Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-23-2011, 08:34 AM

24,544 posts, read 56,060,466 times

Advertisements

If looks *supposedly* matter less to women, why does it seem to me at least, that women are less open to dating men of other races (or even those outside of their social circles) than men are? Do they buy into negative stereotypes, or do they worry more what they're peers/family might think? I think many still feel more threatened when their daughters/sisters etc date 'outside' the circle. Are just men just less picky because they have to be? I've heard quite a few women say they wouldn't date say Asians or Blacks (I think the whole idea of white women loving black men is exaggerated tbh), and while I've heard this among men they seem to appreciate females of all races in general (like myself).

edit: I should probably except most Asian women in western societies, who oftentimes prefer to date white men because of their perceived superiority/normality. Btw this isn't a rant, but an honest question.

Old 04-23-2011, 08:59 AM

2,725 posts, read 5,190,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimac20 View Post
If looks *supposedly* matter less to women, why does it seem to me at least, that women are less open to dating men of other races (or even those outside of their social circles) than men are? Do they buy into negative stereotypes, or do they worry more what they're peers/family might think? I think many still feel more threatened when their daughters/sisters etc date 'outside' the circle. Are just men just less picky because they have to be? I've heard quite a few women say they wouldn't date say Asians or Blacks (I think the whole idea of white women loving black men is exaggerated tbh), and while I've heard this among men they seem to appreciate females of all races in general (like myself).

edit: I should probably except most Asian women in western societies, who oftentimes prefer to date white men because of their perceived superiority/normality. Btw this isn't a rant, but an honest question.
As a teenager, I was always attracted to Whites and could never pin point the reason exactly. Were they better off in terms of money than I was and the people I grew up with? Yes, but we had money. We just lived like poor ignorant souls.

I did not like Whites for their money, which was really their parent's money. So I thought I just preferred their skin color over others. I put this superficial attraction as the reason why I placed Whites on a pedestal. What low standards I had, huh?

Only when I started taking responsibility for my own life, in other words, I tried to replicate what I saw other Whites doing as in getting an education, job and then money, did I realize that something was still missing from my life.

I had to understand why my personal life was a mess. So then I worked on other things like social skills. Now I see why I was attracted to *some* Whites but turned that attraction into something superficial and, therefore, liked all Whites. It was their behavior, their lifestyle and their way of thinking that I liked. My standards suddenly have shot up and it has nothing to do with skin color. I no longer see skin color as good or bad. I see behavior as good and bad.

I now find myself attracted to all kinds of people of all races. I hope this helps because it was not easy for me to tell.

Old 04-23-2011, 09:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crisan View Post
As a teenager, I was always attracted to Whites and could never pin point the reason exactly. Were they better off in terms of money than I was and the people I grew up with? Yes, but we had money. We just lived like poor ignorant souls.

I did not like Whites for their money, which was really their parent's money. So I thought I just preferred their skin color over others. I put this superficial attraction as the reason why I placed Whites on a pedestal. What low standards I had, huh?

Only when I started taking responsibility for my own life, in other words, I tried to replicate what I saw other Whites doing as in getting an education, job and then money, did I realize that something was still missing from my life.

I had to understand why my personal life was a mess. So then I worked on other things like social skills. Now I see why I was attracted to *some* Whites but turned that attraction into something superficial and, therefore, liked all Whites. It was their behavior, their lifestyle and their way of thinking that I liked. My standards suddenly have shot up and it has nothing to do with skin color. I no longer see skin color as good or bad. I see behavior as good and bad.

I now find myself attracted to all kinds of people of all kinds of races. I hope this helps because it is not easy for me to tell.
Good on you, I think people of one race who strongly prefer those of other races for other reasons (and often also because of) their looks are often unsatisfied with their own identity/place in the world.

Old 04-23-2011, 09:03 AM

1,176 posts, read 2,196,459 times
Quote:

i disagree with you main idea. where i live more women date outside of their race than men. it's not even close although i'm not sure why.

Old 04-23-2011, 09:06 AM

2,631 posts, read 7,016,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pkrplr1 View Post
i disagree with you main idea. where i live more women date outside of their race than men. it's not even close although i'm not sure why.

Yeah I have to disagree with the OP as well. Men seem to be the one stuck in their ways while women crumble much more easily.

Old 04-23-2011, 09:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veyron View Post
Yeah I have to disagree with the OP as well. Men seem to be the one stuck in their ways while women crumble much more easily.
I guess it's mainly a phenomenon related to Asians/Whites (I still don't really like talking in these terms, but society is still pretty 'race' conscious), although I have also heard women who just aren't into dark skin, whether that be Asian Indians or people of African descent. The majority of interracial relationships I see here, the man is white lol.

I suppose I MOSTLY but not exclusively mean women of European descent.

Old 04-23-2011, 09:18 AM

Quote:

Open up a facebook account and you will see that its not.

Secondly, I do agree that the stigma of a black men is what stops other races of women from dating them.

Can you blame them? Seriously think about it. Black men are portrayed as the worst kind of men. They honestly do it too themselves and make it hard for guys like me.

Black culture celebrates welfare, drugs, living in the street, being a bum, having low education, we own nothing in this country as a race etc. etc.

As a black man you have to seperate yourself from that and walk a more meaningful path. When you do they will notice.

The black community is so screwed up.

The black guys I know who interracially dated where college educated, extremely intelligent and very outgoing. Coincidentally, their partners were all against interracial dating before they met them.

Lastly, I actually use that as a blue print to sort of guide my life. If I'm attracting asian/white women I know I'm doing something right. Most black women live up to their reputations so I know if they are glancing I'm doing something wrong. *Grabs the heat shield*

Old 04-23-2011, 09:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veyron View Post
Open up a facebook account and you will see that its not.

Secondly, I do agree that the stigma of a black men is what stops other races of women from dating them.

Can you blame them? Seriously think about it. Black men are portrayed as the worst kind of men. They honestly do it too themselves and make it hard for guys like me.

Black culture celebrates welfare, drugs, living in the street, being a bum, having low education, we owning nothing in this country as a race etc. etc.

As a black man you have to seperate yourself from that and walk a more meaningful path. When you do they will notice.

The black community is so screwed up.

The black guys I know who interracially dated where college educated, extremely intelligent and very outgoing. Coincidentally, their partners were all against interracial dating before they met them.

Lastly, I actually use that as a blue print to sort of guide my life. If I'm attracting asian/white women I know I'm doing something right. Most black women live up to their reputations so I know if they are glancing I'm doing something wrong. *Grabs the heat shield*
Ok maybe I talk from ignorance...I think the reason black men are now more 'popular' is because they are now socially 'on par' with white men in SOME WAYS (not others of course), in terms of how 'cool', 'masculine' they are, certainly more so than some other races. I truly believe quite a few women care more about how cool/socially important a man is rather than who he is. It's status not looks that count for them.

Old 04-23-2011, 09:22 AM

Quote:
I guess it's mainly a phenomenon related to Asians/Whites (I still don't really like talking in these terms, but society is still pretty 'race' conscious), although I have also heard women who just aren't into dark skin, whether that be Asian Indians or people of African descent. The majority of interracial relationships I see here, the man is white lol.

I suppose I MOSTLY but not exclusively mean women of European descent.

I understand. Not every women is the same. Some may find dark skin attractive and some may find it sickening.

However, I don't think its a racial thing its more of an individual thing. If your ugly and don't have your stuff together no women will give you a chance.

For me to agree with your post would be to ignore the hundreds upon hundreds of couples I have seen in my lifetime where the women was converted.

Old 04-23-2011, 09:24 AM

16,391 posts, read 30,931,772 times
Doesn't it take a man and woman to be in an inter racial relationship?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships