Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-25-2011, 12:36 PM

1,298 posts, read 2,238,837 times

Advertisements

I read alot about women who are alone and want to be in relationships, I was alone fro quite sometime before my domestic relationship that I am now in. A year to be exact.

Alone on a saturday night? That's cool. Why? You say? Because you're choosing to stay in for the night, re-charge your batteries, watch some movies, do something for you, whatever it is YOU like to do, and think of the money your saving...write in your journal, email a friend you've been neglecting...get up early, go to church, take a walk, have brunch with your mom...

The point I'm trying to get across is to KNOW yourself, concentrate on you and your surroundings. Get your life in order so when you do meet the right one, you can concentrate on the relationship.

Anybody else have some reasons why its GOOD to be alone?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-25-2011, 12:50 PM

986 posts, read 1,666,460 times
Not sharing the bed...not listening to another person snore...not having to adjust the AC based on the other person's preferences.

I also enjoy my "alone" time. There's nothing like a little peace and quiet after a long workday.

Old 04-25-2011, 12:55 PM

19,012 posts, read 29,724,589 times
1. Fling my undies to some corner of the living room, and get to the coffee maker on the counter top, make hazelnut coffee in the buff

Old 04-25-2011, 01:04 PM

1,133 posts, read 2,283,547 times
Not dealing with your significant other's annoying friends, disapproving parents, or clingy ex's.

Focusing on your own life and goals, and not worrying about where it will take you.

Old 04-25-2011, 01:21 PM

16,579 posts, read 20,712,881 times
Not having to consult or compromise on making decisions--big or small. You just get to decide and do it.

Old 04-25-2011, 01:40 PM

2,725 posts, read 5,190,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by round4 View Post
I read alot about women who are alone and want to be in relationships, I was alone fro quite sometime before my domestic relationship that I am now in. A year to be exact.

Alone on a saturday night? That's cool. Why? You say? Because you're choosing to stay in for the night, re-charge your batteries, watch some movies, do something for you, whatever it is YOU like to do, and think of the money your saving...write in your journal, email a friend you've been neglecting...get up early, go to church, take a walk, have brunch with your mom...

The point I'm trying to get across is to KNOW yourself, concentrate on you and your surroundings. Get your life in order so when you do meet the right one, you can concentrate on the relationship.

Anybody else have some reasons why its GOOD to be alone?
Good post.

I chose to be alone for a while for the simple reason that I did not know how to be a good friend and knew it. It was better to just stop contact to avoid burning bridges because of my bad manners and attitude. Once I figured out what I was doing wrong, I went back to the social "scene". Now I have incredible friends but maybe because I know how to be a great friend.

For short term loneliness, I like to read, think, create, exercise and reflect. Oh, yes, and write those thank you letters.

Old 04-25-2011, 04:36 PM

17,869 posts, read 20,996,352 times
That's great and all, but I don't like to be alone.

After knowing what it feels like to have someone there with you to share some common interests, and do other things, it really helps me get through bad times. Hell, just having that special someone sleeping in the same bed as I helped me sleep at night.

Old 04-25-2011, 04:37 PM

25,901 posts, read 42,706,825 times
Everything is where you left it.

Old 04-25-2011, 04:40 PM

37,617 posts, read 46,006,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlow View Post
Not having to consult or compromise on making decisions--big or small. You just get to decide and do it.
THIS! I like not having to account for my time to anyone. I want to go out of town for a night or two - I go. I want to plan a trip with my son - I do it. I want to stay home and be a slug for the entire weekend...I can. Life is much less complicated with no significant other...that is for sure.

Old 04-25-2011, 06:52 PM

2,163 posts, read 4,341,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
THIS! I like not having to account for my time to anyone. I want to go out of town for a night or two - I go. I want to plan a trip with my son - I do it. I want to stay home and be a slug for the entire weekend...I can. Life is much less complicated with no significant other...that is for sure.
Exactly! It's so nice to be able to do what I want, when I want.

Traveling with someone else can be a real challenge.

I'm currently trying to plan a long weekend trip with a girl friend of mine and she's driving me up a freakin' wall. At least when I was dating my last boyfriend I could just plan everything and he didn't complain. As long as he got what he wanted out of the trip he didn't care what sights we saw Still, I have a much more relaxing time on vacations when I go alone.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships