Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-21-2011, 08:55 PM

17,869 posts, read 20,988,473 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
Prostitution is legal in some places. As extreme as the case is, I'd consider it if I were him. Heck, I'd go to a foreign country need be!
a weekend trip to Amsterdam will solve all of his problems.

And give him a few addictions to boot!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-21-2011, 09:00 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,636,263 times
Quote:
Prostitution is legal in some places. As extreme as the case is, I'd consider it if I were him. Heck, I'd go to a foreign country need be!
Yeah,I get that. If I were a 41-year-old virgin, I'd........not have been a 41-year-old virgin. I'd have paid for it just to get the monkey off my back.

Old 04-21-2011, 09:03 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,134,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
Yeah,I get that. If I were a 41-year-old virgin, I'd........not have been a 41-year-old virgin. I'd have paid for it just to get the monkey off my back.
Exactly. Instead, he ruined his chance.

Now that I read this, I was thinking how you never know what's behind somebody's bizarre behavior... The woman probably thought he didn't like her, thought she did something wrong, etc., when the real reason for this fiasco is something she can never even imagine!

Old 04-21-2011, 09:09 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,636,263 times
Quote:
Exactly. Instead, he ruined his chance.

Now that I read this, I was thinking how you never know what's behind somebody's bizarre behavior... The woman probably thought he didn't like her, thought she did something wrong, etc., when the real reason for this fiasco is something she can never even imagine!
Yeah, I bet he really hurt her feelings pretty badly.

Old 04-21-2011, 10:20 PM

461 posts, read 782,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonDavis View Post
Okay, first of all take your time to recover.

I had been seeing this woman for a while, she's really great, very good looking, funny, intelligent. It was our 5th date and I invited her to my house. We had a few drinks, saw some old pics, etc. She then started to touch me and kiss me in a way I knew would eventually lead to sex. When I was sure she intended to spend the night there I panicked for obvious reasons.

I told her to stop because I needed to tell her something. Then I said I had been enjoying the dates but that we weren't really fit for each other and perhaps we should stop going out together. I then showed her the door. I could see she was really surprised and disappointed and kept saying 'What did I do wrong? Do you expect me to believe it just like this?'. I told her I'm no good for her and that there are plenty of single men around who can make her happy.

I really ruined it. But I panicked seriously, I saw very embarrassing moments coming had I let things flow.

Should I try to reconnect with her? Sorry for bringing my personal drama here, but I can't speak about this with no one, for obvious reasons as well.
You really hurt her. Make a decision to never socialize and be a hermit or find the courage to be real with people. This waffling, hurtful behavior is worse than the truth which is a bigger deal to you than her. The subject can be broached so easily with a sense of humor (using the film).

Give another human being a chance to show understanding. Living with the attitude that society will judge harshly is not only depressing, it just simply isn't true.

Old 04-21-2011, 11:43 PM

328 posts, read 602,867 times
Why is this the second date of your life and you're 41? Are you very religious? I would like to know simply, why.

Old 04-22-2011, 12:18 AM

1,206 posts, read 2,926,814 times
why did you panic? things were going well so its on you. I say go back and apologize and see if you can give it another shot. Communicate and let her know your issue. If she cant accept it, then hey you tried. If she wants to work it out, then excellent.

Old 04-22-2011, 02:04 AM

16,391 posts, read 30,917,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by d217 View Post
exactly.

Who can't handle the truth?
you can't handle the truth!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 04-22-2011, 07:22 AM

2,596 posts, read 5,580,467 times
Quote:
The problem is that if I tell her the truth she'll probably burst into laughter and I'm too old to let myself be humiliated like that.
Ridiculous. You have nothing to lose here. The older I get, the more I realize that pridefulness is a silly thing. This girl clearly liked you, wanted you. You panicked, freaked out and made up a bunch of lies to get her away from you.

If you really are interested in her, your one shot is to tell her the truth: you like her. You do want to see her. You were just nervous about the sexual part and panicked.

I would also speak with someone about this (like a therapist.) I know, I know, we all wish we were above such things and didn't have to admit when we needed help, but the truth is, dealing with your anxieties in therapy might help things to go more smoothly the next time.

Old 04-22-2011, 07:24 AM

2,596 posts, read 5,580,467 times
Quote:
This dates were not something I was expecting, she actually asked me out. As you can imagine, I've always been pretty set in my ways about being a virgin for the rest of my life, even though it used to bother me a lot in my 20s.

I feel very embarrassed when it comes to this issue because I feel like a 15 year old and I know I'm trouble for women because of my sexual inexperience.
Guess what? Sex usually doesn't go well at first. That's the fun of it. You and your partner get to explore together, make mistakes, learn what the other likes. The bonding that occurs when things go wrong and you can laugh about it together is critical to building trust.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships