Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-02-2011, 05:16 AM

2,631 posts, read 7,022,832 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanJP View Post
Walk away, there's no reason to get down and dirty on her level. That kind of thing only invites bad karma and even though it'll make you feel great for a little bit you may eventually come to regret it.
I know you guys are right I just never felt this much hatred for someone. But I do need to man up and let it go.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-02-2011, 05:27 AM

10,363 posts, read 20,816,323 times
Wow, is this what they mean when people say, "I'm not looking for drama"?

Old 05-02-2011, 05:31 AM

22,278 posts, read 21,757,535 times
So much about this story confuses me.

Quote:
A while back I dated this psycho/promiscous girl.

I was naive, gullible and pretty much an idiot back then.
Strange way to start a story about your wife. What happened between the dating and the marrying?

Quote:
To my knowledge we are still married today.
Why would you assume you were not? Do you think the marriage might be invalid for some reason?

Quote:
We ended the relationship kind of funny. I left her because an opportunity arose(mainly because she is worse then filth) she claims that she was too much in love with me and she was focused on becoming rich so she pushed me away too focus on being rich.

I have no idea what you are saying here.

Quote:
She got me fired from my job, cheated on me multiple times, put her hands on me constantly and I did not find out until it was too late because we where living together, and married in a whole other state.
What job? The job you left her to pursue?

You did not know until it was too late that she was physically abusing you? You thought she was just kidding around?

You did not know because you were living together? Huh?

Quote:
We are both very career driven people. The last words I remember from her on the phone was that my plans would never go through while she and the guy on the phone where mocking me having sex in the background.
The guy was on the phone with you while he was having sex with your wife? How is that physically possible

Quote:
However she called me mediocore, said I wasn't a real man and even had the nerve to kick me while I was down when I supported her when she was in the same position of not having a car ,little to no money and no one there to talk to.
Wait when did that happen? When you were living together? After she left? Just recently? Were these before the "last words" you previously mentioned?

This is the weirdest, most convoluted story I have seen ever!

Old 05-02-2011, 05:41 AM

13,011 posts, read 13,066,877 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Veyron View Post
I know you guys are right I just never felt this much hatred for someone. But I do need to man up and let it go.
Do this.

Get a lawyer, and file for divorce. If she does not respond in a timely manner, then the courts will ultimately grant it.

Do it before you start earning real money and putting away $ for retirement, otherwise she may have a claim on those assets.

Vengeance will only eat away at you. Being involved with her will likewise eat away at you.

For your own well being, file the papers and walk away from the situation.

Old 05-02-2011, 05:55 AM

1,300 posts, read 2,573,810 times
sigh* if you "get revenge" on her, then you'll be everything you just said she was!

Old 05-02-2011, 07:20 AM

5,139 posts, read 12,721,387 times
Just move on. She is nuts and disgusting. You have wasted enough time with her. Spend your time on figuring out why you are so fixated on an unhealthy relationship. Also look for a less crazy one after you get emotionally sorted. Nothing makes you forget about bad times like following up with good times.

Old 05-02-2011, 07:40 AM

160 posts, read 454,822 times
Relationships are funny. In fact I often wonder how our species has managed to survive - we are so different.

It sounds like she may have been trying to get you to man up all along.

She called you out to prove that you loved her, to show her that you were her man, to make her feel safe. She even called you out while she was with someone else and you didn't care about her enough to even threaten to beat the sh*t out of the other dude.

This is your wife?
Perhaps she is stronger than you and doesn't want to play the masculine role? She's screaming for you to be her man but you can't see past your own self.

Women aren't direct, they are not going to give it to you the way your buddies will.

I think there is a reason that she hasn't filed for divorce.

If she really was with someone else she would have filed the papers and moved on.

She's still hoping that her MAN will show up for her.

Old 05-02-2011, 07:41 AM

153 posts, read 237,583 times
So now I ask my friends the tables are beginning to turn..Should I lure her in with my upcomming success and get revenge on her or should I walk away?

I am divorced from a Narcissist...... the best advice given to me is the only way to deal with a Narcissist is to walk away, don't engage what so ever....... So WALK away!!! I think you can file divorce papers and have her served so you do it. Good Luck

Old 05-02-2011, 07:46 AM

12,585 posts, read 16,969,425 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Veyron View Post
Been there.

Listen...if you haven't signed any divorce papers then you are still married to her.

Best revenge is not signing the papers. When she finds someone she wants to marry....like some rich guy....she will have to divorce you first.

When you refuse to sign it messes up her life and there you go.

Old 05-02-2011, 07:57 AM

2,631 posts, read 7,022,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thursday007 View Post
I think you are dragging this out on your part and for what reason I have no idea unless you are addicted to chaos.

Let me tell you a story or two about Karma. We don't inflict karma on other people karma happens to other people. People such as this do not need your help, they do themselves in on their own and often it may take years.

I lived with a man who made a fool of me the way he screwed around and I finally left him. Jump ahead a number of years and I was at a party and ran into a mutual friends of ours. She asked me if I had heard about so and so and I said, he left a message on my answering machine the night before he got married and he said, 'No, he's divorced." I said, "Oh, did she catch him cheating." The guy laughed and said, "No, within months after getting married he came home and found her in bed with another man." That, sir, is Karma!

Another similiar instance took 10 years before it happened. But, as I said, they don't need your help, they'll do themselves in. You just have to let it go and not do this tit-for-tat back and forth and the more you do it the more it appears you like the attention.
Your right.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships