Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-23-2011, 11:52 AM

1,549 posts, read 4,257,905 times

Advertisements

Funny thread....some women just have preferences in the men they date or choose to marry. I'm black American and for whatever reason only attracted to African men. I can't explain it....even my family has questioned me about it but I don't care because I'm an adult and capable of making my own decisions. Blame it on my college years...I went to school with a lot of African men and it started when I was 18. LOL, I'm now in my mid thirties and still have never seriously dated an American man.

As far as other races, I've been out on dates with hispanics, whites and asians but nothing panned out.

Old 04-23-2011, 11:53 AM

420 posts, read 877,919 times
I always thought it was mutual between them. Never noticed any white, latino [unless she spoke espanol] or asian guys craving dark meat. Maybe sexually, but I never see that combo out at the mall or sitting having bagels next to the boulevard. Do you, anyone?

Old 04-23-2011, 11:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hegotsoul831 View Post
I always thought it was mutual between them. Never noticed any white, latino [unless she spoke espanol] or asian guys craving dark meat. Maybe sexually, but I never see that combo out at the mall or sitting having bagels next to the boulevard. Do you, anyone?
Depends on where you are. I see a lot of white or hispanic males with black women in my area.

Old 04-23-2011, 11:58 AM

52,282 posts, read 52,700,922 times
Quote:
I see some non-black dudes with black females, but I still think its more common the other way around.

Maybe there are watching their carbs and cutting back on the bagels.

Old 04-23-2011, 11:59 AM

420 posts, read 877,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyKLO View Post
Depends on where you are. I see a lot of white or hispanic males with black women in my area.
Depends on how you mean "a lot." I didnt say it 'never' happens. However, Im sure Oxnard is not quite as huge as L.A. So yes, if it occurs at all, then maybe it would be more noticable there.

Old 04-23-2011, 11:59 AM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 59,025,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimac20 View Post
If looks *supposedly* matter less to women, why does it seem to me at least, that women are less open to dating men of other races (or even those outside of their social circles) than men are? Do they buy into negative stereotypes, or do they worry more what they're peers/family might think? I think many still feel more threatened when their daughters/sisters etc date 'outside' the circle. Are just men just less picky because they have to be? I've heard quite a few women say they wouldn't date say Asians or Blacks (I think the whole idea of white women loving black men is exaggerated tbh), and while I've heard this among men they seem to appreciate females of all races in general (like myself).

edit: I should probably except most Asian women in western societies, who oftentimes prefer to date white men because of their perceived superiority/normality. Btw this isn't a rant, but an honest question.

Not sure how accurate this is but.................LOL

White women love dating Black men

Black Women love dating White Men

Latina Women love dating Black men

Old 04-23-2011, 12:17 PM

Quote:
Depends on how you mean "a lot." I didnt say it 'never' happens. However, Im sure Oxnard is not quite as huge as L.A. So yes, if it occurs at all, then maybe it would be more noticable there.
Very true...this is a small town and it's quite noticeable but it doesn't matter as long as they love and care about each other....

I don't know why we put so much emphasis on who people are seeing. At a point it has to get "old".

Old 04-23-2011, 12:26 PM

3,977 posts, read 7,694,209 times
wow-black women told you they were afraid of dating white men? That seems so weird! And "forbidden" is such an outdated term!
I guess the black women in your area must be very sheltered and not outgoing at all!
You should get out more and meet more people!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Vanderburgh View Post
I have met a few black women who said they were raised to be afraid of dating white men if not expressly forbidden. I'm curious to know if those are isolated incidents or if that's more common than not.

Old 04-23-2011, 12:30 PM

3,977 posts, read 7,694,209 times
I see many interracial couples of all varieties everywhere! In large cities, small towns and mid-size cities. Maybe because I date interracially I notice it more? but I see it all the time and it's great! I get stares and curious looks when I am with a date, but I don't care. I assume (and hope) that people look just because it is different, and not that they are thinking negatively. That is my hope. If there were two people of the same race, and one was very tall, the other very short, that would garner a look or two as well. People just tend to notice things that are different.

Old 04-23-2011, 12:33 PM

2,725 posts, read 5,190,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
The OP made a blanket statement to the affect that "women" didn't seem to date inter racially.

I was just making an observation of what I see in terms of "women" who date outside their race.

If the OP has said something to the effect of "Black women" don't seem to date inter racially as often or at all.

I would have kept my pie hole shut.
True but sometimes when a person doesn't understand an observation, they are not sure what the problem is and sometimes the problem is how things are observed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships