Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-29-2011, 06:19 PM

119 posts, read 313,072 times

Advertisements

I am a 26 yr old male who is intelligent and though I do not have a degree am very self educated with some college. The economy has hit me hard but I manage to survive with a nice place in a nice neighborhood however my car is a 20 yr old classic conv. that needs restoration but it runs great... the car would be considered luxury new but now its just a beat up conv... I do not have money to take girls to restaurants or clubs(which I do not like) I rather do active stuff like the beach or a picnic or going for a ride or something plus I cant afford thirty dollar meals for the two of us a few times a week

my main issue is that most girls I see are disqualified not so much for their looks which do matter but bc of their style of dress or tattoos or body piercings than when I see the girl I like I kinda freeze and think I can't treat her the way she deserves to be treated with nice things so I don't bother I also do not know how to ask them on a date as a recent female friend of mine said girls really do not give up phone numbers...also I was told do not approach them if you pass them when they are jogging or riding their bike and you just cant talk to a girl in public bc they are always on the phone!!!!
Ladies please help I just want a nice girl... and I do not want to say
I met her with her ass in the air I seriously do not know what the hell is wrong with most white women today taking up all this African culture...also I hate rap music and gangsta stuff....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-29-2011, 06:29 PM

3,261 posts, read 5,304,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by American1476 View Post
I am a 26 yr old male who is intelligent and though I do not have a degree am very self educated with some college. The economy has hit me hard but I manage to survive with a nice place in a nice neighborhood however my car is a 20 yr old classic conv. that needs restoration but it runs great... the car would be considered luxury new but now its just a beat up conv... I do not have money to take girls to restaurants or clubs(which I do not like) I rather do active stuff like the beach or a picnic or going for a ride or something plus I cant afford thirty dollar meals for the two of us a few times a week

my main issue is that most girls I see are disqualified not so much for their looks which do matter but bc of their style of dress or tattoos or body piercings than when I see the girl I like I kinda freeze and think I can't treat her the way she deserves to be treated with nice things so I don't bother I also do not know how to ask them on a date as a recent female friend of mine said girls really do not give up phone numbers...also I was told do not approach them if you pass them when they are jogging or riding their bike and you just cant talk to a girl in public bc they are always on the phone!!!!
I met her with her ass in the air I seriously do not know what the hell is wrong with most white women today taking up all this African culture...also I hate rap music and gangsta stuff....
You could venture out into social circles that include the type of women you like or possibly join a bike club or volunteer. None of these guarantee that you will meet "the" woman who will attract you on all levels or if you do, that it will be reciprocated, but it will widen your horizons. That, IMO, should be your focus.

Last edited by robee70; 04-29-2011 at 07:04 PM..

Old 04-29-2011, 07:03 PM

1,206 posts, read 2,927,553 times
you sound a bit socially awkward/inept. Id work on making more friends and being more sociable. Then you will more confidence to approach people in general, and eventuallly you can approach women. You need to be comfortable talking to women first before you can be in a successful relationship with one.

Also are you spending alot just to live in a "nice" neighborhood? if you dont have enough money, that will limit your social life and your dating options.

Old 04-29-2011, 07:10 PM
Ep-

2,080 posts, read 4,169,841 times
is this thread real? you touched on like 10 different subjects there...

if you dont want to spend a lot then create a fun date. i do a lot of photography and know a lot of cool areas, so i just invite them for a walk and bring my camera. i adjust all the settings and let them take a few shots, then later that night i photoshop their crappy shots to make them look good and email them a few. they always love that and it costs me $0.

no one cares about your car. mines isnt that old but its covered in dog hair, lol.

girls give up phone numbers if they want to talk to you more. how else you gonna talk to them?

im not sure what your rant about rap music is about...

Old 04-29-2011, 07:20 PM

2,516 posts, read 5,687,417 times
Seems your ideology might be a bit antiquated. Stop looking at it from the perspective of "find woman to support and have family with", you'll get eaten alive with that mindset if you meet the wrong girl.

Sounds like your social skills could use some work too. Make some friends, get to know woman you meet through those friends. Also, you don't take girls to clubs, don't assume thats what they want. If you are in a club, then you are looking in the wrong place for a girlfriend. Most people go to clubs to meet someone or hook up. Most of my exgirlfriends, anytime we were at a club was to meet up with friends who were celebrating something and just wanted to dance. I never took them there and they never asked to go unless it was the aforementioned scenario. And my last girlfriend had 4 tattoo's, her nipples pierced, a couple in each of her ears and her hood pierced. Yet, she was the kind of girl who wanted to settle down and raise a family. I have no piercings, no tats and want no house, no kids, but to live a more mobile lifestyle with a girl that wants to travel with me. Never being too tied down to a city. Point? don't judge them by how they express themselves. Tat's and piercings don't = ****/prostitute, bimbo, shallow, etc. I'm wondering where you are meeting girls where "all the white girls are in to African culture". I've only dated white girls the past few years and haven't come across this problem.

Old 04-29-2011, 08:25 PM

2,765 posts, read 2,792,574 times
Quote:
I am a 26 yr old male who is intelligent.......
And there's your problem right there. Most people are idiots. They don't understand intelligence.

Btw, my response may be somewhat effected by the fact that one of those stupid people put me in a foul mood tonight.

Old 04-29-2011, 08:45 PM

1,904 posts, read 2,987,148 times
Quote:

Lmao!!!!.... I'm confused. Your post is all over the place.

Old 04-29-2011, 09:09 PM

3,187 posts, read 5,151,683 times
Quote:

Forget what you think you know. Just react and stop over thinking everything. Nobody has an answer for everyone or every situation. Your friends might know what they want in a guy for themselves, but they don't know what anyones else wants or looks for .

The way your going, your taking yourself right out of the game. Stop worrying about what others think you should do and just be you.

If you can't find the right one being yourself, then they aren't the right one.

Old 04-29-2011, 09:53 PM

1,084 posts, read 2,477,682 times
First off, you could learn to use punctuation correctly. Secondly, messages should flow. There should be a beginning/intro, body/main message, then a conclusion. It mainly sounds like you are just ranting about random junk when you write the way you have written.

Now, as others have said you have to make friends first. Most romances come out from friendships. I see lots of "nice" white women around. Just talk to them like normal, tell them that you think they are beautiful, and ask them out.

Rap/gansta culture is not African culture, it is an offshoot of American culture since it started in America, not in any African country.

Old 04-29-2011, 10:43 PM

1,321 posts, read 2,107,503 times
Quote:
I seriously do not know what the hell is wrong with most white women today taking up all this African culture
Have you ever considered trying to meet women at some place like, say...a Klan rally?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships