Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-24-2011, 11:32 AM

37,409 posts, read 53,495,501 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron. View Post
There lies the issue.........it was a turn off the way it was done and I do think it was too soon.
Would you have truly felt differently about it if it came up a few months down the road? Just asking.

It seems, based purely anecdotally, that people who are gonna be creeped out by being invited to church are going to be creeped out by it no matter what/when.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-24-2011, 02:45 PM

769 posts, read 1,012,543 times
ah yes religion, no thanks a guy on a podium telling me i will burn if i don't do this and that, but god loves you..

/that is my rant for today

Old 04-24-2011, 04:45 PM

Funnily enough, that didn't happen to me in church this morning...not the guy, the podium, or the burning thing, anyway. Come to think of it, it never has!

/that is my response for today

Old 04-24-2011, 07:51 PM

4,550 posts, read 11,688,742 times
Quote:
I met a gal last week. We've talked on the phone a few times. We haven't been on a date yet........she's already asking me to attend church.

I told her I don't like church. She said......."that's going to be a problem"......and she goes on to say.."I am god fearing....yada,yada,yada, I sing in the choir, blah,blah, blah....etc."

I thought to myself..."I don't even know her last name yet and she's already inviting me to church"......she's right, that is going to be a problem...not mine, but hers.

I NEVER accept invites from anyone to go to church. NEVER. Not that I would not attend but I'd rather select my own church and attend by myself.

Ok........how soon is to soon to be inviting someone to church?

...and how often does this come into play in YOUR relationships?

Run fast if you hear the words "god fearing"....YUCK!

Old 04-24-2011, 07:53 PM

I'm with that...no fearing, here.

Old 04-24-2011, 09:15 PM

37,557 posts, read 45,900,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TabulaRasa View Post
Funnily enough, that didn't happen to me in church this morning...not the guy, the podium, or the burning thing, anyway. Come to think of it, it never has!

/that is my response for today
Yeah...I'm not in church much anymore, but I've certainly spent many a Sunday morning there in years past. And I've never heard that sort of thing either. I think some people watch too much evangelical stuff on the telly.

Old 04-24-2011, 10:48 PM

People are pretty quick to get out their broad brushes and start painting, overall.

Old 04-25-2011, 03:44 AM

2,444 posts, read 3,580,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawk J View Post
A Viking who doesn't know how to spell Odin...

It's spelled "Oden" in Swedish, and I think in Norwiegan and Danish too, which is where these gods were origianlly worshipped, not my fault some English chap from way back when changed the names of gods...

Eitherhow, can't the OP just please say this is his religion, would be funny to hear about the reaction XD

Old 04-25-2011, 06:02 AM

1,298 posts, read 2,236,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
Yeah...I'm not in church much anymore, but I've certainly spent many a Sunday morning there in years past. And I've never heard that sort of thing either. I think some people watch too much evangelical stuff on the telly.

Right, it's not what is said in church, it's what "they hear", it's an excuse, the ole devil's basket is full of 'em.

Old 04-25-2011, 06:06 AM
miu

17,765 posts, read 40,132,108 times
Quote:
There lies the issue.........it was a turn off the way it was done and I do think it was too soon.
I think that she did the right thing by asking you to church right away. Clearly... her relationship with her church and god is very important to her. Clearly... she only wants a serious boyfriend leading to marriage, not a casual fling, booty call or FWB situation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships