Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-29-2011, 08:25 AM

12,974 posts, read 33,953,056 times

Advertisements

Its almost ALWAYS flattering when someone hits on you. Be they male, female, ugly, old, young, etc. Everyone wants to be found attractive by someone else. The only time I can remember not being flattered was when a super flaming gay crossdressing dude/chick said "OMG, you are sooo cute, whats your name? You want to have some fun?". I as like "Dude you better get the eff away from me!!".

Again, I think the only ones who really may get mad are attractive women who dont find the guy attractive. Those are the ones who will give attitude and get mad.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-29-2011, 08:43 AM

3,261 posts, read 5,304,168 times
I don't get it.

I'd be flattered and smile. It's only offensive and annoying if it's done in an offensive manner.

Old 04-29-2011, 08:51 AM

7,796 posts, read 16,398,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaoTzuMindFu View Post
Its almost ALWAYS flattering when someone hits on you. Be they male, female, ugly, old, young, etc. Everyone wants to be found attractive by someone else. The only time I can remember not being flattered was when a super flaming gay crossdressing dude/chick said "OMG, you are sooo cute, whats your name? You want to have some fun?". I as like "Dude you better get the eff away from me!!".

Again, I think the only ones who really may get mad are attractive women who dont find the guy attractive. Those are the ones who will give attitude and get mad.
I had girlfriends who were like that, especially when we were out at the clubs. I used to get embarrassed by their behavior. And I hate to say it, but I found my lesser attractive friends to be the b*tchiest about it.

Old 04-29-2011, 08:55 AM

13,026 posts, read 24,625,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agnapostate View Post
you know, as in..."Oh, you think we're evenly matched?"
Nope, I think it is flattering and even "ugly" people have a right to having a go at making links with other human beings. Ugly is a ugly does. Who is to say you ( and I ) are not ugly to other human beings ? Chemistry works in very mysterious ways IMO and I would never dismiss someone based on looks alone.

I would rather date a sexy guy who is less than classically handsome than a complete jerk who thinks himself God's gift to the fairer sex.

How incredibly arrogant and snooty to think yourself superior to other human beings that you think someone is somehow barred from even trying their luck with you.

I can't even comprehend this mentality. Of course sexual attraction is a big component of any potential relationship but to me as quaint a notion as it might be I actually try to judge people by something else than their looks.

Also the idea of somehow being offended by a nice guy asking me out because he is no oil painting is truly baffling. It is flattering regardless of what the guy doing the asking looks like. Even if he was disfigured , had lost both legs and looked like Quasimodo I would never look down my nose at him. That to me is what is truly ugly.

A brilliant mind, great sense of humour and self confidence can transform an "ugly" man into a very sexy Dude in my experience and I would never get to find that out if I simply dismissed someone on approach. Everyone should have a chance as long as their approach is not crude, vulgar or crass. Or aggressive.

Old 04-29-2011, 09:03 AM

13,511 posts, read 19,276,876 times
Quote:
That ego of yours seems way over inflated!!Believe me young fellow, you ain't all that!!! grow up, and learn to be flattered when someone shows interest...instead of turning it into a "who's the best looking" game.Your lack of maturity damn near JUMPS out from your post......sad really.

Old 04-29-2011, 09:11 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,693,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by purehuman View Post
That ego of yours seems way over inflated!!Believe me young fellow, you ain't all that!!! grow up, and learn to be flattered when someone shows interest...instead of turning it into a "who's the best looking" game.Your lack of maturity damn near JUMPS out from your post......sad really.
Post 28:

Quote:
I didn't start the thread because I thought that people way uglier than me were hitting on me too much. I just did it to gauge how offended hot girls that I tried to pick up on would be.

Old 04-29-2011, 09:14 AM

4,941 posts, read 8,324,962 times
Do you get mad/offended when ugly people hit on you?

No.

Nobody is THAT good looking to get mad/offended by someone hitting on them.

Old 04-29-2011, 09:17 AM

17,635 posts, read 22,634,216 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justthe6ofus View Post
I don't know, I would be flattered if someone hit on me, wouldn't matter if the feeling was mutual or not.

I could probably count on one hand how many times someone has hit on me in my life, which is why it wouldn't bother me I guess.

They must all be blind guys in your area,
if they can't comprehend your beauty...

Old 04-29-2011, 10:47 AM

220 posts, read 595,474 times
Quote:
I would say annoyed more than anything else. Bless their hearts....The "Jeromes" never seem to be shy about approaching women. I guess they figure, they have nothing to loose.

Old 04-29-2011, 10:54 AM

24,645 posts, read 38,644,789 times
Ugly women never hit on me. I would hit on them, though.

I would only get mad when a third party suggested I get together with an ugly (or just not hot) woman (to her) and she'd be like "hell, no," or if I actually hit on an average-to-troglodyte woman and she turned me down because I was too ugly.

Ugly men and ugly women need love, too.

I loved it, on the other hand, when someone who was way out of my league wanted to hook up with me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships