Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-08-2011, 03:21 PM

1,413 posts, read 3,046,846 times

Advertisements

Most of the stuff on that list is good positive qualities and is gender neutral. I'm not sure what it has to do with Julia Roberts though.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-08-2011, 03:30 PM

3,573 posts, read 6,473,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TakeAhike View Post
mmm--my response went over your head

There are times when change is needed. 'Visualization'--focus on your strengths--find a picture and set your mind on this--deep in the subconcious the programming begins. Don't believe in that---you should try it--works very well.

From the picture and what I see in it--I will be reinforcing the better character traits.

This can be done in thousands of ways. I know entirely too much about fashion, health and beauty--all the essential things women know or 'people' know. This is making my life complicated--grinding gears.

From time to time it is good to reinvent oneself. My mid 90's car Honda Accord is great--dependable --has enough power --is attractive enough but soon I think I will need a later model.

I have all the endearing qualities of a Timex---but the Fossil watches and others are a bit more updated. That is what I am doing--updating myself. Comprendez--vous?
I understand completely but you're still not. You're acting like a robot. Sure it great to visualize how you can change yourself but not change yourself to someone else. But to each it's own.

Old 04-08-2011, 03:34 PM

3,573 posts, read 6,473,176 times
Of course my advice is not the be all and end of all things to someone that wrote that when they repped me. (Thanks for the rep!)

This is my advice, take it or leave it. My opinion is worth 2 cents to you.

You are bent OP on being someone that you're not and bending yourself to become a Julia Roberts or another celebrity. If that is what you want to do, it's your life.

Old 04-10-2011, 08:02 AM

13,511 posts, read 19,274,049 times
The first 2 on your list....love yourself...be natural...concentrate on those first....never mind celebrities.

Old 04-10-2011, 08:23 AM

2,296 posts, read 6,283,220 times
Yeah really. What a sexist load of hogwash. Marriage & relationships are generally * predestined*. I heard Julia is a Hindu so she'd probably agree with me......
Quote:
Originally Posted by D217 View Post
I heard Julia Roberts is a huge b*tch.

Old 04-10-2011, 08:27 AM

37,593 posts, read 45,966,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by donie1 View Post
Why don't you just be yourself? Take this list and incorporate it into your own personality. Stop looking at others as a role model. Be your own role model. Life really is simple if you don't make it complicated.
Ummm...THIS^^^.

What on earth makes you think that "faking" a personality is in any way, a good idea? Oy vey.

Old 04-10-2011, 08:46 AM

17,634 posts, read 22,630,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgianbelle View Post
If you change to get a man, what will happen when the real you shows up? Won't he feel that he has been tricked or duped? I know I would want a man to be himself...not someone he thought I wanted. If you change to make yourself a better person, that is better than changing for a person or to catch a person. Of course men like women that make them feel good about themselves, but don't we all like people that are interested in us? To me that seems to be the secret...be interested in men...and let them know that you like them.

You said this extremely well, darlin'.

Have a Beautiful Day...

Old 04-10-2011, 09:05 AM

11,495 posts, read 26,863,876 times
Quote:
I have decided to 'find a man very soon'---tired of doing things for myself that could be done so easily by a certain type of man. To think of it--in just a few minutes I must cut my own grass---how easy it would be if a man had arranged for the grass to be cut---it is sincerely my fantasy. If the computer has a problem--it is nothing for those with technical skills to diagnose and correct the problem--that is truly what I want/need.
I can do these things for myself and do --but don't really enjoy such distractions.
I have many other interests. I have a dog---and will be getting a new job.
Men are interesting----fascinating---why not make the effort?
Hire a lawn service to cut your grass twice a month. Call the Geek Squad or a similiar service when your computer gets a problem. It's cheaper, less frustrating, and you don't have to channel the movie personality of an actress in order to engage their services.

Get married because you fall in love, or start looking for a husband because you're tired of being alone...those are real reasons. Looking for a man because you're tired of cutting your own grass (unless that was a euphemism for something ) is dumb. Men are a lot more work than whatever little work you can get out of them. Do you really want to cook and clean and wash his laundry every day so he can cut your yard twice a month (in summer) and fix your computer once every six months?

Old 04-10-2011, 09:36 AM

1,176 posts, read 2,195,985 times
Quote:
How to Get a Man to Marry You - wikiHow

-Love Yourself
-Be Natural
-Communicate
-Be Emotionally Grounded
-Overflow With Joy
-Be Sexy
-Know Your Role
-Show Confidence
-Show Endearment with Class
-Be Fun
-Appreciate a man's strengths
-Don't Assume
-Practice Humility
-Convey Unconditional Love

and there are more.

The problem seems to be that in order to earn a living --a woman needs a somewhat different style--switching modes is challenging. I feel that I meet the requirements pretty well---there are moments of pure insanity--made easier by having a man around.

mmmm--My friend's sister has a good one---has his own moments of insanity--but he is generally 'The Rock'. She would also completely fulfill every requirement listed--at all times.

I will certainly continue to 'Try'--some sort of Southern woman--Reba MacIntyre, Julia Roberts, Reese Witherspoon, Dixie Chick, Scarlett O'Hara, Melanie Wilkes and more.

I'd have to say 'Julia' has the more pleasing style--even w/o being gorgeous.

Low, soft voice--lol's a lot--speaks her mind, does what she wants---has her proverbial 'S' together. Who can say if she has ever 'gone out of her mind'---protective of her privacy and has others who are also protective. Maybe she goes out of her mind quietly---preferable to going out of your mind more audibly. Maybe she doesn't go out of her mind--goes and rides a horse or finds some way to settle down.

I should research Julia and become more like her--that much is clear to me. lol
sounds like you just need a nice big wang

Old 04-10-2011, 11:09 AM

17,869 posts, read 20,991,145 times
Wow, all of those "qualities" changing modes, etc.

Why can't I, or women just be themselves? I do not expect my SO to be perfect, or have even half of those qualities. I expect her to have qualities that I find that I want in a woman.

It's way more important to me to see her has herself. I don't want a stepford wife. Robots don't do it for me, especially in bed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships