Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-29-2011, 04:12 AM

15 posts, read 26,523 times

Advertisements

I have been dating a man for a few weeks and we get on very well. He already talks about having a future with me and is very attentive to my needs. We have a good sexual relationship and we are both happy.

The other day he told me he thinks he loves me. I asked 'what do you mean' and he said he is 99% sure he loves me...I have never heard anyone talk about love like this in % so I said 'don't tell me until you are sure' (otherwise to me its pointless, who talks like this?)

The next day he says he really does love me and tells me and rings me to tell me all through the day. Then he rang me in the evening and said 'he loves me, he really thinks he does...I'm 99% sure' and that he can't commit. Then he tells me he doesn't mean that, he means he doesn't want to get hurt.

What is this man trying to tell me? We haven't known each other long and he says he'd like to see me every day and talks about us being together forever. I'm very wary of people who talk like this so early in a relationship and sometimes I think he isn't genuine or is talking a load of rubbish, but on the other hand he went to so much trouble to make me a meal the other night.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-29-2011, 04:54 AM

220 posts, read 595,542 times
Maybe he's not sure if he loves YOU or your sex. There's a very thin line between love and lust. I'm not judging, but with you two having sex so early on, there's just no way to really tell the difference at this point.

Old 03-29-2011, 04:57 AM

11,558 posts, read 12,054,189 times
I agree with you, it's way too soon to be talking 'love'; two weeks of dating is not nearly sufficient time to get to really know someone.

I would be very leery of anyone coming on that strong....and so soon.

And his wanting to be with you every day is possessive - for someone you've known for such a short time.

He 'loves you 99%' but doesn't want to commit and is afraid of getting hurt...this guy has no idea of what he wants. And he is already talking of wanting to be with you forever?? Weird.

Be very, very careful....only you can decide what you want to do; we can't do that for you. If it were me? I'd run for the hills!

Old 03-29-2011, 05:15 AM

Oh I have been tempted to run for the hills believe me

He is a very thoughtful and sweet guy a lot of the time, but I am unsure when I am with him. You know when you get that niggly feeling that something isn't right

I did mention not being sure if we were a good match as he smothered me a bit at first and had me on a pedestal but he talks me round and makes such a thing of us not splitting up and says that he wants to be with me forever.

As for the sex he thinks I am hot and really enjoys it. I do wonder what will happen when the sex calms down, but he other night he just held me and we talked and didn't do anything so it put my mind at rest a bit.

I don't know how to respond to him. He sent me an e-mail about how much he loves me 100% now and how he was wary of being hurt, but I find this weird and don't know what I should say.

Old 03-29-2011, 05:17 AM

22,278 posts, read 21,728,906 times
Wow, two weeks and he is in high gear! My mother always said, the hotter the fire the more quickly it burns out, and that has been my experience 100% of the time. Prepare for him to walk soon.

Old 03-29-2011, 05:28 AM

1,176 posts, read 2,196,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Two sheds View Post
I have been dating a man for a few weeks and we get on very well. He already talks about having a future with me and is very attentive to my needs. We have a good sexual relationship and we are both happy.

The other day he told me he thinks he loves me. I asked 'what do you mean' and he said he is 99% sure he loves me...I have never heard anyone talk about love like this in % so I said 'don't tell me until you are sure' (otherwise to me its pointless, who talks like this?)

The next day he says he really does love me and tells me and rings me to tell me all through the day. Then he rang me in the evening and said 'he loves me, he really thinks he does...I'm 99% sure' and that he can't commit. Then he tells me he doesn't mean that, he means he doesn't want to get hurt.

What is this man trying to tell me? We haven't known each other long and he says he'd like to see me every day and talks about us being together forever. I'm very wary of people who talk like this so early in a relationship and sometimes I think he isn't genuine or is talking a load of rubbish, but on the other hand he went to so much trouble to make me a meal the other night.....
i'm gonna take a wild guess that you met online. if that's the case then you hardly know each other at all. slooowww doooowwwn. if you did in fact just meet him then there are tons of things you need to learn about one another before you get too crazy.

Old 03-29-2011, 06:16 AM

No we didn't meet online, we met in real life through friends.

I once dated someone I met online...never again ha ha

Old 03-29-2011, 06:30 AM

37,612 posts, read 45,996,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katie45 View Post
I agree with you, it's way too soon to be talking 'love'; two weeks of dating is not nearly sufficient time to get to really know someone.

I would be very leery of anyone coming on that strong....and so soon.

And his wanting to be with you every day is possessive - for someone you've known for such a short time.

He 'loves you 99%' but doesn't want to commit and is afraid of getting hurt...this guy has no idea of what he wants. And he is already talking of wanting to be with you forever?? Weird.

Be very, very careful....only you can decide what you want to do; we can't do that for you. If it were me? I'd run for the hills!
The OP said "a few weeks". That can be a world of difference from "two weeks". Regardless, it sounds to me like the guy just wants to make sure he keeps getting laid.

Old 03-29-2011, 06:41 AM

1,298 posts, read 2,238,837 times
99% equals 100% NOT. This guys sounds very possessive. Be careful. I think he "loves" the sex and talking to you. He is in lust.

Old 03-29-2011, 06:42 AM

22,768 posts, read 30,733,597 times
sounds awkward
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships