Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-22-2011, 08:13 AM

2,652 posts, read 4,797,840 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mistygrl092 View Post
I don't know if she went or not, as I didn't press for info. And even if his wife was crying, doesn't mean she could not believe in someday.

I think some people have so little joy in life it's better to believe in a lie than to have to deal with the truth. Witness the whole dying process. Some are in denial right up until the end. Are they better for it? Maybe, maybe not.

Or what about the family who doesn't tell them they are dying and wants to keep their spirits up? They are leading them on. Is that wrong too?

BTW, I do not believe it's ok to cheat with someone else's husband and that is not the topic of the thread, so no need to get defensive.
You are telling these tales about her life, when you don't really know. The guy died. You don't know, if she attended. You don't know what, if anything was going on with them. All you see is an unattractive woman dating a married man.

I understand your question, but you are posing toward this woman. Are you leading anyone on?

I know I have and am not.(not sure, if I am) I allow a guy to buy me coffee. I know he likes me. I've made it plain nothing will happen. He continue to buy coffee. We have coffee once a month.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-22-2011, 08:15 AM

5,546 posts, read 9,999,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Childfree35 View Post
I'm sure you're beautiful and date alot. To you she's ugly, unhappy and not special at all. Wow, to you.

Not really sure, if he's leading her on. Do you know he's giving this impression. I'ma leave my wife for you. Is she misguided to date a married...yes.

btw: attractive women date married guys too. Just so you know.
I don't understand where this hostility is coming from. I asked a simple and straightforward question. A simple yes or no will suffice, not some sarcastic remark or assumption as to what I think I am. I think I am in tune with society's definition of beauty enough to know what is considered beautiful (after all, I've only been bombarded with images of it for decades).

And I don't care whether someone is beautiful or not. I don't think it's ever ok to date a married guy or even someone who has a GF/BF.

And do NOT put words in my mouth.

Old 04-22-2011, 08:19 AM

27,073 posts, read 11,855,774 times
Agreed, simple answer is NO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thursday007 View Post
Unless you are driving someone to an intervention, I say no, in the end all you have is your word and once to break that no one will ever trust you.

Old 04-22-2011, 08:26 AM

Quote:
You are telling these tales about her life, when you don't really know. The guy died. You don't know, if she attended. You don't know what, if anything was going on with them. All you see is an unattractive woman dating a married man.

I understand your question, but you are posing toward this woman. Are you leading anyone on?

I know I have and am not.(not sure, if I am) I allow a guy to buy me coffee. I know he likes me. I've made it plain nothing will happen. He continue to buy coffee. We have coffee once a month.
I don't know if she attended the funeral. I do know quite a bit of other things.

And no, I am not leading anyone on, as I am not seeing anyone or dating anyone to lead on. Nor do I want anything to do with men at this point in my life, so I cannot be leading anyone on.

And why don't you buy your own coffee?

Old 04-22-2011, 08:29 AM

Quote:
I don't understand where this hostility is coming from. I asked a simple and straightforward question. A simple yes or no will suffice, not some sarcastic remark or assumption as to what I think I am. I think I am in tune with society's definition of beauty enough to know what is considered beautiful (after all, I've only been bombarded with images of it for decades).

And I don't care whether someone is beautiful or not. I don't think it's ever ok to date a married guy or even someone who has a GF/BF.

And do NOT put words in my mouth.
There isn't any hostility sweetie.

You defined this woman with all those negative words.

I've seen unattractive men with beautiful women
I've seen unattractive women with handsome men
I've seen big girls with attractive guys
I've big guys with attractive women.

Beauty is up to the individual

I wasn't putting words in your mouth. You worded it to imply he picked her, because YOU perceive her to be ugly.

No, it isn't ok to lead anyone on. Okay.

Old 04-22-2011, 08:31 AM

Quote:
I don't know if she attended the funeral. I do know quite a bit of other things.

And no, I am not leading anyone on, as I am not seeing anyone or dating anyone to lead on. Nor do I want anything to do with men at this point in my life, so I cannot be leading anyone on.

And why don't you buy your own coffee?
I do buy coffee -- just not on that day.

Old 04-22-2011, 08:33 AM

Quote:
I do buy coffee -- just not on that day.
LOL, do you ever treat him to coffee? If you are not "involved" other than just friends, it would be a nice thing to do. And don't call me sweetie.

Old 04-22-2011, 08:35 AM

16,391 posts, read 30,928,953 times
Quote:
Well, as it turns out he died in his mid forties and she gets/got to live with the illusion of "someday." Beats the realization of never.
Yeah, having an affair is a good thing... god what a stupid idea. The husband got what he had coming I guess.

Old 04-22-2011, 08:40 AM

Quote:
LOL, do you ever treat him to coffee? If you are not "involved" other than just friends, it would be a nice thing to do. And don't call me sweetie.
Teehee! Yes, just friends. You're absolutely correct. It would be nice, but I don't. He loves it, so why would I deprive him buying coffee.

Old 04-22-2011, 09:14 AM

153 posts, read 237,419 times
I don't know if this is the same or just similiar but I have a married friend (unhappily) who is having an affair with an unhappily married man. Neither one can leave for fianancial reasons unless they want to be homeless, not kidding. She has 2 teenagers, he is raising 3 young grandchildren his wife took in without talking it over with him ( I know him too so that I am sure of) the affair has been going on for 9 years. I don't ever see them being completely together but both get comfort from being together when they can, very infrequently. Both get what neither of their spouses give, love and attention. I was from the "don't cheat on your spouse" side until I see how much of a better mother she is, believe me before the affair she was just plain angry, miserable and always yelling at her boys...... to the point that it made other people uncomfortable! So I am happy they have each other after seeing the good that has come out of it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships