Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-23-2011, 11:37 AM

1,646 posts, read 2,373,605 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper12 View Post
I prefer to just go dutch, after all, the way things are now, a man thinks a woman is his "ho" after he buys her a few dinners. Sorry, that is not the type of woman I am. If I were to date now, I would rather just pay for my own food and drinks, because I feel like men expect booty after spending...

I had a friend, who went to Europe with a man, he paid for everything, and gave her spending money, then, she was outraged that he expected her to sleep with him. She said she thought that they were going as "friends"?!
Maybe you are dating the wrong men. Because if I feel a men expects boote... he does not get another date.

Now, I would not take a trip to Europe. That is a different story. No one takes you to europe just because LOL
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-23-2011, 11:41 AM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 59,016,245 times
no one asked the OP this question, Were you going to PAY on the next date?

Old 04-23-2011, 11:43 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,698,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolVa1977 View Post
If I invite a person to my house or a restaurant, i personally want my guest to eat and drink as much as they want. I can not count food.

Generosity is not only money. Time as well, and attitude. My dad started very poor. When I was born , I slept in a little box he made, because he did not have money to buy a crib However my dad is the most generous man I have ever meet. With me, my family and all his friends.

Generosity is not telling your guests how painful is for you to spend money on them... if it so painful do not ask people out. If you have a guest, proper etiquette is to make that person feel you are honored by their presence.

Any references to money on an invitation is poor manners.
Yes but with the OP's situation, we don't know who suggested that particular date. I think it was a date to a museum, maybe she made the suggestion of that particular place and so he just asked if she was paying.

If a woman makes plans for something in particular, then it's only fair that the guy clarify who is paying.

Like one woman once said - she's fed up with guys who take her out for a cheap hamburger and then expect a good night with her in their bed - she says she's worth at least a good steak dinner and a movie.

Old 04-23-2011, 11:44 AM
FBJ

Quote:
Maybe you are dating the wrong men. Because if I feel a men expects boote... he does not get another date.

Now, I would not take a trip to Europe. That is a different story. No one takes you to europe just because LOL

Let's be realistic, a oman has to be prepared to give up the booty after being treated 3 or 4 times.

Old 04-23-2011, 11:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
Let's be realistic, a oman has to be prepared to give up the booty after being treated 3 or 4 times.
He can expect whatever
I do not have to sleep with anyone.

Old 04-23-2011, 11:54 AM
FBJ

Quote:
He can expect whatever
I do not have to sleep with anyone.
Well stop accepting invitations to free outings

Old 04-23-2011, 12:02 PM

Quote:
Well stop accepting invitations to free outings
WHY? If I keep getting invitation I will keep going.

And btw I have gone out with the guy from yesterday many time and sex has never even been a topic in the conversation

Old 04-23-2011, 12:19 PM
FBJ

Quote:

And btw I have gone out with the guy from yesterday many time and sex has never even been a topic in the conversation
So basically what you are saying is it's ok for you to get what you WANT but it's not ok for the guy to get what he WANTS?

Old 04-23-2011, 12:37 PM

37,612 posts, read 45,996,704 times
Quote:
So basically what you are saying is it's ok for you to get what you WANT but it's not ok for the guy to get what he WANTS?
If that is really what the guy wants, then he should just pay a hooker. No need to date at all.

Old 04-23-2011, 12:43 PM

3,617 posts, read 3,884,082 times
Quote:

If a guy continues to take you out on dates for which he foots the entire bill without you putting out at all, either

a) he is spectacularly wealthy and you are spectacularly entertaining (and both of these being the case is spectacularly unlikely)

or

b) he really, really likes you, and stringing along a guy who feels so strongly about you for some free events/meals is really low (if you like him too but just are really slow to have sex in relationships in general that's okay, but, if you're just taking advantage of him, you are doing a lot of emotional harm -- and screw the money, that's the damage you're doing here -- for a bit of cash / cash-equivalents).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships