Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-27-2011, 09:05 PM

19,012 posts, read 29,720,562 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yzette View Post
Actually, castrato. My bad.
LMAO I just love you

Yzette for secretary of state
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-27-2011, 09:46 PM

9,408 posts, read 13,739,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SifuPhil View Post
Only as a spectator, never a participant. I signed onto eHarmony many moons ago and stayed about a week - too artificial for my tastes. Too clunky. I do my best work up-close and personal. But I understand the allure of it for so many.
Bleh, what allure do these sites have...

"Hi, my name is MizzBigTitties and I am a Pisces interested in a Scorpio man with means. I like eating poached salmon with blue cheese, traveling on the Riviera and I need a man who will support my Manolo Blahnik addiction. Oh and no short men with small winkies may reply".

Old 04-28-2011, 06:34 AM

12,940 posts, read 21,622,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Djuna View Post
Bleh, what allure do these sites have...

"Hi, my name is MizzBigTitties and I am a Pisces interested in a Scorpio man with means. I like eating poached salmon with blue cheese, traveling on the Riviera and I need a man who will support my Manolo Blahnik addiction. Oh and no short men with small winkies may reply".
That's the allure, right there.

If it weren't for the "means" and "winkies" parts I might still be trying...

Old 04-28-2011, 04:57 PM

78,416 posts, read 60,593,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
I see. Thanks. No, I'm not in the habit of doing that.
Um....yeah.....you would need some additional equipment to do that.

Old 04-28-2011, 05:03 PM

78,416 posts, read 60,593,823 times
Quote:
That's too bad. You'd think having to pay for their words would shut 'em up, but apparently guys who pizz, moan, whine, and complain about women are not confined to City-Data.

Ye gods, whenever I read or hear a man whimpering like some kind of sniveling castrati, I thank my lucky stars that I have a man who is firmly grounded in reality--the reality being that poopie happens so shut the flock up and get on with your life.
So, Katie whining about the men she is seeing via online dating.....and you find a way to pile on about whining men? Ever read her other posts? Bwah ha ha ha ha you are in for a treat.

Ever experienced on-line dating? Complaining about the dregs which you WILL meet is like complaining about water being wet.

I had a MARRIED woman living in a trailer with 3 kids and about 7 teeth hit on me via online dating....but at least she be separated. I could go on and on about the crap I met on-line dating lol....but oh wait, that would be whining. BUT it would be the fault of the women here on city data....somehow using twisted logic.

Old 04-28-2011, 05:10 PM

4,098 posts, read 7,107,360 times
Default Some guys needs to grow a pair of balls and quit whining

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveBoating View Post
Boy, we sure can tell that you AREN'T the sensitive type! And, if I was single, of which I'm sure glad I'm NOT, I'd say "No swearing!" (especially what you wrote). Doesn't show a lot of maturity to me! You've got some hangups as well girl........better look at them before bashing the men!!
Hi Loveboating,

Something you should know about this poster, she isn't happy unless she has a six pack of beer in each hand. She has also stated she won't date a guy that doesn't drink a lot of beer. Knowing a few things about her makes it easier to understand her posts...

Old 04-28-2011, 05:14 PM

5,706 posts, read 9,630,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KatieCountrycm View Post
Seriously, OMFG. Im on an online dating site
That alone nullifies any and all of your complaints.

Old 04-28-2011, 08:38 PM

8,679 posts, read 15,269,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
So, Katie whining about the men she is seeing via online dating.....and you find a way to pile on about whining men? Ever read her other posts? Bwah ha ha ha ha you are in for a treat.
No, I don't believe I have, and if I have, I don't remember the screen name. I'm not on here as much as I used to be. Just too swamped. But even so, I try to make my own assessments of people over time, and refrain from writing anyone off for good unless they've proven themselves to be total holes.

Quote:
Ever experienced on-line dating? Complaining about the dregs which you WILL meet is like complaining about water being wet.
I tried it after my divorce. That is why I agree with the OP's assessment of them. Oh, there were a few good men with whom I just didn't click, but there were quite a few social rejects, which is why I stopped using those services. I figured that if I wanted to deal with idiots, I could get that for free on MySpace, which was the hot thing at the time.

Quote:
I had a MARRIED woman living in a trailer with 3 kids and about 7 teeth hit on me via online dating....but at least she be separated. I could go on and on about the crap I met on-line dating lol....but oh wait, that would be whining. BUT it would be the fault of the women here on city data....somehow using twisted logic.
Oh, believe me. I know there are just as many crazy women on there as there are crazy men.

BUT--and there is always a "but"--I have never seen so much bitterness, anger, sexism, and utter ignorance about women amassed in one public space as I have seen on C-D. Lots of good guys here, but ye gods, the man-children threaten to overpower them just by sheer number.

Old 04-28-2011, 08:42 PM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 59,016,245 times
Quote:
No, I don't believe I have, and if I have, I don't remember the screen name. I'm not on here as much as I used to be. Just too swamped. But even so, I try to make my own assessments of people over time, and refrain from writing anyone off for good unless they've proven themselves to be total holes.

I tried it after my divorce. That is why I agree with the OP's assessment of them. Oh, there were a few good men with whom I just didn't click, but there were quite a few social rejects, which is why I stopped using those services. I figured that if I wanted to deal with idiots, I could get that for free on MySpace, which was the hot thing at the time.

Oh, believe me. I know there are just as many crazy women on there as there are crazy men.

BUT--and there is always a "but"--I have never seen so much bitterness, anger, sexism, and utter ignorance about women amassed in one public space as I have seen on C-D. Lots of good guys here, but ye gods, the man-children threaten to overpower them just by sheer number.

Because some men are fed up with woman's BS. I learned not to care and would rather use women for affection

Old 04-28-2011, 08:46 PM

8,679 posts, read 15,269,059 times
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
Because some men are fed up with woman's BS. I learned not to care and would rather use women for affection
Ladies and gentlemen of the jury, I present Exhibit A. ^^^^

TV, I don't rag on you a tenth as much as others on C-D have, but I'll be honest and say that the way you describe your dating scenarios on here makes you come across as a bit wet behind the ears in terms of social graces. And if you aren't, then you make bad choices about who you ask out--which is no one's fault but yours.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships