Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-10-2011, 10:12 PM

48,518 posts, read 34,807,002 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaltHowe View Post
When women start acting like they are trophies and start holding themselves out as though they were trophies, then you can't blame a man for thinking that a woman is a trophy. Less pickiness, less time spent on the make-up, less time spent on the fashion, more time spent on valuing the man's inner qualities and the more a woman will TRULY be valued.

Words of wisdom.
My irony meter just shot off the charts. Please don't do that, it will take me all night to reset it.

Old 05-11-2011, 01:21 AM

369 posts, read 617,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
My irony meter just shot off the charts. Please don't do that, it will take me all night to reset it.
I'm like THE HUH?

Old 05-11-2011, 02:35 AM

483 posts, read 1,559,279 times
One of the biggest insults from a woman about a guy she dated would be: "He's a nice guy". If you ask a woman how she felt about a not-very-good date, chances are she'll say "oh he was nice... but I don't think I would go out with him again". In other words, HE'S A LOSER!!

Women want a guy who's strong and gives her a secure feeling. Stuff like emotional support and what to do about PMS, she can ask her gf's. Sex, she can get from a toy. But she needs strength from her man. This means he has to offend people sometimes, it means he has to be a bit aggressive at times, and project confidence (which may be seen as cockiness to some). Nice guys don't do or have any of those.

Old 05-11-2011, 03:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by josh u View Post
One of the biggest insults from a woman about a guy she dated would be: "He's a nice guy". If you ask a woman how she felt about a not-very-good date, chances are she'll say "oh he was nice... but I don't think I would go out with him again". In other words, HE'S A LOSER!!

Women want a guy who's strong and gives her a secure feeling. Stuff like emotional support and what to do about PMS, she can ask her gf's. Sex, she can get from a toy. But she needs strength from her man. This means he has to offend people sometimes, it means he has to be a bit aggressive at times, and project confidence (which may be seen as cockiness to some). Nice guys don't do or have any of those.
He has to say the honest but unpopular things which may make him some enemies on a relationships forum?

Old 05-11-2011, 04:15 AM

2,725 posts, read 5,188,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by killakoolaide View Post
Nice guys finish last because they care about and respect womens feelings, so they give women all the validation they seek without making them earn it, there respect is lost.
In other words, if a woman thinks to herself "I care about myself", she should stop because she needs your validation and needs to earn, too? That doesn't sound very nice to me.

Old 05-11-2011, 05:37 AM

483 posts, read 1,559,279 times
There's another reason why women don't like nice guys. Nice guys are viewed as emotionally vulnerable and easier to be hurt. Women don't want to be involved with someone who's girlie in terms of how vulnerable he is. It would be like dating a woman with a p***s.

Old 05-11-2011, 06:26 AM

Quote:
There's another reason why women don't like nice guys. Nice guys are viewed as emotionally vulnerable and easier to be hurt. Women don't want to be involved with someone who's girlie in terms of how vulnerable he is. It would be like dating a woman with a p***s.
I always hear women complaining about how tough and unfeeling their husband/boyfriend/ex is/was so I have to post an INQUIRY!!! here.

Old 05-11-2011, 08:10 AM

8,518 posts, read 15,636,187 times
Quote:
Or maybe they just didn't click. Did you ever think about that?

I think there are some guys who are ready to think the worst of women. If she rejects them, they're write it off as "she wants a bad boy." But quite often, that isn't the case at all. A guy could be successful, good-looking, funny, etc. But then he goes on a date with a woman and no matter how wonderful he is, they just don't have any chemistry. If he has a healthy self-image, he's not going to walk away thinking he was too much of a nice guy. He's simply going to accept that being a great guy doesn't come with any guarantee that you'll hit it off with every woman you meet.

Old 05-11-2011, 09:08 AM

404 posts, read 701,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crisan View Post
In other words, if a woman thinks to herself "I care about myself", she should stop because she needs your validation and needs to earn, too? That doesn't sound very nice to me.
I'm not going to enter the discussion of "nice guys and women" here. But I want to say this: Some people here, in my humble opinion, tend to complicate things too much when discussing if someone is actually nice or not. To me, someone is nice when I meet them in person and we get along well. That's all.

Unless there is something strange going on where I perceive they are not being honest (and usually it's a minority of cases), it just boils down to that. The problem is that, just reading messages in a forum, it's too hard to pick a real impression on someone. And too easy to re-read their messages until one sees hidden intentions.

Old 05-11-2011, 10:14 AM

5,460 posts, read 7,757,868 times
Quote:
Dude...wow just sayin, but that's kind of a rather harsh assessment....

Are you basically saying that all forms of kindness and gentleness in a human male toward the woman he loves, are bad things? IMO,
human compassion, whether romantic in nature or not, is not never a weakness; rather, it is one of humanity's greatest strengths.

I make no pretenses, when I am romantically interested in a girl...for me, there are no illusions or games. If I care about her romantically, I will not hesitate to demonstrate that I care, primarily by being kind to her. And I would tend to hope (though not automatically expect) that she would be kind to me, as well. It's not an act either...as I try my very best to be kind to everyone, on a daily basis. To love others, as one would, oneself.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships