Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-02-2011, 12:58 PM

5,139 posts, read 12,711,674 times

Advertisements

All guys "fail". Its just the sensitive ones who focus on the failure rather than moving onto the next possible opportunity. I hate d-bags. I don't care how hot they are. The way they go about themselves is a joke to me. Any time I sniff one of those out I always enjoyed flipping the situation on them and acting like they are nothing to me. I call it revenge for the ladies they used to know.

YouTube - 3OH!3 - STARSTRUKK (Feat. Katy Perry) [OFFICIAL MUSIC VIDEO]

Old 05-02-2011, 01:14 PM

3,184 posts, read 4,846,653 times
You can be a nice person and a gentleman without being referred to as the dreaded "nice guy". Apparently "nice guy" means door mat. Be a strong, confident, assertive, respectful gentleman. Worked for me once I realized the difference. My girlfriend calls me "nice" all the time because I'm a gentleman who treats her with respect, but she knows I'm no door mat.

There was a very interesting nice guy vs. good man thread a while back. Good read.

Old 05-02-2011, 01:16 PM

1,133 posts, read 2,283,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank_Carbonni View Post
Now, let's also be frank here. A lot woman do truly like douchebags. It's a fact, but you know what? A lot of guys like *******. For every shallow woman who wants a bad boy who will cheat on her, treat her like ****, and maybe smack her around, there is some guy pining after that sort of woman. That is why she doesn't like you, because she would rather have a boyfriend where she has to call the cops on a regular basis because he just threatened to kill her cat, rape her, and then burn down the house with both inside than go out on one date with you. She has deep emotional issues and probably isn't that pleasant of person either. ******* and douchebags go together like chocolate and peanut butter. It's the way of the world.

The reason why have either been rejected by or have had a string of relationships with those type of women is because you have bad taste. Sorry to break it to you. That is exactly what I told this female friend of mine when she got drunk and angry thinking about her history with men and started a rant about how all men want to hit women, how all men cheat, how men are liars and con artists, and so on. I said that maybe the problem wasn't men, but maybe the men she was dating. Maybe she just had bad taste.
Wow

While your overall connection between girls wanting bad boys and guys wanting bit*hy girls is accurate, your underlying reasons are completely erroneous.

First off, the "bad boy" that most girls do want is not the guy who cheats on her, smacks her around, treats her like $hit, kills her cat, rapes her, or burns down her house. That is called an abusive psychopathic criminal.

The "bad boy" girls want has to do with his attitude and mentality towards things, life, and especially her. He won't do nice things for her like buy her flowers or tell her how pretty she looks. He values himself and his time over hers. He'll be late to dates, and do things that show he doesn't care that much about her.

Most super-attractive females want the bad boy, because they've been told their whole lives how beautiful they are, they've received flowers, books, cds, and cars from suitors, and they are always put on a pedestal. This bad boy is the one guy who's ever treated her like she's nothing - and this makes her very attracted to him.

Old 05-02-2011, 01:34 PM

8,518 posts, read 15,640,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaltHowe View Post
Then why do they have thousands of people following them?
Simple. Because people love to network. It's very common for people to add people who've added them even if they don't know them. This is a common marketing practice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by grneyedmustang View Post
2) Following with the "doormat" theme - I think that sometimes, there are people who use the "nice guy" (and nice girl) status to be a martyr to everyone else. Later on in the relationship, all those "nice deeds" are used as ammunition or some sort of "one upmanship" in the relationship. In this case, you're not genuinely a nice guy, you're manipulating people.
There are certainly no shortage of nice guys who fall into this category. They do nice things not for its own sake, but because they expect there to be a payoff. And when that payoff doesn't materialize, they become bitter and feel used.

Old 05-02-2011, 01:34 PM

1,206 posts, read 2,927,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaltHowe View Post
In other words if you aren't boring and insecure then you speak your mind and you can't be a nice guy if you speak your mind?
Im saying if you arent boring and insecure youd think about something better to say rather then talk about what a nice guy you are (because you believe its your only merit). Its like someone talking about how humble they are. You dont have to talk about it if you are that. If your a nice guy then your a nice guy, you wouldnt be moaning on the internet about how women treat you like crap because your a nice guy and they are stupid and llike jerks. Your no longer a nice guy, your a bitter guy who is jealous and envious of men who are successful with women.

biologically speaking its natural for their to be alot of guys who lose out in the dating world. Women are more selective then men are and will be attracted to a small group of high status/dominant men. The men who get left behind wont be as successful.

Last edited by imsh0t; 05-02-2011 at 01:44 PM..

Old 05-02-2011, 01:38 PM

31,033 posts, read 22,070,533 times
Lots of good ones popped up while I was trying to multi task!

There are so many variations in "Nice guys" out there. From reading this you would think there are only "Nice Guys" and "Douche bags". Unfortunately, many men that are "Door Mats" see them self’s as "Nice guys". Not all are. Many "Door Mats" are resentful, hurtful, vindictive people. Many times they become woman people haters and blame it on the women because they are unable to change.

I categorize myself as a nice guy and I have no problems dating. I'm nice, fun, I always treat, I'm a rescuer at times (Woman, Kids, dogs), I'll help with rent when times are hard, I'm a great confidant, and I help everybody move. Funny, when I bring up being a "Nice guy" with woman they take it as if I am insulting myself until I bring up specifics??

Old 05-02-2011, 01:46 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,721,390 times
This subject was well covered in this thread:

//www.city-data.com/forum/relat...-good-men.html

Some should read and learn

Old 05-02-2011, 03:05 PM

7,725 posts, read 12,620,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank_Carbonni View Post
I was having a debate about the term "nice guy" on another website. Now, the term needs no explanation. We all have heard complaints from "Nice Guys" about their failures with women. Well I had a little rant about this type of thing and I think it is relevant to this forum.
Nice guys only fail with American women because most are aggressive and have feminist views. Nice guys are not a problem for most women across the world. That's why nice guys should marry elsewhere.

Last edited by allenk893; 05-02-2011 at 03:15 PM..

Old 05-02-2011, 03:13 PM

5,139 posts, read 12,711,674 times
[quote=allenk893;18985709][quote=Frank_Carbonni;18964828]I was having a debate about the term "nice guy" on another website. Now, the term needs no explanation. We all have heard complaints from "Nice Guys" about their failures with women. Well I had a little rant about this type of thing and I think it is relevant to this forum.
Quote:

Nice guys only fail with American women because most are aggressive and have feminist views. Nice guys are not a problem for most women across the world. That's why nice guys should marry elsewhere.

Don't whine if you can't handle an american woman. If you don't like it you can geeeeeeeeeeeet ouuuuuuuuuut.

YouTube - Ac/Dc- You shook me all night long

Old 05-02-2011, 03:13 PM

1,361 posts, read 3,714,484 times
Quote:
All guys "fail". Its just the sensitive ones who focus on the failure rather than moving onto the next possible opportunity.
That is the smartest thing I've read in a long time. I've been rejected by dozens of women and I don't care because most of them weren't prizes themselves. Most of the numbers I have gotten in my life were merely ego boosts and I didn't care if those women rejected me. I always get attention from the ladies and I am currently dating a girl that I am extremely attracted to and she has a great personality. But even guys who are big-time players that get lots of girls get rejected much, much more than they succeed. I know because a lot of my boys holler at every girl in sight. They get embarrassingly rejected all the time but it doesn't phase them. They don't crawl into a hole thinking that no women will ever want them because they know that there will always be another woman who will. If you have the time, watch this classic episode of King of the Hill where the seasoned ladies man Boomhauer reveals his secret method of getting all the girls turns out to be hollering at every woman in sight and getting rejected dozens of times by different women until one woman finally says "yes":

Watch Im with Cupid episode s6e06 of King of the Hill - KOTH Online
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships