Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Who would you rather have be your wife (read the post)?
SAHM 42 29.58%
Career woman 57 40.14%
I'm a woman 43 30.28%
Voters: 142. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-29-2011, 07:34 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,151,011 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antlered Chamataka View Post
Does Mister Dewdrop incur claw wounds
Only when I'm working!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-29-2011, 08:44 PM

2,650 posts, read 3,010,867 times
My wife never worked. That was fine with me as she really made our house a beautiful home and we didn't need the money. If she had wanted to work I would have been fine with that too, to me either way if your in love and your making it its all good.

Old 04-29-2011, 09:24 PM

2,754 posts, read 6,098,000 times
I'll take a good, old-fashioned A SAHM anytime. They're usually more emotionally secure and well-grounded and mentally-balanced.

A huge percentage of so-called "career women" are simply trying to lose themselves through the distraction of work so as to avoid dealing with emotional baggage, un-resolved Daddy Issues, and raging insecurity.

Old 04-30-2011, 12:42 AM

5,126 posts, read 7,402,628 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tvdxer View Post
SAHM: Sexually passive and traditional.

Career woman: Sexually aggressive.

I'm a woman and do not think sexual style is tied to whether or not a woman is a career women or not.

Matter of fact, one of my male friends got divorced from a super successful career women who was too tired for sex and definitely not aggressive.

Old 04-30-2011, 12:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
I'm a wife. Sometimes I work - sometimes I don't. My husband makes enough to support us so I can still pursue my dreams without the added pressure of being responsible for all the bills.

When I'm working - I'm an animal in the bedroom and way aggressive in general.

When I'm not working, I'm totally passive in the bedroom and the perfect little housewife. HAHAHAHAHA!!!

Seriously - what does working have anything to do with a person's sexuality???
Really!!!

Now I feel like being a housewife with a dominatrix outfit in the closet just to confound the OP.

Old 04-30-2011, 12:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerz View Post
hey, what a coincidence, dewdrop.

When i have a heavy freelancing day, my husband comes home and i throw him down on the couch, rake my nails over his face until i draw blood and scream "get it up now!"...whereas on days where i have a parent-teacher conference instead, i cower in the corner asking politely whether my husband would like more home-killed, plucked, quartered and baked chicken, or am i free to go hand-wash and starch-press all his underwear now?

my god. The coincidences are just...eerie!
lmao.

Old 04-30-2011, 12:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
Okay... but then you aren't really going to have a clear read on the results on your poll. Some may vote for the stay at home wife but would rather have someone sexually aggressive - and some may vote for the career woman but would rather have someone more traditional in the bedroom. There are too many variables to have the results give a clear indication on what men would actually prefer.
That's exactly what I was thinking.

Also, I've known plenty of SAHMs who were "aggressive-get-it-done" types.

Old 04-30-2011, 01:06 AM

3,485 posts, read 7,306,523 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles View Post
This:
when the original post specifically mentioned this:
Well, I certainly read it, I understand the premise of the poll and voted appropriately but I just don't agree that it is practical situation to find a guy who earns enough to have a moderate level of comfort. Some guys may believe they earn enough. But they really don't. A minimal level of comfort maybe. But never really enough to engender feelings of total financial security for retirement in today's world. Cost of living has adjusted to 2-income families in recent years esp in larger cities.

Old 04-30-2011, 03:08 AM

1,413 posts, read 3,230,280 times
Thats the central question: What is a moderate income. I'd say between 60k to 100K depending on where you live.

My vote? Don't put your babies in daycare before they can speak. Otherwise, how can they tell you if something is wrong? You need at least a couple years at home with your child, before they have the ability to communicate with you.

Imagine being mute, helpless and hoping someone will care enough to meet your needs. Pretty much ends up being someone who loves you.

Not the cheapest source of daycare.

Old 04-30-2011, 04:32 AM

1,006 posts, read 734,482 times
I would never want a woman that has no aspirations. Career oriented fits me best because she needs to be able to sustain herself if something happens to me. I've never understood why women let guys completely take care of them, winging them off of whatever independence they had. Its ridiculous.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships