Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-06-2011, 05:59 AM
FBJ FBJ started this thread

39,605 posts, read 59,130,859 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by STT Resident View Post
So that was another brilliant idea which went down the tubes?
It only went down the tubes because I came here and bragged about it and the girl I went on a date with knew someone on this site. That was my stupidity
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-06-2011, 06:31 AM

2,398 posts, read 3,842,476 times
Everyone knows there are other fish in the sea. But if you're happy with your current fish, who cares?

^^^^

This. There are always other guys (or fish in the sea) but that doesn't mean that a woman is willing to break out the gear and go fishing to continue that metaphor a bit further.

Plenty of women (even attractive women) in relationships let their men get by with too much "messing up" before they begin to even be aware that there might be "other guys" waiting in the wings. These loyal women aren't interested in those hypothetical men when they are involved a relationship that's good, fair or even an unpromising one. Read the threads on CD from women agonizing over why their BF, SO or husband doesn't love them or treat them well and yet they are still 100% in the relationship without any reciprocity, rowing the boat with one oar.

The guy in the wings might be a factual generality but the devil lives in the details. Life and love is messy. Anyone with experience will have had dating disasters, one sided love affairs, unrequited crushes, near misses, bad timing, lovers better left as friendships and then finally with blind luck a good match appears when very least expected but when both parties are ready for it. At least that's how it happened for me.

Theorizing about generalities is all well and good but too much of it keeps one in the realm of theory and tends to exclude the more ambiguous, fragile and subtle practice of a thing where all the agony and joy lives.

Old 04-06-2011, 06:33 AM

1,646 posts, read 2,377,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
Any Ladies willing to agree with her comment?
My only comment is that she is generalizing

Old 04-06-2011, 08:52 AM

2,112 posts, read 2,702,017 times
If she behaves like that, she doesn't seem to be a very attractive woman.

Old 04-06-2011, 08:59 AM

3,573 posts, read 6,484,147 times
Quote:
It only went down the tubes because I came here and bragged about it and the girl I went on a date with knew someone on this site. That was my stupidity
Yeah, but with the practice dates you were using people with no regard to their feelings. You could have had a gf in that girl and you blow it.

Old 04-06-2011, 09:26 AM

2,618 posts, read 6,172,418 times
Quote:
That's funny as hell. I've never met anyone who has ever mentioned this website, but still, very funny.

I would say it's very common women will already have another option by the time they decide to end a relationship, but as for always having a guy in the wings I think that's a little far fetched.

Women can hold onto relationships longer with a guy they've been with a while and dislike. They do this so that they can build up their resentment toward you so much that when they finally let you go they are so disgusted with you at that point that they cannot even fathom taking you back. It also gives them plenty of time for another man to come into her life and relieve her of the insecurity of being single. Many women cannot handle being single very well if they are used to always being in relationships.

Which is why when I'm dating a girl or in a relationship with a girl and she ends it, I know its already over. I don't beg, I don't "discuss it", I don't even want to know the reason why. I just want to know how long it will take her to get her **** out of my apt and that's the end of it. I'll enter my sadness process, be bummed for a week, get wasted maybe one of those nights, and then my life will go on. It's not too uncommon that these women will reach back out to me weeks or months afterward and fish for my interest in getting back together, at which I ask myself this question: is she worth just hooking up with/booty calling once in a while or is she going to cause me more hassle than she is worth?

Old 04-06-2011, 09:33 AM

896 posts, read 1,479,240 times
Quote:
"When a women is in a relationship there is always another guy waiting in the wing just in case the current guy messes up"

I guess this probably true for attractive women which is why dating will always and continue to be a headace

Any Ladies willing to agree with her comment?
Dude you are this close || to getting a girlfriend.

Just need to lower your standard to has pulse and walks upright on two feet.

Old 04-06-2011, 09:34 AM

7,371 posts, read 6,841,332 times
Quote:
I'll agree. Was that a practice date or a real date. TV?

Old 04-06-2011, 09:45 AM

5,988 posts, read 10,492,698 times
I think the original statement is often true. The woman doesn't have a man waiting in the wings, but there is usually a man who will take the opportunity to move in on a woman who becomes available. This is especially true for those women who are considered attractive.

Old 04-06-2011, 09:46 AM

24,665 posts, read 69,826,573 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ferretkona View Post
Many women have told me they never break up till they have a new man to fall on. The women do not want to be without a date Friday night.
They're not "women", they're "girls". And if they're of adult age and still have that mindset then you're mixing with a juvenile subset and might look at broadening your horizons a little. Just saying!

Quote:
Yes indeed, Grasshopper! Over the past few years you've been reminded several times by several contributors that what you write on the internet stays in cyberspace for ever. You live in a metropolitan hub and have written enough about yourself that many things you would doubtless have preferred remained hidden have been "outed" through your own words. Ergo, totally NOT surprising that the "date" would know someone who recognized you - and doubtless she is one of many.

I urge you again, for the millionth and one time that you find a real social setting in the real world which will enable you to develop your social skills and deal with people/women face to face as opposed to all this internet dating nonsense which is getting you absolutely nowhere. Better late than never, sweet pea.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships