Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-02-2011, 01:54 PM

8,518 posts, read 15,636,187 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaltHowe View Post
Your whole answer is "one assumption after another assumption". You notice? WHOA MAN, back down a sec, re-read what you just wrote.
Quote:
People as a general rule or common sense wise don't go turn off their profile when looking to meet others and there are enough men who MIGHT write to a woman who looked at his profile or they might NOT write to a lonely, overweight, neurotic woman who is covering herself up with a heavily made up just out of the hairstylist picture from three years ago.
There are no assumptions in my post. There are plenty in yours however. First, you assume that just because you can only see 6 of the 7 people who've viewed your profile, it must mean that the 7th person is blocking you. I offered an alternative explanation which is that their profile is merely turned off. Second, you assume that people who have their profile turned off aren't looking to meet anyone. But how do you know? What if the person wasn't actively looking to meet anyone. But one day, they were bored or feeling a little lonely so they decided to just take a quick look to see if anyone caught their interest?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-03-2011, 12:48 AM

369 posts, read 617,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DennyCrane View Post
There are no assumptions in my post. There are plenty in yours however. First, you assume that just because you can only see 6 of the 7 people who've viewed your profile, it must mean that the 7th person is blocking you. I offered an alternative explanation which is that their profile is merely turned off. Second, you assume that people who have their profile turned off aren't looking to meet anyone. But how do you know? What if the person wasn't actively looking to meet anyone. But one day, they were bored or feeling a little lonely so they decided to just take a quick look to see if anyone caught their interest?
Well I'm not the one who gets worked up about people making assumptions. You do. So I reserve the right to make assumptions while you on the other hand...................You did it again with the post I'm quoting from.

Old 05-03-2011, 12:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrmlyBklyn View Post
Where are you hanging out - Christopher Street?
Yeah, yeah Christopher Street. Dig that, Christopher Street. Come on down, say hello to me here at Christopher Street

Old 05-03-2011, 01:16 AM

Since I'm just a transplanted New Yorker as my friend revealed, I take it that Christopher Street must be the part of town that is most religiously Christian since Boro Park is the part of town that is most religiously Jewish.

Was I right about that?

Old 05-03-2011, 07:22 AM

Quote:
Well I'm not the one who gets worked up about people making assumptions. You do. So I reserve the right to make assumptions while you on the other hand...................You did it again with the post I'm quoting from.
You're the one getting worked up, not me. You're the one who jumps to the conclusion that if someone views your profile but doesn't have theirs visible then it must mean they're blocking you. You're the one who makes a big deal out of the fact that some people might temporarily turn off their profiles but still search through profiles every now and then. So while you're free to make assumptions, you might want to ask yourself why you're so quick to assume the worst. As for me making assumptions, nice try. You haven't shown where I'm making any.

Old 05-03-2011, 08:43 AM

2,942 posts, read 6,005,152 times
Quote:
Since I'm just a transplanted New Yorker as my friend revealed, I take it that Christopher Street must be the part of town that is most religiously Christian since Boro Park is the part of town that is most religiously Jewish.

Was I right about that?
Not even close. Transplanted huh? into what? The Underground?

Come out of your shell - you really need to get out more! Jeez!!

Old 05-03-2011, 12:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DennyCrane View Post
You're the one getting worked up, not me. You're the one who jumps to the conclusion that if someone views your profile but doesn't have theirs visible then it must mean they're blocking you. You're the one who makes a big deal out of the fact that some people might temporarily turn off their profiles but still search through profiles every now and then. So while you're free to make assumptions, you might want to ask yourself why you're so quick to assume the worst. As for me making assumptions, nice try. You haven't shown where I'm making any.
Whoa! You're making me dizzy. Arguing with you is like arguing with a woman. You come on like a two ton truck...........Know what, it's not worth arguing with you so I'm gonna pass. My words in my posts stand to make my points..............Sit down, call your girlfriend, have a piece of Godiva.

Old 05-03-2011, 12:19 PM

Quote:
Whoa! You're making me dizzy. Arguing with you is like arguing with a woman. You come on like a two ton truck...........Know what, it's not worth arguing with you so I'm gonna pass. My words in my posts stand to make my points..............Sit down, call your girlfriend, have a piece of Godiva.
No, you just can't defend your previous statements so now you've resorting to saying I argue like a woman. Your previous points don't stand because you've failed to support them. And pretending to take the high road won't change that.

Old 05-03-2011, 03:15 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,156,959 times
Quote:

Was I right about that?
LOL!!! Um... sure... Christopher Street is where all the religious Christians hang out. Their biggest church is called the Duplex. LOL!

Old 05-03-2011, 03:58 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,156,959 times
Quote:

Was I right about that?
Now that I've had my laugh about Christoper Street... You are obviously new to New York - and yet you start a thread about how picky the women are? Geez Louise! A little quick to judge, aren't we? Exactly how long have you been living in New York City? And where did you move from?

You also have to understand that most people move to New York for the same few reasons - job, school, or atmosphere. Most women do not move to New York looking to get married. They move here for college, career, or to be a part of the big apple. The women here are smart, educated, talented, motivated, and usually, fit. Yes - most women do want love and companionship - but their whole goal isn't getting married, settling down, and having someone take care of them. If that is the type of woman you are looking for - then you need to find a small town somewhere where people don't leave, they just settle down close to their families.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships