Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-05-2011, 07:44 PM

19,764 posts, read 20,330,715 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by miyu View Post
I agree with the comment. But I also think it is false to think that women are going to go for the guy waiting in the wing as soon as she is single. I've never dated a vulture. Ick. Like if I had wanted to date him in the first place I would have picked him already instead of making him wait.
EXACTLY my point!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-05-2011, 07:46 PM

1,475 posts, read 2,559,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
?? What do you mean? When I've wanted relationships, it has never been a problem. But I have never "lined up" guys before the end of a relationship or "had one waiting". Hope that clarifies things.
Well, the question the OP posed seems loaded to me.

From your response to Dewdrop93 you seem to have noticed that yourself.

I was trying to make light of the loaded question by "boxing in" your response.

Old 04-05-2011, 07:49 PM

19,764 posts, read 20,330,715 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich_CD View Post
Actually ya know, it is!

There are so many factors here, almost too many to even consider this as based fully in fact or fiction.

Old 04-05-2011, 08:01 PM

23,416 posts, read 37,068,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich_CD View Post
They always are........

Old 04-05-2011, 08:35 PM

946 posts, read 2,921,115 times
Very not true, for the simple reason that I don't date someone who I don't feel is the best thing out there [in my eyes]. I never settle and I never enter a relationship for the sake of being with a man. When I'm with someone, he's the only person I have eyes for .

Old 04-05-2011, 08:43 PM

343 posts, read 524,862 times
I take this to mean that while in a relationship you do meet other men who are interested but you rebuff them. Once you break up, they swoop in like vultures.
I'm sure the same is true for men. It's not like she is lining them up on purpose.

Old 04-05-2011, 09:05 PM

1,206 posts, read 2,931,270 times
if your saying the more attractive you are the more likely you line up guys i dont know if thats true. But it certainly is easier for an attractive person to hop on to the next guy. However to assume an attractive woman is not serious about a relationship is probably destructive towards relationships.

Old 04-05-2011, 09:14 PM

570 posts, read 883,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince_Frog View Post
not true. I'm no female so I'm not your target audience, but there's many women who just want out of the relationship and be alone with themselves for a time. There's nothing wrong with that.

But if she knew there was another guy, she may have already been cheating and has already separated emotionally from her current SO.

The same can be said for men as well.
NOT TRUE. Many women follow the same rule as "don't quit your current job you hate, until you find another one"

Women are planners.

Old 04-05-2011, 09:21 PM

3,113 posts, read 8,390,325 times
Of course there are always guys waiting in the wings, and hoping. Thousands of them.

But that doesn't mean the woman is aware of them. If she's in love, then she ONLY has eyes for the guy she's with. So it doesn't matter one bit how many guys are around the corner!

There are of course exceptions, but most women really only want one man. So if you're that man, stop worrying about the "other guys" lurking around.

Everyone knows there are other fish in the sea. But if you're happy with your current fish, who cares?

Old 04-05-2011, 09:55 PM

946 posts, read 2,921,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1bright_future View Post
NOT TRUE. Many women follow the same rule as "don't quit your current job you hate, until you find another one"

Women are planners.
Way to generalize . I don't understand how some people take a concept and tend to apply it to EVERY situation, including relationships. What you're describing is a woman who doesn't want to be alone and jumps from relationship to relationship, that's obviously not an emotionally healthy woman.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships