Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-27-2011, 01:17 PM

4,868 posts, read 8,409,410 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by onihC View Post
It is what people call the initial/beginning stages that can last months or years. After that women might consider doing something for their guy. I rather see nice gestures right off the bat from the beginning that being put on hold for a certain amount of time.

That’s right. That’s what I think when women say they take the initiative, do the asking, take a guy out, etc. which actually means MAKING the guy take the initiative, do the asking, etc. It seems to be what most women prefer to do. Or women may take the initiative to tell a man to ask her out “Heeey! You haven’t called me in a while!” kind of thing instead of her picking up the phone to take the initiative to call him and take him out. No hints, no indirect messages, no making him do something, etc. Simply calling him and something as simple as “Hey! You busy? No? there’s this place I am sure you will enjoy. Let me make a reservation. I’ll pick you up at X time. It’s on me…”

Most women just don’t.

Maybe there won’t be any more so called “rules” and girls will finally start to take the initiative and ask men out as much as men do.
Lol, I've never met a guy who likes me to take those types of initiatives that early on. Later on, they love it though, obviously. But I do make nice gestures from the beginning. I think I'm pleasant enough and I don't order the most expensive thing on the menu, unless he's an as* that I'm never planning to see again, which hasn't happened in 4 years. That and I dont play games, I'm pretty straight with guys about where I stand with them. I Think that's enough to ask in the beginning.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-27-2011, 04:58 PM

6,548 posts, read 7,277,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mir86 View Post
Lol, I've never met a guy who likes me to take those types of initiatives that early on. Later on, they love it though, obviously
You won’t know until you try. If you know guys will love it, why make them wait as they are put through beginning/initial stages? And just like everything, you’ll have success and failure. Guys go through that all the time. Later on after a man is put through the initial/beginning stages (months or years), maybe you’ll consider taking the initiative, right? Whatever rocks your boat.

People operate differently. I like a different kind of girl, different kind of customs, a bit different from what I see in the west. But that’s just me. We all have our preferences.

Quote:
I think I'm pleasant enough and I don't order the most expensive thing on the menu, unless he's an as* that I'm never planning to see again
Imagine that a guy thinks a girl is an ass and just shags her since he’s not planning to see her again, not nice, right?

Old 04-27-2011, 05:02 PM

17,869 posts, read 20,992,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mir86 View Post
Lol, I've never met a guy who likes me to take those types of initiatives that early on. Later on, they love it though, obviously. But I do make nice gestures from the beginning. I think I'm pleasant enough and I don't order the most expensive thing on the menu, unless he's an as* that I'm never planning to see again, which hasn't happened in 4 years. That and I dont play games, I'm pretty straight with guys about where I stand with them. I Think that's enough to ask in the beginning.
you know I've never worried what my date has ordered. I've always said "Order what you want, as much as you want." If a girl can eat, she should eat until full.

But when my dates order just a side salad, it kind of ticks me off. We both were OK on the date and time and where, and we both should be hungry. If you order a side salad, you make me look like an a** because it makes me look cheap or worse when I'm ordering the steak and everything else.

Old 04-27-2011, 05:13 PM

6,548 posts, read 7,277,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince_Frog View Post
you know I've never worried what my date has ordered. I've always said "Order what you want, as much as you want." If a girl can eat, she should eat until full.

But when my dates order just a side salad, it kind of ticks me off. We both were OK on the date and time and where, and we both should be hungry. If you order a side salad, you make me look like an a** because it makes me look cheap or worse when I'm ordering the steak and everything else.
When girls take me out for dinner, I order what I feel like. I don't have a big appetite so its not like I order the biggest plate out there. I am in the middle or below when it comes to appetite. Don't want my girl to just order a glass of water either when I take her out. Just order what you like and enjoy. Why go home hungry when you can enjoy a nice dinner with someone?

Old 04-27-2011, 05:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by onihC View Post
When girls take me out for dinner, I order what I feel like. I don't have a big appetite so its not like I order the biggest plate out there. I am in the middle or below when it comes to appetite. Don't want my girl to just order a glass of water either when I take her out. Just order what you like and enjoy. Why go home hungry when you can enjoy a nice dinner with someone?
It's comparisons.

If a couple was taking in the scenery, and they saw me with this nice porterhouse, baked potato and a salad, then saw her with just a mini salad, what would you think?

I have no problem with her if they ordered a smaller, less expensive meal. The point is, is to eat and get full while getting to know someone, or to enjoy each others company while having a nice meal.

Old 04-27-2011, 05:24 PM

3,663 posts, read 8,664,286 times
Absolutely, why not, a lot of guys are too shy to ask a girl out. What's the worst that could happen? They say no, big deal, move on.

Old 04-27-2011, 05:35 PM

12,671 posts, read 23,804,334 times
Quote:

Make sure you both bring coupons and negotiate/haggle.

Old 04-27-2011, 05:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas User View Post
Make sure you both bring coupons and negotiate/haggle.
Yeah I've never done any of that.

But, If a guy brought coupons to spend on a date, would women mind?

Old 04-27-2011, 05:41 PM

3,663 posts, read 8,664,286 times
Quote:
Yeah I've never done any of that.

But, If a guy brought coupons to spend on a date, would women mind?
No, with the economy the way it is, coupons are a good thing.

Old 04-27-2011, 05:46 PM

5,126 posts, read 7,408,573 times
There is also the bestselling book "He's Just Not That Into You" that was authored by a man and woman. He advised that most men don't like being asked out, and that they will ask you if they're interested.

So ... even if some guy feels differently on this forum, you've got advice like that out there that's sold tons of copies.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships