12,940 posts, read 21,624,973 times
*shrug* I have the same problem as the women then.

...I can deal with it.

Old 03-28-2011, 02:17 PM

19,642 posts, read 12,231,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGem View Post
Men have the opposite problem? Of being able to find a relationship and not sex easily?
Sure, a nice guy can easily get close female friends.

Old 03-28-2011, 02:18 PM

4,868 posts, read 8,411,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 20yrsinBranson View Post
I am not terribly surprised. Have you looked at a magazine lately? Checked out a Victoria's Secret Catalog? The message is that young women are here for ONE reason. And that they WANT IT, why else would they look like that? It's really, terribly insulting that women are promoted as sex objects everywhere you turn. I mean yes, it's natural and all that, but after awhile it gets OLD, as you are finding out.

This is why I am happy to be middle aged and over weight. When I was young and sexy, nobody took me seriously. Now, when someone listens to me I know they are REALLY listening to me and not staring at my boobs! It's a great feeling.

20yrsinBranson
ya, I guess I'm not surprised either. I read cosmo every month (hey its my guilty pleasure!) and get the VS catalogs so I totally see the sex selling bit. And yep, men don't take me seriously, no matter how old they are and I don't even try to be sexy...meh.

Old 03-28-2011, 02:25 PM

3,184 posts, read 4,847,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamajane View Post
Sure, a nice guy can easily get close female friends.
Been plagued by that one all my life. The problem lies in wanting both.

Old 03-28-2011, 02:26 PM

4,868 posts, read 8,411,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SifuPhil View Post
*shrug* I have the same problem as the women then.

...I can deal with it.
hahaha..well its flattering, but I don't get taken seriously, ever. and I'm starting to get sick of it.

Old 03-28-2011, 02:29 PM

420 posts, read 877,919 times
Quote:
How pathetically easy it is for a girl to find sex if she wants it, but not a relationship, while men have the opposite problem.

I've gotten propositioned like 3 times in the last week..I turned down each one. I mean on one hand its flattering to know I got it (especially since I've been feeling fat lately. Oh and I don't dress provocatively either.
It might be spring fever...Lol. Or maybe its just that for men, you neednt dress provacatively for us to be attracted. While you may think of 'fat' as something discouraging, that isnt necessarily how a man might see it. I might see a smartly dressed woman in office attire, thin, average or thick and be turned on by her style and poise. And it may not even be sexual. But then, thats my own way.

Old 03-28-2011, 02:29 PM

1,571 posts, read 2,001,177 times
Well, I know I'm not one of the ones that propositioned you. I won't do that. And, I do have my reasons.

I've been through two marriages that turned out to be virtually celibate, and not at all by my choice. Today, if I don't find a woman, that's fine. If a woman wants to spend time with me, she's going to have to find a way to show me that the relationship will be anything but celibate. I will not accept that ever again. Just how she's going to do that, I don't know because I do know that a woman can demonstrate a drive for eight years, as long as it suits her, and drop it completely when it's no longer needed.

So, it wasn't me. In my case, you'll do the propositioning or I won't even give you a second look.

Old 03-28-2011, 02:36 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,170,643 times
Quote:

I've gotten propositioned like 3 times in the last week..I turned down each one. Seriously, what is in the air? I mean on one hand its flattering to know I got it (especially since I've been feeling fat lately, don't ask..I'm a girl), but on the other hand...its sort of not flattering, since its not the only thing I'm looking for and I think its a bad idea, hence me turning them down. Oh and I don't dress provocatively either.

Anywho, I'm just thinking out loud and thinking about life's funnies. Anyone else find this interesting?
Well, when a young pretty girl is in display in a jewelry store, I don't find the propositions awfully surprising...

Btw, there's a girl there (in the Cache store) who looks like a doll! That's one of the most perfect real creatures I've ever seen! I've told her she should be modeling instead of wasting her time selling clothes, but she doesn't listen to me!

Old 03-28-2011, 02:37 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,170,643 times
Quote:
but I don't get taken seriously, ever
That seems to be happening across the board these days...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.