Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-13-2011, 09:02 AM

5,258 posts, read 9,141,375 times

Advertisements

I consider myself to be a huge dork, meaning that I act silly a lot (I think too many people are too uptight), I'll do funny things like randomly break into song-and-dance for no reason, I'll tell corny jokes to try to get people to laugh, and I think I'm generally dorky-looking in a cute way. A lot of guys I've dated have liked my laid-back and free-spirited approach to life, but a few of them have been put off by it.

How many of you are dorks, or have dorky tendencies? How does it impact your dating life?
Quick reply to this message

Old 04-13-2011, 09:05 AM

7,796 posts, read 16,398,043 times
I always tried to keep my "dorkiness" on the down low. I had trouble getting dates as it was...there was no need for me to throw any more road blocks out there.

Old 04-13-2011, 09:07 AM

29,742 posts, read 34,376,832 times
I consider myself more of a nerd than a dork.

Old 04-13-2011, 09:08 AM

1,133 posts, read 2,283,158 times
Easier for a girl to be "dorky" and get dates/laid than a guy.

Old 04-13-2011, 09:09 AM

5,258 posts, read 9,141,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
I consider myself more of a nerd than a dork.
Me too. I have a huge thirst for knowledge and I love reading books and encyclopedias. I'm equal parts nerd and equal parts dork.

Old 04-13-2011, 09:19 AM

1,904 posts, read 2,986,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amanda0808 View Post
I consider myself to be a huge dork, meaning that I act silly a lot (I think too many people are too uptight), I'll do funny things like randomly break into song-and-dance for no reason, I'll tell corny jokes to try to get people to laugh, and I think I'm generally dorky-looking in a cute way. A lot of guys I've dated have liked my laid-back and free-spirited approach to life, but a few of them have been put off by it.

How many of you are dorks, or have dorky tendencies? How does it impact your dating life?
I'm somewhat dorky in comparison to a lot of my friends, especially when it comes to my humor around new people. I save the sicker jokes for friends and better acquaintances, with the assumption that they already know I'm probably not a psychopath. Probably.

And it has positively affected my dating life.

Old 04-13-2011, 10:05 AM

2,788 posts, read 5,091,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amanda0808 View Post

Does nerd count? My boyfriend is a computer nerd..and thats sexy.

Old 04-13-2011, 10:11 AM

5,419 posts, read 9,195,349 times
No, it does not affect my dating life.

Spoiler
I don't really have a dating life. I don't know how much it would interfere.

Old 04-13-2011, 10:16 AM

3,184 posts, read 4,846,187 times
I'm a bit of a dork/goofball and I would have to say that it very negatively affects my dating life. Dorky guys don't get many dates, but dorky girls can still get tons of dates.

I'm not really sure whether my girlfriend likes my dorkyness or not since she usually gives me the "that's dumb" look when I'm trying to be funny (which is 24/7). Between reciting ridiculous fun facts and saying awesome Schwarzenegger one liners when I kill a spider I'm hoping she finds my dorkyness endearing as opposed to annoying like most women do. I'm not a HUGE dork, but I do ok.

Old 04-13-2011, 10:58 AM

5,419 posts, read 9,195,349 times
I'm a "dork", but I don't do traditionally dorky things- I don't wear dorky clothes or haircuts or glasses,
I don't spend abnormal amounts of time at the computer (for my age and situation), or play a lot
of video games.. etc etc. I just happen to be naturally doofy, though I suspect that may in part be
because of my parents.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships