Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-03-2011, 11:54 PM

33 posts, read 88,499 times

Advertisements

i missed my period for over 1 week and it has never happened before. so my bf asked if i was pregnant, i didn't think i was cause we always use protections.

but then i came up the question" what if i'm pregnant". my bf answered" then you are pregnant". it's not a real answer so i asked again" WHAT IF IM PREGNANT", then he said" i don't know, i dont want to talk about hypothetical questions"

it's just so hurtful....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-04-2011, 12:02 AM

1,786 posts, read 3,461,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by huafeihua View Post
i missed my period for over 1 week and it has never happened before. so my bf asked if i was pregnant, i didn't think i was cause we always use protections.

but then i came up the question" what if i'm pregnant". my bf answered" then you are pregnant". it's not a real answer so i asked again" WHAT IF IM PREGNANT", then he said" i don't know, i dont want to talk about hypothetical questions"

it's just so hurtful....
What was the response you were looking for? And answer truthfully.

Old 04-04-2011, 12:05 AM

806 posts, read 2,341,411 times
By the sound of your reaction, I'd say- Yep, you're pregnant..

Come on, really, you actually want a deep and sincere reply at that moment??

I was so shocked, it took me a few minutes to digest being pregnant. If you don't have the test result right in front of you, it is a "hypothetical" question.

At least he said, "then you are pregnant", that sounded positive to me.

I wish all the best for you both either way.

Old 04-04-2011, 12:05 AM

33 posts, read 88,499 times
" we will have the baby together"

Old 04-04-2011, 12:18 AM

1,786 posts, read 3,461,434 times
Quote:
" we will have the baby together"
And that, my love, was what I was scared you were looking for. You're younger than this guy, aren't you? And this is your first really serious relationship? If you feel you can answer, how old are you? And give a range if it makes you more comfortable.

Old 04-04-2011, 01:29 AM

378 posts, read 576,793 times
Don't dwell on the less than perfect answer.
If he wants to be a dad, he will show you through actions, not by lip service.
Most importantly, don't think up of some sort of test to see how he reacts.

Old 04-04-2011, 02:12 AM

4,868 posts, read 8,409,867 times
take a pregnancy test...I doubt you're pregnant just cause you were late..and stress will make it even more late.

Old 04-04-2011, 03:51 AM

18,270 posts, read 14,429,514 times
One week happens to everyone once in a while. Don't overreact. Take a test. His response just sounds to me like he started sweating bullets, but it doesn't mean anything. There are many couples who were not ready for a baby but lived to become great parents.

Old 04-04-2011, 03:52 AM

1,176 posts, read 2,196,265 times
Quote:

it's just so hurtful....
he could have said. "don't worry i'll pay for the abortion" that woulda been worse right?

Old 04-04-2011, 04:48 AM

26,142 posts, read 31,184,275 times
He's right, why get worked up over a hypothetical situation and a response to such. Come back to him with some concrete evidence then talk. People go absolutely insane getting worked up over what ifs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships