Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How would this go over with you?
I would fall for him. How sweet! 2 9.09%
My attraction for him would increase, but it wouldn't be instant love 7 31.82%
I wouldn't be affected either way. 4 18.18%
It would definitely count against him. 1 4.55%
I would run! 0 0%
Other (please explain) 8 36.36%
Voters: 22. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-28-2011, 11:32 PM

7,639 posts, read 18,112,289 times

Advertisements

If a man, whom had been a increasingly close friend thus far and you were contemplating a relationship with, but weren't sure what you wanted, said this online:

"I adore your personality, your sweetness, your smile, your curves, your laugh, your eyes, I adore YOU"

Would you fall for him or run?

(I voted "Other" because I am a male, and this would not apply to me)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-28-2011, 11:35 PM

4,868 posts, read 8,406,635 times
hmm...neither. I would just say thank you .

Old 04-28-2011, 11:52 PM

3,083 posts, read 4,874,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tvdxer View Post
If a man, whom had been a increasingly close friend thus far and you were contemplating a relationship with, but weren't sure what you wanted, said this online:

"I adore your personality, your sweetness, your smile, your curves, your laugh, your eyes, I adore YOU"

(I voted "Other" because I am a male, and this would not apply to me)
that will pretty much determine how this poll goes

Old 04-28-2011, 11:52 PM

1,841 posts, read 3,172,033 times
I chose other...

You stated after a time that that this man and I were talking correct? And all of a sudden he stated this online without every having met me?

The tricky thing about chatting with someone online is it is relatively easy to develop online friendships without ever meeting however if it is leading to a relationship where romance and a possible long term relationship can evolve I would haveto say very hard to accept..

Since emailing, texting someone can be great and a friendship can spawn romantic feelings depend largely on actually physically meeting, you can meet someone and not be attracted to them at all...

Old 04-29-2011, 12:00 AM

296 posts, read 542,662 times
If I were contemplating having a relationship with this man I may develop bigger feelings. I'd definitely find it sweet. If this were a friend I'd never consider dating then I'd say thanks and politely explain I'm not interested. I'm not sure I could easily ditch a decent friend over something like that though.

Old 04-29-2011, 09:17 AM

859 posts, read 2,827,327 times
We can't answer that... We don't know the guy... Id he some kind of creep that you feel you need to stay away from or is he a nice guy that you think you could have a relationship with?

If he's a creep then walk away. If he's a nice guy then give it a shot.... What do you have to lose.

Old 04-29-2011, 09:27 AM

157 posts, read 475,119 times
I chose "other" because I try not to "be friends" with men in whom I am interested. If I'm interested in a relationship with a man or attracted to him, I can't be that man's friend. I would put up a "wall" that prevents him from passing aquaintance into friendship. We could be on good terms and have deference but no more. I think it's always a bad idea to date your friends.

Old 04-29-2011, 09:32 AM

4,941 posts, read 8,321,987 times
I would say thank you (because you can adore friends....as friends). I've never had relationship start out as friends. We ended up dating because we both knew that was the common goal from the start.

Old 04-29-2011, 11:21 AM

1,031 posts, read 2,446,213 times
I've never been in a good relationship that didn't start out with being friends. The OP said the girl he would write this to was already contemplating a relationship with him, so there is already some romantic chemistry. I think saying something nice like this to a lady who is already attracted to you would only make her like you more.

Old 04-29-2011, 11:24 AM

13,691 posts, read 18,440,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tvdxer View Post
said this online:

I don't put much stock into things said online unless it's over a skype videoconference.

People drunk text all the time. I would have to know it came from a sound mind.

Videoconference only, no chat, and definitely NO TEXT.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships