Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-21-2011, 06:40 AM

1,904 posts, read 2,986,415 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolVa1977 View Post
I wanted to add: The only place you and this man are having a relationship is your head. He has not make any efforts to ask you out on a date. Until he does that (and even after) you are just casual acquiantances.

So do not sweat the small stuff. You sound very young, concentrate in your classes and yourself and the right guy (one who won't ignore you) will come along.
Where in this thread did she mention that they were having a relationship ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-21-2011, 06:44 AM

1,646 posts, read 2,372,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raging-Hetero View Post
Where in this thread did she mention that they were having a relationship ?
She obviously believes this man is "ignoring" her. He might just being polite to a classmate but in her mind she feels ignored by a potential partner.

I mean, really? Why does he owes her anything after all? Are they dating? Does he have to pay attention to her?

Sounds to me this 'relationship' is a figment of this girl's imagination.

(I don't know, I have been told this many times. If a man is not calling you, asking you out and paying attention to you, he is just not that into you. Don't waste the pretty. There are other men in the world)

Old 04-21-2011, 08:36 AM

15,714 posts, read 21,063,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smalltowngirl25 View Post
I don't think he had a bad attitude. After I waved at him goodbye, he waved back and said see ya. It's possible that he was talking to his mom about a family death, but it looked/sounded like flirting from where I was sitting. However, I'm not a stalker. Far from it. HE'S the one who initiated all this. I probably would not be interested if he didn't, mainly because of my shyness.
Okay, I really don't get it

You aren't dating him but you are both friendly. You usually talk after class but on this day he made a phone call instead.

He said "see ya" to you because he was ending his interaction with you. He didn't ignore you, he simply needed/wanted to talk on the phone. I find it bizzare that after he said "see ya" you continued to wait for him...thinking he'd end his coversation. Did you tell him "hey after class I need to talk to you about something?" Or was it just assumed that you would both talk because you always do?

Why are you getting so worked up over thinking he ignored you. He didn't ignore you, he said "see ya!". You have no idea who was on the other end of the phone...maybe it was his sister? Maybe it was another classmate of his and they were talking about an assignment?

If you are interested in him, stop waiting around and ask him out, or at least let it be known that you are interested in more. Or, you can keep waiting and that girl you think he was talking to may be calling him "boyfriend" soon.

Old 04-21-2011, 09:42 AM

2,068 posts, read 4,335,270 times
Quote:
This semester I became friendly with this guy from class. We sometimes talk or hang out after class. A couple of days ago we exchanged phone numbers. But yesterday in class he didn't say much to me except "see ya" as I waved goodbye to him and after class he started talking to somebody on the phone(99% sure it was a girl). So I waited for a bit hoping he would end the conversation, but he didn't. He sometimes hot and sometimes cold. I feel this time he ignored me. Now I'm not even sure if I should call him. Am I wrong to feel this way?
You snooze you lose chica.

Old 04-21-2011, 10:15 AM

6,548 posts, read 7,275,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miyu View Post
He is a PLAYA! Lots of guys give girls phone # just to test out the waters and see if she is datable
If someone is known for mind games, tests, etc. are women. Maybe he’s not AS interested, so what? We can’t really say he’s terrible for not calling her 3 times a day. This can also be said from women who give out their phone number.

Quote:
You should definitely broaden your horizons, do some playing of your own (not necessarily sexually, but don't fixate on this one guy).
So you are telling him to avoid a player but telling her to PLAY guys?

Old 04-21-2011, 01:18 PM

550 posts, read 984,185 times
Quote:
I wanted to add: The only place you and this man are having a relationship is your head. He has not make any efforts to ask you out on a date. Until he does that (and even after) you are just casual acquiantances.

So do not sweat the small stuff. You sound very young, concentrate in your classes and yourself and the right guy (one who won't ignore you) will come along.
No we are not in a relationship, but we have talked about stuff like going out. However, we're both busy outside of school. I don't think it's just in my head.

Old 04-21-2011, 01:20 PM

1,646 posts, read 2,372,847 times
Quote:
No we are not in a relationship, but we have talked about stuff like going out. However, we're both busy outside of school. I don't think it's just in my head.
Honey if he is not calling you

If he is not asking you out

If he is ignoring you

He is just not that into you

Do not waste the pretty.

Do not allow a man to dictate your moods.

Concentrate on yourself and your goals.

Old 04-21-2011, 01:22 PM

3,083 posts, read 4,875,428 times
Quote:
Do not waste the pretty.
i like that expression

Old 04-22-2011, 12:29 PM

550 posts, read 984,185 times
Well he called me and I'm still so confused. It was just kind of small talk and he wouldn't even say much and then said he had to go.

Old 04-22-2011, 12:33 PM

1,904 posts, read 2,986,415 times
Quote:
Well he called me and I'm still so confused. It was just kind of small talk and he wouldn't even say much and then said he had to go.
This is my advice. "Do not take CarolVa1977's advice into consideration." Enough said.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships