Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-24-2011, 08:33 AM

2,013 posts, read 3,546,641 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron. View Post
I find it funny how people always go from one extreme to the next. If you're not full figured, that does not mean you're a "stick figure". A lot of fat women are not curvy, they are more like Coke Bottles.....2 liters.

You must be fat?
What I am is none of your concern. No where in my post have I mentioned fat women, but I mentioned curves which both slender and thick women do have. I don't know a lot of fat women personally, so I trust your judgement on that most of them don't have curves.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-24-2011, 08:36 AM

222 posts, read 419,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
Yes. It was a face-saving obnoxious thing said by someone feeling rejected.

That being said, the guy who told her to her face word-for-word why his friend wasn't interested is a complete d-bag. Learn some freakin' manners.
This is the answer.

Old 04-24-2011, 08:36 AM

13,511 posts, read 19,272,815 times
I guess when a woman feels shes been insulted , she figures a real man wouldn't do that.,thus her statement that he can't handle a "real woman".....The facilitator should really be called the instigator, cause he's obviously creating problems where none would have existed.

Old 04-24-2011, 09:04 AM

3,573 posts, read 6,472,923 times
Quote:

That being said, the guy who told her to her face word-for-word why his friend wasn't interested is a complete d-bag. Learn some freakin' manners.
This ^^^ and then you guys wonder why you're single....Jeez.

Old 04-24-2011, 10:23 AM

10,172 posts, read 20,774,863 times
Her reply was either an act of self confidence, or a defensive reaction. Either way, she was completely justified and handled herself with dignity. Unlike the a-hole who went out of his way to tell her something she never asked for.

Old 04-24-2011, 10:30 AM

3,573 posts, read 6,472,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolhand68 View Post
Her reply was either an act of self confidence, or a defensive reaction. Either way, she was completely justified and handled herself with dignity. Unlike the a-hole who went out of his way to tell her something she never asked for.
Very true on what you said. Ron, instead of asking the question about what the woman said, why don't you question what type of friends you hang around. Your friend was so out of line and I think he got his little thrill there.

Who would set up a heavy set woman with an athletic man? No one. So I think you're little man of a friend did that to get a kick and was an instigator. He wanted to hurt the woman but she had a comeback answer to save face from your friend and her friends. I'm sure, though, she's hurting inside on what your friend said.

So you and your friends can giggle about what she said....

Old 04-24-2011, 11:07 AM

24,645 posts, read 38,639,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antlered Chamataka View Post
A majority of men agree fat women can still be super gorgeous, except if he lets his aestheticism be defined by the gay men who dominate the fashion industry.
Yes. I totally agree. I just met a woman who is one of the most beautiful I have ever seen. She is really big, however/though, and I wonder how she is seen by guys who really do downgrade a woman's attractiveness because of her weight.

Quote:
However, I have never heard women say or perceive fat men to be more attractive than a guy who is fit and in shape.

I think it's the fat men who lose more.
I agree with this too, especially the bolded, BUT.......you are not acknowledging the possibility that overweight men can be fit and in shape.

Old 04-24-2011, 11:42 AM

946 posts, read 2,917,991 times
When someone mentions a "real" woman in regards to size, it's refering to the fact that a fuller figured woman is more of the norm, the average. Also, "curves" are supposed to be what makes a woman a woman. But women come in all shapes and sizes so it has nothing to do with being more of a woman or not. A lot of girls are extra-sensitive about their weight and will throw out those "Oh I have curves and I'm more of a real woman than you..." comments.

Old 04-24-2011, 12:49 PM

19,697 posts, read 20,225,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolhand68 View Post
Defensive reaction.

--
I don't know that more fat or curves makes a woman more "womanly", though I guess it's probably easier to tell it's a woman from further away if you are not wearing your glasses, especially if she has long hair or is carrying a purse or baby.

Old 04-24-2011, 01:04 PM

52,208 posts, read 52,636,749 times
Quote:

I agree completely, that was no class in opinion. Getting a little weary of people's BS lately.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships