Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-05-2011, 01:54 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,947,295 times

Advertisements

I'm not a fan of "heavy set" or "rotund" rhinos but I do agree with you that they covertly wanted to insult the overweight girl which is absolutely cruel to do so at a social gathering. It shows how boring and vapid their own lives are.

Quote:
Originally Posted by donie1 View Post

No, Ron and his juvenile friends wanted to have a laugh at the fat girl. Tells you lots about the friends he surrounds himself with.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-05-2011, 01:56 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,947,295 times
There are a lot of "evil spirited" people out there.

Quote:
Ron never did come back since we all thought him and his friends were goofs. I guess Ron you wanted all of us to agree with you and your pals. Let's put that fat girl in her place, guess it backfired on you.

Old 05-10-2011, 11:00 AM

53 posts, read 54,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by captaincatfish View Post
What she should have done, in this case, was to go WWE on Mr Gym Rat and bodyslam him somewhere...

And she should have gone home and cried why? I understand totally what Gym Rat said, because there are a lot of people who share his opinion in regards to dating overweight-full figured-voluptuous-big beautiful (did I cover all the bases there?) men and women...but there are a LOT of those people who are attractive, their size notwithstanding, but they get pigeonholed into the 'Nope---won't date'cha!' category because of it (size, that is)

The Facilitator was wrong, because I'm still wondering what gave him the cojones to go up to that woman and repeat Gym Rat's words verbatim...the woman, in my eyes anyway, was well within her rights to say what she said...

For the record, I am a good-sized guy (about 270-275 pounds) who happens to like big beautiful voluptuous women (heck, I married one LOL)...does this mean that I have some built-in dislike for slender/slim/fit women? Are you kidding? I am a man, with good to decent eyesight...if I find a woman attractive, no matter WHAT size she may be, then I will tell her...my own dating preference, however, is for voluptous women...always has been...

I think the thing here, was that Gym Rat shares a rather obnoxious trait with a lot of other people...that is, he believes he can say something like that to that woman, and because of her size, she's supposed to just fold up and cry and run away, and not have any pride or self esteem? He's just lucky he didn't run into my wife, or any of her friends, or some of my female relatives (of ALL shapes and sizes, mind you)...had he said that to THEM, he'd be looking in the phone book for a good dentist, because he and his teeth would have been forcibly separated...

Moral? You can't say just anything to anybody, and because of societal stereotypes, expect them not to respond...just because she was large, doesn't mean she shouldn't have an opinion, or pride in herself
i guess i see ur point but it was my OPINION (<---- key word there) and it was a JOKE maybe not the funniest or most kind but i wasnt being serious and btw on ur "dating preference" i thought u stated that u were married?

Old 05-10-2011, 11:02 AM

3,573 posts, read 6,474,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by artsyguy View Post
Very, very true, Artsy.

Old 05-10-2011, 11:04 AM

4,941 posts, read 8,326,170 times
Quote:
I'm not a fan of "heavy set" or "rotund" rhinos but I do agree with you that they covertly wanted to insult the overweight girl which is absolutely cruel to do so at a social gathering. It shows how boring and vapid their own lives are.
Quote:
Yep!

Old 05-10-2011, 11:06 AM

3,573 posts, read 6,474,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by prettygirlracing View Post
i guess i see ur point but it was my OPINION (<---- key word there) and it was a JOKE maybe not the funniest or most kind but i wasnt being serious and btw on ur "dating preference" i thought u stated that u were married?
Yeah, I don't get your type of jokes but whatever. Karma has a way of kicking you in the azz so who knows what will happen in your life.

I don't get people like you that think it's ok to laugh at someone's discomfort or think it's funny to cruelly joke with people.

Old 05-10-2011, 11:41 AM

8,518 posts, read 15,641,873 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron. View Post
Some buddies and myself got together today and went to BW3 to grab some wings. We wanted to watch the hockey game.

One of my buddies saw a group of gals that he works with. He's been trying to "hook" one of our other buddies up with one of the gals that was with the group of gals.

My buddy that was playing as the facilitator never mentioned to our buddy that the gal was very full figured. He does not like FF women. He's a true gym rat. Hell, he only ordered salad and a plain chicken breast and water,anyway....

He(gym rat) told my buddy(the facilitator) that there would be no chance in a romantic connection due in part to her size. The facilitator.........went and told the gal EXACTLY what our buddy said.

The gals reply was: "what's the problem, he can't handle a real women?"

Question: Is there a direct correlation between being full figured and being more of a women than non full figured women? I've heard full figured women say that before. Is that a self esteem issue?
No, the problem was that the facilitator was an idiot for telling the woman EXACTLY what your buddy said. There was no reason him to explain why your friend wasn't interested. Imagine if some woman came up to you and said her friend isn't attracted to you because she thinks you're fat and ugly. Wouldn't that offend you? Her "real woman" response was obviously meant to knock him down a few pegs. I'll never understand why people can't reject others and still leave them with a little dignity. I would never tell a FF woman that I rejected her because of her weight, even if it were true.

Old 05-11-2011, 10:03 AM

53 posts, read 54,610 times
Quote:
Yeah, I don't get your type of jokes but whatever. Karma has a way of kicking you in the azz so who knows what will happen in your life.

I don't get people like you that think it's ok to laugh at someone's discomfort or think it's funny to cruelly joke with people.
okay....? and im not worried bout karma or it kickin me in the azz. and yeah who knows what will happen in my life but im sure its gonna be alright in the end.

i dont laugh at others discomfort but i merely giggle at insecurity. every1 should b comfortable in their own skin.for those who pity themselves really deserve the comments that are made.

BTW wat about that ? of mine. r u married or r do u lie?

Old 05-11-2011, 10:08 AM

8,011 posts, read 8,208,250 times
Quote:
okay....? and im not worried bout karma or it kickin me in the azz. and yeah who knows what will happen in my life but im sure its gonna be alright in the end.

i dont laugh at others discomfort but i merely giggle at insecurity. every1 should b comfortable in their own skin.for those who pity themselves really deserve the comments that are made.
This type of mentality is an insecurity within itself.

Old 05-11-2011, 10:28 AM

1,781 posts, read 2,681,678 times
Lightbulb And On The Other Hand...

Quote:

BTW wat about that ? of mine. r u married or r do u lie?
Yes, I'm married...happily at that...and one thing I DON'T do is lie...I made that remark about preference to make a point in the conversation, to wit, I prefer to date and/or marry voluptuous women, with no disrespect intended toward their slender sisters...fair enough?

Also---'those who pity themselves really deserve the comments that are made'? You're kidding, right?

Because when those that are 'commented on' decide to fight back (i.e. cuss out the 'commentor' or worse) then the folks who are making the comments try to feign innocence, and go 'what did I say?'...then it should sink in---you can say just about anything you want to someone, but be fully prepared for that person's reaction if they don't like what you said
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships