Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-20-2011, 04:38 PM

26,142 posts, read 31,184,275 times

Advertisements

I had to dig this one out of the moth balls. I never thought I'd see the day it would be applicable to a thread:

YouTube - Meryn Cadell, "The Sweater"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2011, 04:40 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,156,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smalltowngirl25 View Post
I feel he ignored me, but if I call him I don't want to act like it bothered me and like I'm desperate for his attention. It just kinda hurt my feelings a little.
Just DO NOT call him!

Old 04-20-2011, 04:41 PM

17,869 posts, read 20,994,484 times
Quote:
He was sort of flirting, but I really didn't hear all that much. I wasn't that close, just pretending to do some school work. Then I left because it was clear he was not ending the conversation. This is a guy that gave me his phone number. He initiated that. I gave him mine after that. We do flirt sometimes and hang out after class. He also got that started. I feel he ignored me, but if I call him I don't want to act like it bothered me and like I'm desperate for his attention. It just kinda hurt my feelings a little.
It's too early to tell what he wants I think. If he takes the time to pursue you(this isn't a bad thing) he is probably interested in dating you. If it's more or less casual, he might just want you as a friend.

Old 04-20-2011, 04:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
Just DO NOT call him!
Yup. Let him make the first call. Probably the safest thing to do right now.

Old 04-20-2011, 04:44 PM

6,548 posts, read 7,278,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince_Frog View Post
No, but he might think it
He MIGHT think it, he MIGHT NOT think it. We just don't know.

Quote:
I wouldn't, but then again, I've never been approached. I'm the one approaching
Well yeah, not your everyday thing to have a girl approach a guy.

Quote:
She might catch him and bring it up out of nowhere. That screams desperate. She might just bring it up casually in a phone call, he could view that as desperate, or he might take it as he disrespecting her. Could have been a phone call for a friend for all I know
That's right. Or...he might just not try to think to deep about it and simply follow along and have a good time.

Quote:
I'm saying that if she's interested in him, she should get to know him better to see what he's like.
Well said. But I think this applies to both genders.

Maybe a girl after a guy can be seen as "desperate" and a guy after a girl be seen as a "creep" I suppose. Not that I support those views completely unless the interested party breaks some common civil rules of conduct.

Old 04-20-2011, 04:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by onihC View Post
He MIGHT think it, he MIGHT NOT think it. We just don't know.

Well yeah, not your everyday thing to have a girl approach a guy.

That's right. Or...he might just not try to think to deep about it and simply follow along and have a good time.

Well said. But I think this applies to both genders.

Maybe a girl after a guy can be seen as "desperate" and a guy after a girl be seen as a "creep" I suppose. Not that I support those views completely unless the interested party breaks some common civil rules of conduct.
So you support my observation of "It's too soon to tell" ?

Old 04-20-2011, 04:51 PM

550 posts, read 984,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince_Frog View Post
Yup. Let him make the first call. Probably the safest thing to do right now.
Actually it's not the first call. He already called me once and we spoke on the phone for a bit the day before this particular class. When we were ending the call, he told me to call him later. I just am not sure if I feel like calling him now after this class. Am I making too much out of this?

Old 04-20-2011, 04:59 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,156,261 times
Quote:
Am I making too much out of this?
No. Sounds to me like the young player deserves it. Two can play those games.

I'd wait for him to call (and if he doesn't... quick end of the story) and be all cheerful on the phone as if nothing's happened. If he asks why you didn't call, tell him you've been busy with something. Don't mention you were upset about anything at all! Then, you may want to flirt with other guys in his vicinity, too!

Old 04-20-2011, 05:02 PM

Quote:

I'd wait for him to call (and if he doesn't... quick end of the story) and be all cheerful on the phone as if nothing's happened. If he asks why you didn't call, tell him you've been busy with something. Don't mention you were upset about anything at all! Then, you may want to flirt with other guys in his vicinity, too!
I'd probably take advice from other women at this point. I'm not the player type so I wouldn't know how to deal with this situation as a whole.

And, if it helps, I'm not a woman either. I know cuz I check every day.

Old 04-20-2011, 05:05 PM

550 posts, read 984,516 times
Quote:

What if I don't want to play games? I'm not good with games. I'm actually a really shy person and it's hard for me to meet and talk to others to begin with.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships