Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-21-2011, 12:44 PM

1,788 posts, read 2,480,622 times

Advertisements

We hung out for six years. First as romantic interests then friends. She became a drug fiend and I never had the foggiest interest in procuring her "requirements."

Her husband has recently passed and she wants to meet. I suggested a location that is very convenient for her. She said she needed a couple weeks.

She hasn't spoken to her parents in five years. I tend to lose interest when family members don't even talk. I figure some really bad stuff has gone down. Her folks were always great when I knew them.

I figure there should be little harm in meeting an old friend. It has been a long time, we graduated in the 80's.

Anybody else done this? How did it go?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-21-2011, 12:49 PM

5,419 posts, read 9,193,173 times
As long as your location is in a public and neutral place, I would say go for it. Maybe it's possible that she's cleaned up her act?

Old 04-21-2011, 01:32 PM

1,505 posts, read 1,809,602 times
She needs a couple of weeks when it was her idea to meet? Hasn't spoken to parents in 5 years? Baggage?

Old 04-21-2011, 01:36 PM

697 posts, read 1,280,969 times
meet with her and keep it in your pants

Old 04-21-2011, 02:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanJP View Post
As long as your location is in a public and neutral place, I would say go for it. Maybe it's possible that she's cleaned up her act?
Her hubbie was a heavy drinker, died of cirhosis(sp) of the liver. Says she has been "clean" for 1 1/2 years.

Knowing her, that means she has been too broke to buy anything to alter her "outlook".

We'll see I guess.

Old 04-21-2011, 02:22 PM

11,495 posts, read 26,859,038 times
She may want to see you as part of a 12 step program she's going through.

Old 04-21-2011, 03:38 PM

45,218 posts, read 100,681,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnHAdams View Post
Her hubbie was a heavy drinker, died of cirhosis(sp) of the liver. Says she has been "clean" for 1 1/2 years.

Knowing her, that means she has been too broke to buy anything to alter her "outlook".

We'll see I guess.

So we know that at the very least she's very co-dependent - not exactly grade A quality dating material

But like the previous poster said, perhaps she's working the 12 steps of AA and wants to meet as part of that.

If THAT'S all that is going on, then it's worth meeting with her.

But since she didn't say that I'm more suspicious she's just looking for the next guy and has such fond memories of you she thought she'd give it a shot.

Tread very carefully. VERY - you need a person like this in your life like you need another hole in your head.

Old 04-21-2011, 05:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
So we know that at the very least she's very co-dependent - not exactly grade A quality dating material

But like the previous poster said, perhaps she's working the 12 steps of AA and wants to meet as part of that.

If THAT'S all that is going on, then it's worth meeting with her.

But since she didn't say that I'm more suspicious she's just looking for the next guy and has such fond memories of you she thought she'd give it a shot.

Tread very carefully. VERY - you need a person like this in your life like you need another hole in your head.
She did have a favorable opinion of me.

I held her off for several years before, I think I can do it again.

Old 04-21-2011, 07:07 PM

3,485 posts, read 7,308,235 times
Weird.... I wouldn't...

Old 04-21-2011, 07:31 PM

15,080 posts, read 20,465,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnHAdams View Post
We hung out for six years. First as romantic interests then friends. She became a drug fiend and I never had the foggiest interest in procuring her "requirements."

Her husband has recently passed and she wants to meet. I suggested a location that is very convenient for her. She said she needed a couple weeks.

She hasn't spoken to her parents in five years. I tend to lose interest when family members don't even talk. I figure some really bad stuff has gone down. Her folks were always great when I knew them.

I figure there should be little harm in meeting an old friend. It has been a long time, we graduated in the 80's.

Anybody else done this? How did it go?
She does not appear to be the kind of person who will have a positive influence on your life. What would be the purpose of reconnecting with someone from your past? I would not do it because 20 years ago is history.

[as so is she]
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships