Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-23-2011, 08:49 AM

24 posts, read 27,104 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimac20 View Post
I notice these days if someone opens the door for somebody else the gender doesn't matter, moreso the age/condition of the person.

I think the real reason is that these women WANT TO FEEL SPECIAL, and want to feel like the guy is somehow putting in work to get her, that he's good enough to deserve her. I've heard women time and time again put on a superior attitude and say, 'If he wants ME HE's gonna have to work his butt off to get me', I'm not going to appear desperate.
I've heard that alot too. Women like that are pathetic, I struggle to understand why any man would want a woman with that kinda attitude.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-23-2011, 08:52 AM

1,561 posts, read 2,204,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lolreligion View Post
I've heard that alot too. Women like that are pathetic, I struggle to understand why any man would want a woman with that kinda attitude.
For sex. Duh!

Old 04-23-2011, 08:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattB4 View Post
For sex. Duh!
If a guy wanted just sex he could get it a hell of alot easier though.

Old 04-23-2011, 08:55 AM

1,646 posts, read 2,373,453 times
Quote:
true

Old 04-23-2011, 09:01 AM

10,449 posts, read 12,461,160 times
I think my ex and I pretty much killed this stereotype nine times over. First of all, being gay already broke the whole man/woman paradigm. Secondly, even though she's way more butch than me, I was the one bringing home the bacon. On top of that, I was the deaf-blind one and she was the hearing-sighted one so everyone expected HER to be providing for ME, but it was actually the other way around.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4
Wish more people thought like the op. But working women are still doing most of the housework and child-rearing. Maybe this will change more and more.
Definitely true. I also did all the housework on top of working. However, we agreed that if we ever had children, she'd be the child-rearer. I had and have zero interest in getting pregnant.

Old 04-23-2011, 09:10 AM

1,561 posts, read 2,204,776 times
Quote:
Lets face it, if most guys could get sex easily from women than poor behavior from women would be unlikely. They know they have a commodity that many men are willing to barter or pay for. Supply - demand.

Old 04-23-2011, 09:13 AM

1,781 posts, read 2,681,432 times
Lightbulb Lemme See If I Can Clarify Here...

Quote:
First of all, women like that are NOT pathetic...are you kiddin' me?

Maybe she's like that because she feels she's a good catch, and she's not gonna fall for the first jabroni with bulging biceps, a bulging crotch, and a line of freshly-sprinkled bullsnarkey (aka 'game') that comes along...

No, women like that, at least in MY experience, are serving notice that THEY bring something to the table, and so should you...it's not about them being difficult, 'princessy' (please ), gold-diggers, or any of the other processed cheese-food epithets hurled their way by guys who couldn't cut the mustard (yeah I said it...and what?)

I see this ALL THE TIME on here, and it's starting to get on my last nerve...for every 10 guys who post here, at least 6.5 to 7 of them are gentlemen, intelligent, successful, in touch with themselves, and are able to handle stuff like (gasp!) women making more than them, or knowing how to BE gentlemen and treat woemn with the respect they deserve...

However, it's the other 2 or 3 that gum up everything...they come on here with their diapers overloaded, b****ing and whining like somebody snatched their Fig Newtons, calling women all kinds of names, saying women of a certain nationality (hmmm...American/Western women anyone?) are this and that, all because they stepped to the wrong women, or stepped to the wrong women the wrong way, and got their feelings hurt when that woman and several of her close friends slapped on dark glasses and channeled Ray Charles, and regaled them with a snappy chorus of 'Hit The Roooooad Jack!'

Ain't a damn thing wrong with being a gentleman...or with having your s**t together to the point where a woman can SEE and SENSE that you're a good guy, instead of getting the poopy-drawers and calling names and saying women have 'princessy attitudes', because you got found wanting in one way or another, and instead of learning from that experience and strengthening those weak points and being a better man next time out, you hide behind a flippin' wall and call names and point fingers---on a bloody CHAT FORUM, no less!

I'm now going to put on my flak-vest with the pre-painted bullseye on it, because doubtless I will have ruffled some feathers, but I don't give a red-hot flying can of biscuits, because sometimes, stuff needs to be said, and folks need to grow a hide and deal...bottom line

Old 04-23-2011, 09:13 AM

24,544 posts, read 56,054,732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattB4 View Post
Lets face it, if most guys could get sex easily from women than poor behavior from women would be unlikely. They know they have a commodity that many men are willing to barter or pay for. Supply - demand.
Maybe the ancient Greeks were onto something when they started sleeping with each other . Maybe it's time we started denying THEM something for a change, so they'd be coming back to us.

Old 04-23-2011, 09:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by captaincatfish View Post
First of all, women like that are NOT pathetic...are you kiddin' me?

Maybe she's like that because she feels she's a good catch, and she's not gonna fall for the first jabroni with bulging biceps, a bulging crotch, and a line of freshly-sprinkled bullsnarkey (aka 'game') that comes along...

No, women like that, at least in MY experience, are serving notice that THEY bring something to the table, and so should you...it's not about them being difficult, 'princessy' (please ), gold-diggers, or any of the other processed cheese-food epithets hurled their way by guys who couldn't cut the mustard (yeah I said it...and what?)

I see this ALL THE TIME on here, and it's starting to get on my last nerve...for every 10 guys who post here, at least 6.5 to 7 of them are gentlemen, intelligent, successful, in touch with themselves, and are able to handle stuff like (gasp!) women making more than them, or knowing how to BE gentlemen and treat woemn with the respect they deserve...

However, it's the other 2 or 3 that gum up everything...they come on here with their diapers overloaded, b****ing and whining like somebody snatched their Fig Newtons, calling women all kinds of names, saying women of a certain nationality (hmmm...American/Western women anyone?) are this and that, all because they stepped to the wrong women, or stepped to the wrong women the wrong way, and got their feelings hurt when that woman and several of her close friends slapped on dark glasses and channeled Ray Charles, and regaled them with a snappy chorus of 'Hit The Roooooad Jack!'

Ain't a damn thing wrong with being a gentleman...or with having your s**t together to the point where a woman can SEE and SENSE that you're a good guy, instead of getting the poopy-drawers and calling names and saying women have 'princessy attitudes', because you got found wanting in one way or another, and instead of learning from that experience and strengthening those weak points and being a better man next time out, you hide behind a flippin' wall and call names and point fingers---on a bloody CHAT FORUM, no less!

I'm now going to put on my flak-vest with the pre-painted bullseye on it, because doubtless I will have ruffled some feathers, but I don't give a red-hot flying can of biscuits, because sometimes, stuff needs to be said, and folks need to grow a hide and deal...bottom line
Whatever.

I'd be more than glad to be a gentleman to women who deserve it. Women with an entitled superior attitude don't.

Old 04-23-2011, 09:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by captaincatfish View Post
I'm not saying they should fall for anybody

Quote:
Their attitude is that the man should put in all the effort and all the work while they reciprocate nothing. Women like that aren't intrested in the guy.

The attitude that the man must put in all the effort IS princessy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships