Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-23-2011, 04:54 AM

55 posts, read 100,303 times

Advertisements

I have heard several women say this. It really confuses me. One told me that she was with a guy that had no balance and that was either a jerk or a goody too shoes but never in the middle. I had just met this girl but it kinda sounds like me. When a girl says she wants a guy that is bad but not too bad..what exactly is she referring to?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-23-2011, 06:08 AM

1,571 posts, read 2,000,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texas69 View Post
I have heard several women say this. It really confuses me. One told me that she was with a guy that had no balance and that was either a jerk or a goody too shoes but never in the middle. I had just met this girl but it kinda sounds like me. When a girl says she wants a guy that is bad but not too bad..what exactly is she referring to?
Give them some time with their "bad boys". After they've been smacked around a few times and start asking for help, they'll come to their senses. In my years, I've seen a number of women go through it. They don't want a "saint", so they end up with the "devil". The problem for many of them is that when they do come to their senses, the good guys (the ones in the "saints" column) are no longer available. That's when they start having 20/20 hind-sight.

Old 04-23-2011, 06:21 AM

2,725 posts, read 5,189,292 times
Quote:
This is just me but when I think of bad, I think of a person who has realized that no matter how nice you try to be, somebody is bound to be unhappy. Oh well, they will still live life they way they want, with mistakes, fun and all.

Where things go wrong, is when the nice person tries to prove they are nice by pleasing the "wronged" person. They live life trying to avoid offending people but the funny thing is that those people are bound to get offended anyway. The reason why they get offended is actually quite simple (in my world, that is).

Old 04-23-2011, 07:40 AM

26,142 posts, read 31,182,182 times
Quote:
Balance is the operative word here. You can look at both ends of the spectrum and find people who are so flippin' anal retentive with an assinine superior intellectual condescending attitude and then the other direction being the proverbial alcoholic, wife beater who can't dress himself past a fruit of the loom, sleeveless white t-shirt or take a bath.

It's knocking the two extremes out of the way and finding hapiness somewhere in the middle and is known as being comfortable with the 'sixes and sevens' in psychology terms.

Throw the anal attitude, PBS watching, know your wine and pre sip the glass attitude out the window and give me just a little more laughter and ability to screw up learning things and laugh about it - a little devil may care attitude with your free time and not care so much what the boys at the country club would think about this or that if they see you being imperfect. The freedom to not be weighed down by pomp and circumstance and enjoy a childlike moment at a theme park.

In addition, you can rule out the pot smoking, crack head with alcoholism issues and no education past the 7th grade who thinks being a man is a controlable right when it comes to women and his neanderthal ways of thinking and beating you and leave you abandoned in a prison of going no where because he whines and moans that he has never been able to get a job and has no ambition to even finish his education or get a job, but has a load of excuses. Every place you would take this person he would find something wrong with and everyone is an ass except of course him. You're his and he owns you, even going so far as to take you by the arm in front of people and drag you outside so everyone knows who's in control here.

Balance - it's what happens in between 1 and 10 and the person knows when to lean toward the 1 or the 10 - somewhere in the 'sixes and sevens.' You can take him to your office Christmas party and maybe he'll have a drink or two -but never get sloppy drunk, has some confidence to speak to others intelligently without a condescending or in an intimidated manner. He/she knows what they do is a reflection on you in situations like that. He's fun without being a total juvenile and knows when and where these activities are appropriate.

It's not much different than say a person who only listens to orchestra or opera against a person who only listens to Heavy Metal...you want someone in between with a little balance of everything.

Sixes and Sevens - Robert Plant

YouTube - (Led Zeppelin) Robert Plant - Sixes and Sevens

Old 04-23-2011, 07:55 AM

1,646 posts, read 2,373,304 times
be a nice guy but not a pushover or a doormat.

Old 04-23-2011, 08:08 AM

1,176 posts, read 2,196,125 times
Quote:
they want a good man but he needs to know what he wants and be bad enough to "take" her when he wants her.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships