Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-27-2011, 08:36 PM

3,360 posts, read 8,388,646 times

Advertisements

Marry a woman who loves sex and you won't have this issue. In my experience, most women I've known have had by far the higher sex drive than their husbands, especially after 35 or 40. And if you feel kids ruin marital sex, don't burden yourself with them. And if you choose to have kids, don't complain your sex life went down the drain. It usually does once children enter the equation. Not always... but usually.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-27-2011, 09:13 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,150,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulysses61 View Post
Marry a woman who loves sex and you won't have this issue.
If you're not loved and supported, it doesn't matter if you love sex per se or not. You may very well still love it - just not with a jerk.

Old 04-27-2011, 09:18 PM

3,261 posts, read 5,304,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
If you're not loved and supported, it doesn't matter if you love sex per se or not. You may very well still love it - just not with a jerk.
This can't be said enough and it's true for every woman I know.

Old 04-28-2011, 04:46 AM

22,284 posts, read 21,722,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrettWeir View Post
A friend of mine suggested that as you lie in bed with your wife, just as she is about to fall asleep you start doing the five fingered knuckle shuffle to the point of rattling the bed. She will ultimately give it up because her options are limited at that point. Help a brother out. Im only gettin it twice a week.
I must be dense but I do not understand this statement. Are you referring to jacking off so vigorously that you wake up the wife and she can't go back to sleep until she satisfies you? Hm...

If that were me I can assure you that I would have several options, and not one of them would be "giving it up."

Old 04-28-2011, 05:42 AM
Itz

714 posts, read 2,199,023 times
you want your wife to "give up" the nookie? Many people have made some fabulous suggestions. Women just don't walk into the bedroom ready for nookie.. When kids are in the picture.. do you think a woman feels sexy as she comes home to get dinner on the table for you and the screaming kids.. Only to hear the "Give me sexd" routine. Then she needs to make sure that the kids homework is done, the dishes are done, things are ready for in the morning - all the while the husband in some cases (not all) goes about his hobbies/tv watching.. then night comes along.. and your concern is to get her to give it up?

of course this is generallys peaking and if you actually listen to MANY MANY women they will tell you this same story over and over... They don't feel sexy or cherished or appreciated and its one more "chore" they need to do.

If you really CARE.. help her out.. tell her how wonderful she is, take her out on a date... Will it happen over night - no.. but you will notice a marked improvement in your love life.

Old 04-28-2011, 11:24 AM

3,588 posts, read 5,728,171 times
To capture your objective, you must plan to be relaxed and alone with your wife for a whole weekend. If you just plan just one night away, the poor woman is probably so exhausted, all she'll probably want to do is sleep. Friday through Sunday afternoon gives you the best shot at her being amenable to some sweet lovin') Yes, you will have to arrange for a weekend babysitter for the kids. Yes, you'll have arrange a getaway to a place she would enjoy (don't take her to a luxury hotel if she's a rustic cabin kinda girl)

Old 04-28-2011, 12:43 PM

6,548 posts, read 7,277,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by darrensmooth View Post
Oh if only it could be that simple...sigh
Lol I know, huh? I was just challenging men with that line that it’s not just helping clean the house and that’s it. An atmosphere has to be created as well. Also said how, for women, its not just have sex to get something out of it (marital prostitution).

I believe foreplay does not start at night in the bedroom. Foreplay starts with that kiss on your spouse’s forehead as you wake up to go to work without anything sexual to it. A call during the day to tell your spouse something sweet and just a brief chat about how things are looking at work. A hidden silly love note on his/her car’s windshield. And so on. That is how I see it. And not just from man to woman but also from woman to man.

Old 04-28-2011, 02:40 PM

538 posts, read 1,521,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MovedfromFL View Post
Having to play juvenile games is not my idea of romance.

This thread makes me sad because I get NONE of the nice gestures that everyone mentioned. In fact, he refuses to help in the evenings and says "I work all day." Then he waits until I finally have the kids in bed and plop down, exhausted and drained, and says "I didn't get married to not have sex!" "I have needs" blah blah blah

Sorry, but I don't want to jump in bed with someone who has forced me to emotionally distance myself from them. I feel like I should just charge $50 or something!
Sorry to add insult to injury, but I get home from work, take both very young kids, make dinner, clean up dinner, put both kids to bed, clean up the house so that it's spotless for my wife the next day, and I insist my wife goes out to see her friends, go shopping, get some alone time.

Old 04-28-2011, 04:00 PM

1,413 posts, read 3,231,682 times
If you wife's "nookie" is fool proof....there's your answer to why you aren't getting any.

Old 04-28-2011, 07:13 PM

1,382 posts, read 3,800,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonata36 View Post
Sorry to add insult to injury, but I get home from work, take both very young kids, make dinner, clean up dinner, put both kids to bed, clean up the house so that it's spotless for my wife the next day, and I insist my wife goes out to see her friends, go shopping, get some alone time.
'

That's because you are a man, not a boy.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships