Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-28-2011, 03:12 PM

5,126 posts, read 7,409,420 times

Advertisements

There is an unspoken aspect of first impressions.

Most of us believe that people are on their best behavior on a first date. So if a man or woman isn't gracious on a first date, then what does that say about the future?

If you don't get that right, chances are there won't be a second date!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-28-2011, 03:15 PM

5,126 posts, read 7,409,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattB4 View Post
Reasonable women think? Learn something new every day.
With your attitude, I hope you are not dating. It will only lead to despair, disappointment, and eventually throwing yourself off a bridge.

Old 04-28-2011, 03:17 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,165,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattB4 View Post
Reasonable women think? Learn something new every day.
I don't get it...
Oopsie! Tee hee! (all done while twirling hair with finger)

Old 04-28-2011, 03:20 PM

3,261 posts, read 5,304,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Vanderburgh View Post
Oh well. Opportunity costs are everywhere.
Yes they are.

So what's the opportunity cost of leaving the pants party?

Old 04-28-2011, 03:48 PM

1,561 posts, read 2,204,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shooting Stars View Post
With your attitude, I hope you are not dating. It will only lead to despair, disappointment, and eventually throwing yourself off a bridge.

What attitude do you think I have? From my side of the monitor I am neither filled with despair nor disappointment. Though throwing myself of a bridge (bungee cord attached) sounds like it would be fun. I am a bit old for such things but I am still up for it. It sounds like a great special first date.

Old 04-28-2011, 03:54 PM

1,321 posts, read 2,107,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robee70 View Post
Yes they are.

So what's the opportunity cost of leaving the pants party?
Umm...not being at the pants party anymore?

I have to admit, I didn't do as well in economics classes as I did in some of the others.

Old 04-28-2011, 04:34 PM

6,548 posts, read 7,278,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by darrensmooth View Post
and it begs the question...and what are YOU going to do to impress the man?...answer...'nothing just look pretty, afterall he is lucky enough to be here with me..' thats how some women think...SOME not all but quite a few
Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanJP View Post
I've never been asked out by a woman. It would be extremely interesting, and chances are that I would say yes (I hate that I'm expected to do it 99% of the time)
DarrenSmooth and JordanJP,
If you ever have plans to visit an Asian country, let me know, I’ll hook you up so you can have a “different cultural experience” .

ShootingStars and Robee70,
So what do you do for your guy on the first date to impress him?

Quote:
Secondly, you never get a second chance to make a first impression. If you would just stop worrying about what the other side should or shouldn't do, and concentrate on making the best effort, you may wind up pleasantly surprised
Goes both ways. Women should stop worrying if the guy used a coupon or not, got a discount or not, took you to grab a burger or for some caviar and champagne, etc. Be glad a guy asked you out and all you had to do was say yes.

And women say guys talk about money when all these rules that have been posted on how a guy should spend money on women comes from women: he should tip good to show me he’s nice, he should not use coupons, he should spend this way, he should spend that way, etc.

Old 04-28-2011, 05:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Vanderburgh View Post
Umm...not being at the pants party anymore?

I have to admit, I didn't do as well in economics classes as I did in some of the others.
Well, uhmmm, yeah.... I guess.

Admittedly my imagination got the best of me and I was expecting you to say "stopping all the goings-on at the pants party ".

Doesn't sound like there's all that much going on.

Last edited by robee70; 04-28-2011 at 05:42 PM.. Reason: sp.

Old 04-28-2011, 05:12 PM

17,869 posts, read 20,994,484 times
Quote:
Well, uhmmm, yeah.... I guess.

admittedly my imagination got the best of me and I was expecting you to say "stopping all the goings-on at the pants party ". Doesn't sound like there's all that much going on.
There's always something going on at the pants party.

I was there once. I was the guy hanging up all the coats.

Old 04-28-2011, 05:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by onihC View Post

Goes both ways. Women should stop worrying if the guy used a coupon or not, got a discount or not, took you to grab a burger or for some caviar and champagne, etc. Be glad a guy asked you out and all you had to do was say yes.
My first date with my husband was a dinner at an inexpensive boardwalk cafe followed by walking & talking til dawn on the beach. We were in our 20's and if God forbid I was to ever be dating again, it still sounds like an ideal first date to me. However, if he would have pulled out a clipped coupon or started mentally adding up how much each dish cost,, I don't think there would have been a second date.

I would never say yes to a first date with a man if I didn't want to get to know them better. However, they aren't doing me a favor by asking me out any more than I am doing them a favor by accepting.

Quote:
And women say guys talk about money when all these rules that have been posted on how a guy should spend money on women comes from women: he should tip good to show me he’s nice, he should not use coupons, he should spend this way, he should spend that way, etc.
Actually, chivalry is best taught from father to son.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships