Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-12-2011, 08:40 PM

126 posts, read 102,164 times

Advertisements

There's this new girl at my work, I met her today. She's really hot and the only attractive (and young) girl at my work. Pretty much everyone else is an old lady in their 30s or older. Well, we talked earlier today for a bit, she was here filling out her forms and stuff to work here and I'm fairly certain she starts working tomorrow. She's really nice and so far I'm the only person there she has talked to (excluding our supervisor). Well we work in a job where it's kind of complicated as to what to do, and so I'm thinking about helping her on her first day, showing her how to do things and teaching her the rules and stuff.

I'm just going to be friendly and not like flirty or anything, how does that sound? I'd especially like a girl's opinion, how would you feel if a male co-worker was being friendly and helping you out on your first day of work? Also, I'm thinking about maybe buying her a coffee for her on her first day, does that sound like a good idea too? Please reply
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-12-2011, 08:43 PM

17,869 posts, read 20,991,973 times
women in there 30's are old??

I don't think that is true at all!

Old 04-12-2011, 08:48 PM

1,090 posts, read 1,834,049 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by samusaran253 View Post
There's this new girl at my work, I met her today. She's really hot and the only attractive (and young) girl at my work. Pretty much everyone else is an old lady in their 30s or older. Well, we talked earlier today for a bit, she was here filling out her forms and stuff to work here and I'm fairly certain she starts working tomorrow. She's really nice and so far I'm the only person there she has talked to (excluding our supervisor). Well we work in a job where it's kind of complicated as to what to do, and so I'm thinking about helping her on her first day, showing her how to do things and teaching her the rules and stuff.

I'm just going to be friendly and not like flirty or anything, how does that sound? I'd especially like a girl's opinion, how would you feel if a male co-worker was being friendly and helping you out on your first day of work? Also, I'm thinking about maybe buying her a coffee for her on her first day, does that sound like a good idea too? Please reply
yea buddy women in their 30's are NOT old...

but re: your situation here. sounds like a plan. have fun! if it was my first day at work, i would totally appreciate a cute guy helping me out.

about coffee, you dont even know if she takes it.... maybe save the coffee for later.... or go to lunch later.

you dont want to her to experience samusaran overdose from day 1. just show up and help a few hours or so in the day. then disappear for the rest. and ask her to lunch maybe a few days later. or a week later. take your time and don't overwhelm the new girl. have fun.

4,576 posts, read 9,160,255 times
Dont be flirty it is not professional.

19,012 posts, read 29,713,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince_Frog View Post
women in there 30's are old??

I don't think that is true at all!
He's probably working for Hef

37,596 posts, read 45,972,346 times
Quote:

I'd be leery of anyone that acted like you sound. Put your tongue back in your head and stop making plans for someone that you know absolutely nothing about.

Old 04-12-2011, 08:49 PM

19,012 posts, read 29,713,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
I'd be leery of anyone that acted like you sound. Put your tongue back in your head and stop making plans for someone that you know absolutely nothing about.
She's gonna speak about "her boyfriend" and break his heart

Old 04-12-2011, 08:50 PM

14,767 posts, read 17,110,449 times
Quote:

would love to help, but I'm an old spinster in my 30's

Old 04-12-2011, 08:50 PM

7,492 posts, read 11,825,964 times
My advice would really depend on whether or not you want to date this girl or just get to know her. If you want to date her, I'd take it slow. She's starting a new job and she might need time to feel comfortable. Coffee isn't a bad idea, but I wouldn't push her too much for anything. Maybe get to know her first and see how she'd feel about dating a coworker.

Old 04-12-2011, 08:51 PM

1,090 posts, read 1,834,049 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
the boy is attracted to this cute new girl... apart from figuring out whether she's single or not, i see nothing wrong with this. maybe if she works in the same department and is closely associated at work, it's a bad idea. if not, then i dont see anything wrong with it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships