Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-05-2011, 08:05 AM

2,788 posts, read 5,097,202 times

Advertisements

If you have any ideas what else I should put in the basket let me know.

My son and his gf, and their baby finally gotten their own place, So I decided to make them an erotic sex basket, with lotions, silk scarves, edible panties, sex coupons for couples, champagne, wine glasses, candles, chocolate, and condoms..lol..

Old 04-05-2011, 08:12 AM

1,853 posts, read 9,695,709 times
No guy ever wants to get that kind of a gift from his Mother.

Old 04-05-2011, 08:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by South Range Family View Post
No guy ever wants to get that kind of a gift from his Mother.

Sex isn't shameful..And yes lots of guys wouldn't mind??

Old 04-05-2011, 08:41 AM

36,633 posts, read 30,953,043 times
Did anyone film the birth. Maybe a video of that will remind them to use protection.

Old 04-05-2011, 08:46 AM

6,570 posts, read 8,420,851 times
It's not a question of being shameful. It's just downright creepy.

I can assure you, any guy that I know, would be creeped out by getting this type of gift from his mom. And probably the GF would be creeped out as well.

It could never imagine receiving such a gift from anyone other than my DH - much less from my mom or my MIL.

They just moved into a new place? I suggest housewares, towels,
new dishes to entertain with, silverware, a gift card to Bed, Bath & Beyond.

An erotic giftbasket from Mom is trashy (keep this in mind if there is a wedding shower in the future, as well). Keep it classy.

Old 04-05-2011, 08:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
Did anyone film the birth. Maybe a video of that will remind them to use protection.

Thats why I threw the condoms in there..at this time they don't need another baby, their son is 4 and with work and college for the both of them having another baby wouldnt be the time..But no no one filmed the birth...good idea tho..But they are young..they can't lose the romance and it'll be good for them to show their sexy side to each other.

Old 04-05-2011, 08:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HokieFan View Post

I can assure you, any guy that I know, would be creeped out by getting this type of gift from his mom. And probably the GF would be creeped out as well.

I could never imagine receiving such a gift from anyone other than my DH - much less from my mom or my MIL.

An erotic giftbasket from Mom is trashy (keep this in mind if there is a wedding shower in the future, as well). Keep it classy.

What? If you don't have an open relationship with your kids thats your biz. Not once did I say I was going to watch them use it. Sex isn't shameful? I have an open relationship with my sons their isn't anything they couldn't ask me. Where do you get off saying this is trashy? maybe you go around acting like sex is wrong. I have lots of male friends and not one of them they didn't like it they in fact said they would think it was cool if their mom gave them one. They said only prude women would be against it..And they are right, I got the opinion from over 70 men and only one said he wouldn't like it only because his mom didn't raise him. So if this helps them keep the romance in the right direction so be it..Its sad how people like you act like sex is wrong, even when coming in the form of a gift? This isn't the 50's time for you to get out of the dark ages. Do you think I walk around saying oh my son and his gf don't have sex? I know they do, and I know they need a push in the romance dept. So your comment about being trashy is for the prudes, so I'll ignore it.

Old 04-05-2011, 09:01 AM

19,747 posts, read 20,304,760 times
Eeeeww

Old 04-05-2011, 09:02 AM

2,652 posts, read 4,802,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HokieFan View Post

It could never imagine receiving such a gift from anyone other than my DH - much less from my mom or my MIL.

I'll cosign this.

How about a romantic night out and you babysit. Houseware and you babysit. Babysit, while they organize the new place.

If it were me and my bf's or husband's mom give this gift. Dude, your mom is a freak. That's just me, tho.

Old 04-05-2011, 09:03 AM

29,762 posts, read 34,464,488 times
I have an extremely open relationship with my mother, but she knows absolutely nothing about my sex life (other than I have one) and I like it that way.

If they've got a new place, buy them towels or tools. Stay out of the bedroom. "Hey baby, let's use those sex toys your mom gave us" has got to be one of the most oogy sentences I can think of.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.